Adventures with Sig Sauer X-Five and a Benj marauder

I previously had a mess of trouble with the Benjamin marauder. *https://www.airgunnation.com/threads/benjamin-marauder-semi-auto-not-loading-right.1278712/) just fyi

Eventually, it turns out, short of repairing the whole thing, it's best to just use the darn gun as a poopty bolt-action. Don't use a magazine and just stuff the pellet in each time manually.

Anyway - I had an interesting time shooting at raccoons who were f*ing with my pets. I killed one, probably using something like 1800 PSI. Fell to the ground right away and took less than 30 seconds to fully expire.

I grabbed my CO2 pistol (Sig Sauer X-Five) to finish him off at that time, not knowing if he died, and just unloaded at the raccoon point-blank. The CO2 canister had been in the thing for quite a while, but just to share with you - at least 50% of the pellets just outright bounced off of the raccoon's fur like you hit a tiger tank in World of Tanks with a machine gun. Like there's no exaggerating that, i have it on video where the pellets just bounce off of him and reasonably sharp angles - they aren't like grazing shots or anything. I have suspicions that the X-Five has a really bad leak or something makes it perform like trash, so do take my concerns with a grain of salt. For reference, I'd like to tell you that this CO2 pistol goes through something like 4-6 layers of cardboard on a fresh or 50% used-up CO2 canister. So if that performance for your CO2 pistol sounds normal for you, then next time you have an aggressive raccoon, be ready to beat it with the gun once you've pissed it off with the pellets I guess?

But anyway, shot my very second raccoon today with the PCP air gun - around 1500 PSI shot. I swear to god I was aiming at his head, but wherever I hit him, he ate it like a champ and just got the hell out of there. Maybe I shot too low in his head and was closer to his neck? He was facing me head-first. No idea if it was the PSI not being closer to 2000 or the bad shot. I've thwacked their skulls before - those skulls are shockingly tough.

Anyway, honestly I just wanted to write this up in case anyone one day arrives here from google and they'll know to not risk a raccoon fight with a weak CO2 pistol! But if you're confident that your CO2 pistol goes through way more than 4-6ish layers of cardboard, go aheaad.