AEA Aea megalodon

I made the video. It's one of my favorite airguns out of many after owning and shooting for some time It's just surprising to me from aea the quality durability so far .and a blast to shoot.
@Devink I thought to ask, but thought "people will take that as sarcasm." Since that's the case, I'll take your word for it. You were out there tearing it up!! How far were you shooting at the dirt hill?

• Love
Reactions: Devink
I made the video. It's one of my favorite airguns out of many after owning and shooting for some time It's just surprising to me from aea the quality durability so far .and a blast to shoot.
@Devink The build quality and durability is what I was curious about. Is the pump metal or plastic?

The dirt hills about 25 yards. The farthest I shot was around 55. It's one of those ones I have no regrets putting the $$ into. It'd be a cool introduction to pcps for most beginners It'd be hard to turn away after playing with one of these
This is a big airgun for an intro into PCPs. Kind of expensive to shoot, don't you think? Wouldn't a .22 be a little more suitable for an intro?

For a bigger bore i should have said they start at .35 - 58 cal so yeah the ammo can be more than .22 but still some amazing options $ wise especially the Hornady round balls. The pump part felt a little cheaper than I hoped at first made out of some kind of hard plastics with metal connection. But it's held up great so far after tons of racking.

Reactions: Ezana4CE
Unfortunately not although i really think it could be done !I think it's just a bit underpowered for deer I'd like to try a texan or something along those lines for more like 500FPE

@Devink Underpowered? You'll put a fat hole in a deer with that .50. There's nothing wrong with a Texan, but they aren't absolutely necessary. Do the deer around you look like medium sized elk or something? I hunt in Texas and have been getting it done with less than half of that FPE - legally within 65 yards. I don't hunt feeders from a stand and I haven't hunted from a tree stand yet either.

Last edited:
  • Love
You are 100 percent right it would. I'm in upstate NY so maybe a bit bigger Texas not much Doe 100-150 Bucks get 150-200lbs dressed no problem After quite a bit of testing personally. A texan or something with a long barrel/ more power. Has a better chance of full pass thru as well as some expansion. Just what I'd prefer. The megalodon or something similar would do fine to though

Last edited:
You are 100 percent right it would. I'm in upstate NY so they are bigger than Texas. Doe 100-150 Bucks get 150-200lbs dressed no problem After quite a bit of testing personally. A texan or something with a long barrel/ more power. Has a better chance of full pass thru as well as some expansion. Just what I'd prefer. The megalodon or something similar would do fine to though
@Devink I figured they were larger there. I just looked at New York hunting laws. It doesn't look legal to hunt big game with airguns and air bows. https://dec.ny.gov/things-to-do/hunting/deer-bear/regulations

You are 100 percent right it would. I'm in upstate NY so maybe a bit bigger Texas not much Doe 100-150 Bucks get 150-200lbs dressed no problem After quite a bit of testing personally. A texan or something with a long barrel/ more power. Has a better chance of full pass thru as well as some expansion. Just what I'd prefer. The megalodon or something similar would do fine to though
Wait, we’re allowed to take deer in NY with an Airgun? I thought we were not?! That be awesome!