FX Advice buying a used impact 2 loaded

Got an opportunity to buy an impact 2 with a 22 and 25 cal. both 600mm with slug liners.
Shogun moderator
Mtc viper pro 5-30 and fx rings
Adjustable butt with monopod
Adjustable cheek
Sabertac bottom rail
Plenium has been upgraded
Power kit
2019 cf tank. With nice cover and carry strap. Think it’s the larger one. He said it was 800 when he bought
Some kinda of compressor. Didn’t check it out but was blue and is ac only and has water lines and pump to keep cool. From a quick search looks like a 250 dollar one
Has 25 cal mag but no 22. Has 3d printed single loader
Is 2300 a deal. I don’t care for the scope and 25 cal and the adjustable butt

That copper m4 is really calling me! This will
Be my first pcp

Thanks

Got an opportunity to buy an impact 2 with a 22 and 25 cal. both 600mm with slug liners.
Shogun moderator
Mtc viper pro 5-30 and fx rings
Adjustable butt with monopod
Adjustable cheek
Sabertac bottom rail
Plenium has been upgraded
Power kit
2019 cf tank. With nice cover and carry strap. Think it’s the larger one. He said it was 800 when he bought
Some kinda of compressor. Didn’t check it out but was blue and is ac only and has water lines and pump to keep cool. From a quick search looks like a 250 dollar one
Has 25 cal mag but no 22. Has 3d printed single loader
Is 2300 a deal. I don’t care for the scope and 25 cal and the adjustable butt

That copper m4 is really calling me! This will
Be my first pcp

Thanks
If the Copper M4 is calling? Maybe you should heed her. I bet the seller will be getting an M4 after unloading his M2… Go for what you really want, though an M4 would be quite the choice for your first PCP. Good luck…

Listen i would just save a few buck more and grab the new one you know exactly what you have build up your own dont go with somebody elses problem good luck bud oh i always buy new and build my own but do what feels good for you
Also i to much money to spend and have a problem at least if you buy new its all covered if you have trouble you spend all that money on used any problem its your problem i would wait for new just hate to hear something bad happen to you good luck

sneaker.jpeg

I’d pass on that rifle. I’d also wait to see the unbiased review of the trigger on the M4. It’s all new from their literature. For how much they are, I’d want to try it first.
Others disagree, and they have that right, but I would never suggest a rifle designed for tuning to be your first pcp. If you do, have it tuned by a credible source and enjoy the rifle before you start turning screws.

There are many great PCP’s that will help you learn and enjoy the sport. Huntsman, BRK XR’s, Vulcan, Cricket, Taipan, to name a few. These rifle will be rock solid. Your 2nd PCP can be a tuning platform, so when you’re doing that you have a rifle to shoot. I say this because tuning is not something you want to rush, it’s a process. If you have a solid rifle in your safe, you’re free to take as long as needed to get it right.

Enjoy shooting, then enjoy tuning.

Reactions: klentz and L.Leon
I’ll tell you my experience. I bought a used M2 from a forum member a year and a half ago, I bought it and had to wait months until a friend brought it down from the US to Argentina. Once I had it, it turns out that the gun wasn’t working well at all, I had it sent to the FX dealer here in Argentina and their tech guy told me that the gun had been tinkered too much and that he didn’t want to fix it. Over a period of a year, I was able to upgrade every little piece that was upgradable, I did all the tech work myself, added the new M3 plenum, the new power block, swapped orings, M3 side lever, upgraded internals. I took apart and put together the gun a million times until I finally got it to work. Today, it shoots incredibly well, better than any gun I have ever owned!
If I was able to do it with all the limited resources we have in Argentina, imagine what you can do to it in the US!!

Lucas

Reputation & good history of seller is of great importance to me when buying used. There are A LOT of guys out there who've done God knows what to their guns & some unsuspecting buyer gets a load of trouble, sometimes not. If you have confidence in your abilities to fix anything that may present itself than go with your gut. If not, buy new. Just my 2 cents.

Reactions: WorriedMan
I have a factory stock configuration (no mods or updates) .22/700mm Impact MK2 and am very happy shooting 25g pellets with it. It does all I want and have no desire to upgrade.

That being said, I don't buy second hand equipment unless I have no other option.

Strange as it may seem I'd recommend the Impact MK4 as a first PCP. Buy once, cry once and you have a versatile airgun that you can grow into.

I have several PCPs that are not tuner-friendly and now find that to be a disadvantage. Yes, they are simple and shoot well enough but adjustable PCPs can be fine tuned to shoot better. It gives you options like adjusting to different power levels or to a specific pellet. Until you know what you are doing, it's best if you don't change the factory tune until the gun is well broken in and then, only if necessary. There is a page in the manual to record the factory settings - be sure to fill it in!

In buying an airgun, think of what you are going to do with the PCP and buy the appropriate caliber and power. Larger calibers are more expensive to shoot, not important for a hunting gun but definitely a consideration if you plink or target shoot a lot. You can change the caliber of the Impact if you need to but that is expensive to do and retuning will be required.

Take your time choosing, good luck with your purchase!

Cheers!

I have the MK2 PP from day one it came out in 2020.
This was my first PCP, an impressive learning curve.
Also invested a lot of tinkering into internal power surgeries and some external dressing up.
I made it a real performer.
I will never let this go from my hands or replace with M3 or M4, unless some real revolution happens on the market that could change the airguns path.

Reputation & good history of seller is of great importance to me when buying used. There are A LOT of guys out there who've done God knows what to their guns & some unsuspecting buyer gets a load of trouble, sometimes not. If you have confidence in your abilities to fix anything that may present itself than go with your gut. If not, buy new. Just my 2 cents.

I could not agree with this more. Any version of the Impact would be on my do not buy used list. The more add ons and modifications the lower my interest level would be. Impacts are guns for people who tinker and tune and not all of them know what they are doing.

Reactions: bigHUN
That is not a deal. Packages usually run a lot lower than that, especially for an old MK2. The compressor is a nice add on if its a real YH, but not worth paying that much for. For reference a member just sold a nice M3 Impact with 2 barrels and a few extras with some nice upgrades for about $1600. In my opinion the MK2 package is worth closer to $1200-$1400 assuming everything is in good shape.

Utah has M3 Impacts on clearance sale right now and you get a warranty.