Other Acceptable Co2 rifle?

Spywiz,

Not sure where your buddy lives, but another thing about CO2 guns is that their performance suffers in cold weather.

By performance, I mean that the velocity drops off when the temp. drops.
May not be an issue where he lives (mild winters) or for the pesting that he wants to do.

PCP's are in a whole other league performance wise, it's just the cost of the air supply that is an issue for most (kept me away for years), but if Your friend still has fire fighter buddies, they may be able to give him a tank that they are removing from service and perhaps even fill it for him. Filling is not a stumbling block as most scuba shops can fill an SCBA tank.

Jerry

QB78, QB 79 or a Hammerli/RWS/ Walther 850 would be my vote. The snow peak guns are nice as well but I'm not as well versed in them.

50 yards is a bit long for CO2 but not impossible if your friend practices, pays attention to the temp and finds the right pellet. Plenty of shooters in UK and Europe pest at 50m with sub 12fpe. If he's a retired firefighter maybe he could get a cheap used tank from the local station and fill it for cheap. That would open up a lot of options for him. A well set up QB79 with a hpa bottle and lower reg pressure should yield a lot of usable shots.

An "old" friend called me and has another retired firefighter friend that is a little weaker in his old age, and has COPD. His wife died this year and he is watching the starlings and blackbirds eat all of his birdseed. He is looking for a Co2 rifle that he can shoot the starlings, up to maybe 50 yards. I know absolutely nothing about Co2. Could yall suggest a decent Co2 rifle that I could suggest to him to get for his old friend? He wants C02 because he don't think the old fella is strong enough to cock a break barrel and a pump would stress his breathing. I told him that I would post the question on AGN and let him know. Thanks to all for the time and attention.
Bob-
where is he shooting and what is in back of what he is shooting at ? a CO2 rifle can shoot a long way if you miss ! A CO2 rifle shooting a Crossman dome pellet (walmart) can blow right through a starling body @ 30 yards i would think .
P.S. C02 is also a loud pop or can be .