• *The discussion of the creation, fabrication, or modification of airgun moderators is prohibited. The discussion of any "adapters" used to convert an airgun moderator to a firearm silencer will result in immediate termination of the account.*

Adapter needed?

I tried that, but the website is down. I tried searching on all the standard air gun sellers websites, but didn't see the info I was looking for. I then sent emails to those same sites asking this question, but no one responded. Also, the DonnyFL email I found on Facebook wasn't valid! I'm really confused why the sellers are not eager to sell me something...? Decided it was time to join a forum to get some answers... :)

A bit more research shows the DonnyFL FX moderator matches the barrel size once you add the carbon fiber barrel cover. I like that it matches because it would look less like a suppressor and draw less attention that way. Does anyone have personal experience with the FX versus a larger moderator like Shogun or Emperor?

I had a DonnyFL "FX" moderator on mine. It worked fine for the muzzle report. However the semi-auto action on that gun is still pretty noisy. It doesn't sound like shooting a gun, but it does sound like you're using some kind of air tools from a short distance.

The nice part about the "FX" moderator is it's the exact diameter as the Terminator barrel shroud, so it looks perfect. I don't think a larger moderator would make much or any difference on the Terminator-- as I said it has a bit of volume independent from the muzzle.

You may want to put a depinger inside the air tube on that model as well. It will make it more pleasant to shoot, even though you can't really hear the ping from any real distance.

I had a DonnyFL "FX" moderator on mine. It worked fine for the muzzle report. However the semi-auto action on that gun is still pretty noisy. It doesn't sound like shooting a gun, but it does sound like you're using some kind of air tools from a short distance.

The nice part about the "FX" moderator is it's the exact diameter as the Terminator barrel shroud, so it looks perfect. I don't think a larger moderator would make much or any difference on the Terminator-- as I said it has a bit of volume independent from the muzzle.

You may want to put a depinger inside the air tube on that model as well. It will make it more pleasant to shoot, even though you can't really hear the ping from any real distance.

SilverShooter589, I'm actually trying to PM you to inquire about your gun for sale. I just created my account and they say I need 10 posts which I've done now, but I still can't PM. It's a bit frustrating... If you can PM me, please do so.

SilverShooter589, I'm actually trying to PM you to inquire about your gun for sale. I just created my account and they say I need 10 posts which I've done now, but I still can't PM. It's a bit frustrating... If you can PM me, please do so.

Hey, sorry that gun is sold a while ago. My bad, I'll go update the listing now. FWIW I like the Challenger Pro 30 that I replaced it with a lot better. But I'm sure the Terminator 30 would have the edge in a tactical situation.

Hey, sorry that gun is sold a while ago. My bad, I'll go update the listing now. FWIW I like the Challenger Pro 30 that I replaced it with a lot better. But I'm sure the Terminator 30 would have the edge in a tactical situation.
No worries... I'm looking for target practice with my kids and then hunting coyotes at up to 100 yards. The wife is really sad about losing her chickens to the coyotes. So, I figure this is the perfect excuse to get a new toy! ;) I liked the Challenger Pro as well, but I am leaning towards the semi-auto. The laws in my area say I can use the gun for target practice as long as I'm 200 yards away from a structure. I can do that here. So, we should be able to legally fire it in our neighborhood, but I'm still wanting to attract as little attention as possible. The air nailer was also what I thought it sounded like (based on YouTube videos). I figured that may be acceptable...

Reactions: silvershooter589
If you're shooting targets and shooting coyotes primarily I'd really give the Challenger Pro the edge over the Terminator. You'll get much better groups on paper and be able to shoot a wider variety of ammo. It can be tuned up to like 138 fpe with the HP hammer spring installed or down to under 50 fpe if you turn the power wheel to minimum. The regulator of course makes it way more consistent. The side lever is really smooth and a joy to use, plus the trigger is a lot lighter on the C Pro. Plus you'd be saving a few bucks.

I have a Ronin on my Challenger Pro and it's a little louder at the muzzle vs the Terminator (even with a bigger can) but overall makes less noise. Anyway, not trying to tell you what to buy, but hopefully that's a useful opinion for you pre-purchase.

If you're shooting targets and shooting coyotes primarily I'd really give the Challenger Pro the edge over the Terminator. You'll get much better groups on paper and be able to shoot a wider variety of ammo. It can be tuned up to like 138 fpe with the HP hammer spring installed or down to under 50 fpe if you turn the power wheel to minimum. The regulator of course makes it way more consistent. The side lever is really smooth and a joy to use, plus the trigger is a lot lighter on the C Pro. Plus you'd be saving a few bucks.

I have a Ronin on my Challenger Pro and it's a little louder at the muzzle vs the Terminator (even with a bigger can) but overall makes less noise. Anyway, not trying to tell you what to buy, but hopefully that's a useful opinion for you pre-purchase.
I appreciate the guidance. I'm actually YouTubing some Challenger videos now... :) I forgot about the regulated aspect. That's a huge factor. I was thinking semi-auto might keep the kids engaged more, but now thinking running out of air and having to reload more often would be a downer as well.

Reactions: silvershooter589
I appreciate the guidance. I'm actually YouTubing some Challenger videos now... :) I forgot about the regulated aspect. That's a huge factor. I was thinking semi-auto might keep the kids engaged more, but now thinking running out of air and having to reload more often would be a downer as well.

Both guns will shoot about 3 mags at full power (which is not great for pellet accuracy but ideal for heavier slugs) but you can more or less double that shot count if you turn down the power wheel for backyard target shooting using 44.75 grain pellets.