Add a bipod to Umarex Notos?

How old is this NOTOS??? It has a pic rail on the bottom of the bottle and a right side lever to cock and load. Unless I am tired and slap happy...which I do need a little bit of a nap! I've been looking into fitting my Notos with a bipod, And would love for mine to load on the right!! I guess I am just wishing and hoping for something I could have!
Good eye!

As mentioned it is a pp750. And even better it is in .177 cal if you look for mods on the pp750 you will find items that will fit the notos as well.

Allen

Screenshot_20240620-195300_Samsung Internet.jpg
I picked this one up and its frigging awesome. No dumbass "tube clamp" with a picatinney section. It slides over the tube very snugly and looks great and functions great. $29.00 from Bravo3D.com

Reactions: BABz58
Got the Ted kit from pyrramydair, love it! and it's a great Kit

View attachment 479403

It looks awesome and the bipod and Notos are fantastic products, but from my experience I think that Ted dropped the ball here…

What happens is that having the bipod so far out in front and clamping on top of the gun, it bends the shroud/barrel combination under anything but the very lightest of touch when gripping the gun due to a long leverage arm. The Notos is not a heavy (literally) duty setup, it is mostly light plastic, and in essence has a free floating barrel, so not suitably equipped for this setup. (A fix would be a barrelclamp fixating the shroud to the airtube)

I have a laser clamped up front as well, and when I look through the scope it stays perfectly on target, but the laser dot will rise and fall with any varying grip. Of course this is very detrimental to accuracy and precision… (from the side you can also literally see the shroud separate from the airtube when you vary grip levels on the gun)

When you connect the bipod at the base of the rail (near the action) there is less leverage and the barrel will not bend. But that will unfortunately not work with your setup, as there is no room for it.

Reactions: Chief Ten-Beers
I agree it needs more support. Someone could design a monolithic forearm that incorporates the picatinny rail on top and also clamps onto each end of the reservoir and it could be fairly sturdy. Possibly a full length liner that would completely encase the reservoir…. I’m just spit-balling but something could definitely be made to improve on this design.
I have the top mounted bipod on my Texan and really like it mounted that way.

I am of the opposite opinion. Every “free floated” barreled airgun I’ve ever owned has been crap when it comes to POI changes from one shooting session to another.
That is with them exception of my Evol. But it is built rock solid.
Probably one of the best upgrades to a marauder for example is a Tim Hill barrel band that locks it down and stops the POI changes.
While a barrel make look cool with only one or two inches of it supported in a receiver, I’d much prefer something that’s locked down solid and has no play.

I am of the opposite opinion. Every “free floated” barreled airgun I’ve ever owned has been crap when it comes to POI changes from one shooting session to another.
That is with them exception of my Evol. But it is built rock solid.
Probably one of the best upgrades to a marauder for example is a Tim Hill barrel band that locks it down and stops the POI changes.
While a barrel make look cool with only one or two inches of it supported in a receiver, I’d much prefer something that’s locked down solid and has no play.

Poorly made guns need crutches, well made guns follow designs that allow free-floating.

Poorly made guns need crutches, well made guns follow designs that allow free-floating.
Meh. I can’t see that minimal support is a superior design. In fact the POI changes that are inherent in those rifles suggests the opposite.
And you are partially correct. WELL MADE guns can be made to use free floating barrels that do not suffer POI changes, but let’s not kid ourselves, the NOTOS is a great airgun and I love it but is it engineered at anything near a high level? No. Woefully not.
I will agree to disagree on the subject.

Reactions: Firewalker