Other Advice on first pcp

I'm looking to get my first pcp. This gun will be solely for pest control. 35 yards max rabbits and chipmunks. I want a PCP because I am hesitant to mount my sightmark wraith nightvision scope on my break barrel. I'm leaning towards a umarex notos. For the price are there any other guns I should consider? I also plan on hand pumping as I plan to shoot less than 50 shots per year. Any advice for hand pumping? And as far as cleaning the barrel, do I need to use special cleaning solvents or flip the gun upside down when cleaning? I don't want to ruin anything.

Reactions: Chief Ten-Beers
giphy.gif

I'm looking to get my first pcp. This gun will be solely for pest control. 35 yards max rabbits and chipmunks. I want a PCP because I am hesitant to mount my sightmark wraith nightvision scope on my break barrel. I'm leaning towards a umarex notos. For the price are there any other guns I should consider? I also plan on hand pumping as I plan to shoot less than 50 shots per year. Any advice for hand pumping? And as far as cleaning the barrel, do I need to use special cleaning solvents or flip the gun upside down when cleaning? I don't want to ruin anything.
Sounds like you need a utility airgun and I would suggest an Air Force because they are extremely reliable don't require a whole lot of maintenance, no regulator so they are predictable on the first shot. Maybe a Talon P in .22 or .25 because it has a small tank and is quite easy to hand pump compared to the larger condor tanks. Very simple single shot operation, no magazines or semi auto mechanism to get funky. I have a condor I haven't shot in a while because my property is small. It has held air for over a year I can pick that thing up at any time and shoot it

Sounds like you need a utility airgun and I would suggest an Air Force because they are extremely reliable don't require a whole lot of maintenance, no regulator so they are predictable on the first shot. Maybe a Talon P in .22 or .25 because it has a small tank and is quite easy to hand pump compared to the larger condor tanks. Very simple single shot operation, no magazines or semi auto mechanism to get funky. I have a condor I haven't shot in a while because my property is small. It has held air for over a year I can pick that thing up at any time and shoot it
Thanks for the advice. I'm trying to keep things as cheap as possible for the time being. I just saw a couple good reviews about the notos, if something decent can't be had for around that price I will probably stick with my break barrel and .22 LR.

Thanks for the advice. I'm trying to keep things as cheap as possible for the time being. I just saw a couple good reviews about the notos, if something decent can't be had for around that price I will probably stick with my break barrel and .22 LR.
50 shots a year? You really won't benefit from purchasing a 2 grand gun or more?

My favorite pesting gun is my PP750, it is the "little sister" to the Notos. Small discreet and fits into my back back. Personally, for your use I'd purchase the Notos......

The Notos is a 250 Bar Fill, Other rifles in the Price range get more shots, and only require 200 Bar. If using a Hand pump, that may be something to consider?

Reactions: L.Leon and MrP
Given what you are specifically looking for, I wouod recommend this one primarily. Economic, no need for a hand pump, compressor or tank.

If you really want to go the PCP route and don't mind getting a hand pump or compressor, then I would suggest the Umarex Notos. Although if I were you I would get these magazines rather than the original ones.

If for whatever reason you feel that you may need or want to upgrade later on to pest remove or hunt larger animals than I would go for the AirForce talon p like @MrP said since you can modify it to your liking or an Umarex Gauntlet g2.

Reactions: WoodWelder
Hand pumping the Notos is not an issue due to its small reservoir …. And one can also short fill. Fill to 3200 ..
you’ll get 16 great shots on the reg with that short fill
Or as in the case of say a JTS Airacuda, you can do a full charge of 3000, and get well over 50 shots, and get 2 10 shot Metal Magazines that actually function as they should.

Reactions: Perle
if you already have a .22LR, save yourself some cash and buy some CCI subsonic ammo or some of their CB Long or Quiet ammo.

Reactions: JaceSpace1369