AEA AEA Zeus 72 cal Optic options

Good evening AGN,
I have a Zeus 72 that I need to put glass on. I’m torn because I would like something I can use for white tail and also my plans are to get the shotgun barrel for it so I would like something that could be used for both shot gun range and out to about 75yarda for deer. Anyone have an optic that fills both roles or am I better off setting it up each time I switch barrel with that specific optic?
Thanks in advance

@Cheplicki You're just the person I had in mind to answer this for him. You'd take a 4x over a 6x for out to 75 yards a .72 caliber rifle? II guess the 6x is too much for a shotgun and an SWFA is too long and heavy for a shotgun.

@SenseiSmash I have't seen anyone use a shotgun barrel on a Zeus. That ought to be interesting. I'm curious about what sort of spread(s) you'll get.

Reactions: SenseiSmash
@Ezana4CE I have this scope on my serpent arms shot gun and it's awesome... Long eye relief so u don't have to worry about doting your eyes and it's really clear for the money.. I could easily take 75 yards shots if it was on a rifle
Which optic are you using on your serpent arms?
Side note this is the 72 Zeus I got off of you. Finally getting around to setting it up

Just go with a good red-dot sight, like the Leopold Freedom RDS or equivalent. There is no need for magnification to get a good clean hit on white tail at distances under 100, and the red dot is plenty bright for shotgun use. It's more important to get that beast of a rifle properly tuned... so every slug goes through the same hole! The AEA Zeus 72 cal can be a troublesome rifle to tune, after testing hundreds of slugs, my best results were uncovered using MR. HP 525gr of pure awesome at 3,650PSI. With a barrel band, and this combination, the rifle will shoot 3-shot single hole groups at ranges out to 75 yards, holes touching at 100. Note: With a 50yard zero, the drop at 100 is a little over 8", your results will vary depending on pressures and barrel length.

IMG_1675.jpeg

IMG_1677.jpeg

AEA Zeus_50yd target.jpg

Last edited: