AEA Semi Auto buyers and owners BEWARE!

Can you do a simple test? Wrap it in a white paper towel and shoot it for awhile and see what the paper catches.
So you don't have one. Take my advice and do not buy one.

Currently it is in a non working order...as all AEAs usually are...
The valve pin broke in half and started firing full auto and then released all the air.
I am waiting for a valve replacement for one month now (!) from AEA Europe.
I was going to send it back for a partial refund but then I had some problems
with the post office and decided to keep it and replace the valve. They are buying
time because my warranty ends in the beginning of the next month...

Terrible airguns and service. Never again!

• Wow
Reactions: Perle and nobody1

The valve pin broke in half and started firing full auto and then released all the air.
with the post office and decided to keep it and replace the valve. They are buying

No, I don't have one but I was considering getting one.
Reading all that, I'll save my money.

Reactions: hgg2k
I can't beleive you are still harping on lead poisoning. A blow back 22 lr SA would give you much more exposier than an air rifle. I was involved in a indoor shooting range design once and I can tell you the more powder the more lead exposier. Has little to do with friction and all to do with flame amount from the ignition of the powder. I shoot a lot. And I have had to be tested on occasion for lead exposier from work I have done. Not once was there concern. You try to come across as an expert and you are not. Whats your reasoning???

Last edited:
This again ? What’s your before and after BLL??
Is this conjecture or do you have proof ?

Sounds to me you are pissed about the valve pin and are just dumping on the aea . Valve pin from Europe ???

Wear your covid mask as I suggested when you brought this subject up like 2 years ago. Copper pellets ..FTL. !!!

Last edited:
This again ? What’s your before and after BLL??
Is this conjecture or do you have proof ?

Sounds to me you are pissed about the valve pin and are just dumping on the aea . Vavle pin from Europe ???

Wear your covid mask as I suggested when you brought this subject up like 2 years ago. Copper pellets ..FTL. !!!

Maybe its better to stay away from airguns for a few months... lol

You can get reinforced aftermarket AEA valve pins on ebay and have them in a few days.

First run of AEA SF/HP .25cal mags will dropping at the beginning of next month. .22/.30cal will be released shortly after followed by extended capacity mags.

20240513_143150.jpg

20240513_143229.jpg

20240512_045116.jpg

I know I'm necroing this dead thread, but something stood out to me while reading over it nobody ever asked what seemed to me to be the most obvious question (to the OP):
How do you know, with such certainty, that what you're even seeing is lead-dust? Did you send it out to have it tested or do you have some type of testing equipment on hand to validate this claim?
I don't know a whole lot but I do know that making a claim about a manufacturer's design causing lead-dust blow-back (into your face) is pretty darn serious!? And should absolutely have some type of scientific data or hard eveidence to corroborate it. just sayin

Reactions: DonEnzone
I recently bought the AEA HP SS .25 air pistol and I have to admit that it is a lot of fun!
Very nice platform and very accurate for such a small barrel.
It has two problems though.

One is major and the other is huge.

The major problem is the magazine. It is pure junk. Cheap plastic, awful construction and badly designed. The spring inside has two extensions (pins), a long one that goes into the rotary wheel and a very short one that goes into the bottom of the magazine. This small one is so sort that after a while it pops up and the magazine stops working. You have to disassemble the magazine and put it back to position, but it will keep doing it because it’s a very bad design. It is also very picky about pellets. The whole construction is very cheap and flimsy.

The second problem that I realized after 100 rounds is huge! Everybody that has used a moderator surely knows that they collect a lot of lead dust inside. The HP and all the other semi autos have a set of baffles inside the shroud and they use the captured air to push back the cocking action in order to load the next pellet automatically. Everybody would have noticed that every time you shoot it, a generous amount of air blows exactly at your face.

This means that after every shot a small amount of very fine lead particulates from the shroud is hitting you right at your face! This dust is hundreds of times more dangerous than handling lead pellets, especially if you inhale it. Lead will be in your bloodstream in a matter of minutes. Carcinogenic and highly neurotoxic.

Buying this air pistol, no matter how fun it is, was a very bad decision unfortunately.
Owners of these semi autos should be aware of this danger which is no fun at all.
If true this is cause for a safety recall

I highly doubt that the air that gets blown in your face is filled with lead particles. The air is stripped at the tip of the barrel INSIDE the shroud. The air that hits your face is just excess air from the chamber as the bolt moves back to chamber another round. Most semi-auto airguns have a small amount of air blasting in the opposite direction. Either through vent holes, or directly from the chamber/breach.

It is something to keep in mind when disassembling the gun and cleaning the baffles and moderator, etc (wear a mask). But while shooting I don't suspect that this will be a health hazard.

As WETW0RK pointed out, unless you can catch some of that air and send it to a lab for testing, there is no reason to think that you're getting blasted with copious amounts of lead.

Last edited:
Reactions: WETW0RK
I recently bought the AEA HP SS .25 air pistol and I have to admit that it is a lot of fun!

The major problem is the magazine. It is pure junk. Cheap plastic, awful construction and badly designed. The spring inside has two extensions (pins), a long one that goes into the rotary wheel and a very short one that goes into the bottom of the magazine. This small one is so sort that after a while it pops up and the magazine stops working. You have to disassemble the magazine and put it back to position, but it will keep doing it because it’s a very bad design. It is also very picky about pellets. The whole construction is very cheap and flimsy.

The second problem that I realized after 100 rounds is huge! Everybody that has used a moderator surely knows that they collect a lot of lead dust inside. The HP and all the other semi autos have a set of baffles inside the shroud and they use the captured air to push back the cocking action in order to load the next pellet automatically. Everybody would have noticed that every time you shoot it, a generous amount of air blows exactly at your face.

This means that after every shot a small amount of very fine lead particulates from the shroud is hitting you right at your face! This dust is hundreds of times more dangerous than handling lead pellets, especially if you inhale it. Lead will be in your bloodstream in a matter of minutes. Carcinogenic and highly neurotoxic.

Buying this air pistol, no matter how fun it is, was a very bad decision unfortunately.
Owners of these semi autos should be aware of this danger which is no fun at all.

Maybe this might help

Just got my AEA hp ss and am wondering how your journey with yours is going. Any advice f Making it the bes it can be.

JEEPERS!!!

Are y'all really arguing how big your Pb is? C'mon guys, we all take calculated risks, chooting a lead pellet down a steel barrel is gunna leave some dust behind, accept it or move on to knitting already!!
And all this time I have just been worrying about all the deple uranium I have been around. From tank hulls to 25mm Bradley round. Not too mention all the burnt lithium batteries I breathed in.