AEA semi-auto does or does NOT cycle with an aftermarket moderator??

I've posted on this forum that I needed this AEA gun as quiet as possible. I've heard it has issues NOT cycling in semi-auto with an aftermarket moderator. Does it or NOT ? Guys that have responded to my posts about this brand of semi-auto havent mentioned issues with their guns that do have DFL mods on them. A couple of guys have but have been a little unclear about what they did other than removing these mods from their guns.

i have a first gen 22 cal. hpss semi auto, that i purchased a adapter/ DFL , & installed a tatsu on , it cycles great & has all of the baffles in the shroud it came with,, on monday 1-3-22 i recieved a new 22 Cal AEA hpss + with a tube air reservoir, ( 1 st gen has a 500 cc metal bottle) that i am thinking about swiping the tatsu & adapter from gen 1 & installing , but it will be a few days, it is 2 degrees right now heading towards 4 minus, ..

This gun cycled well with no issues.

fat boy.1641611972.jpg

i have a first gen 22 cal. hpss semi auto, that i purchased a adapter/ DFL , & installed a tatsu on , it cycles great & has all of the baffles in the shroud it came with,, on monday 1-3-22 i recieved a new 22 Cal AEA hpss + with a tube air reservoir, ( 1 st gen has a 500 cc metal bottle) that i am thinking about swiping the tatsu & adapter from gen 1 & installing , but it will be a few days, it is 2 degrees right now heading towards 4 minus, ..

my feeble mind slipped & i forgot to mention, that i lost one baffel & the first gen would not cycle, another member here gave me one, i installed & cycles fine , then i installed the tatsu, still cycles just fine,,

i called Bin TAC/sig shooter today about using Donny /tatsu on my new Aea Hpss Plus, & he said to try it with the factory baffles & if it works then leave them installed , if not , remove them , it will be a few days before i get a chance to try it , we are in a very cold spell currently.. i am not interested in shooting , only in staying warm , i have to work outside in the weather..

I've posted on this forum that I needed this AEA gun as quiet as possible. I've heard it has issues NOT cycling in semi-auto with an aftermarket moderator. Does it or NOT ? Guys that have responded to my posts about this brand of semi-auto havent mentioned issues with their guns that do have DFL mods on them. A couple of guys have but have been a little unclear about what they did other than removing these mods from their guns.

I had an AEA HPBP Semi Auto .25 cal and it DID NOT CYCLE WITH A DonnyFL Tatsu.

20210617_124655.1642077381.jpg

Not only did it not cycle, it destroyed two magazines because it partially cycled.

Ok, just to followup on my previous response on adding a Ronin(.30) to my new HP SS .25 PLUS. I did that today with its stock baffles in place and it cycled perfectly from approx 3200 psi down to 1900 and it was still cycling when I stopped because I ran out of pellets. Pellets were JSB exact kings. It was way quieter that I expected so really happy at this point.

Yes, this happened to my Bullmaster a few years ago. The semi-auto blow-back system can not support moderators. The valve-less systems are the once that are not effected by a moderator. The blow-back systems uses the excess air to cycle the system after the projectile leave the barrel. The Valveless system cycles before the projectile leaves.

Welcome to the complex semi auto airgun world! That's is why I went back to regular forward cocking. Too complex and less accurate, too many issues with cold weather issues and barrel cleaning.