Affirm denied a bipod purchase at AOA.

I'm irritated with Affirm. AoA has really earned my business. I really wanted an accu-tac F5 and Affirm said no because, they say, that Airguns has the word guns in the name so basically I can pound sand.

I went to eBay just to see if it would work. The vendor was called "The Gun Company" and it worked fine.

I called affirm and said, I'm not buying a gun I'm buying an aluminum stick. She didn't care. Anyway I feel like a turd for not supporting our spot but hopefully this crap can get sorted out.

Sorry to see this. It stinks when businesses decide that they need to police what their customers are buying. Is that what they're in business for? Do they have a badge or something?

I'd tell them to go pound sand with a spoon. They won't ever see a dime of my money.

Cheers,

J~
You know I did something similar way back when. I sold a PVS 14 and PayPal called me and asked what it was for. It was $3000. I said "hookers and blow" they black listed me for like 10 years. And that was when PayPal was the only show in town. Worth it screw them.

You know I did something similar way back when. I sold a PVS 14 and PayPal called me and asked what it was for. It was $3000. I said "hookers and blow" they black listed me for like 10 years. And that was when PayPal was the only show in town. Worth it screw them.
its none of their business "what's it for"

I'm irritated with Affirm. AoA has really earned my business. I really wanted an accu-tac F5 and Affirm said no because, they say, that Airguns has the word guns in the name so basically I can pound sand.

I went to eBay just to see if it would work. The vendor was called "The Gun Company" and it worked fine.

I called affirm and said, I'm not buying a gun I'm buying an aluminum stick. She didn't care. Anyway I feel like a turd for not supporting our spot but hopefully this crap can get sorted out.
I would suggest a different credit card company. Leave them to "their" drama by voting with your dollars/business.

pyramyd has the F5,
and takes affirm :)

i use affirm often,
and have had the exact same thing happen,
frustrating to say the least.
I see Affirm listed as a purchasing option on a lot of different "gun" sites, airgun and otherwise. If they are so anti-gun, why are they even listed as an option? Seems the company would have had some agreement with Affirm to use their service and wouldn't the products being sold have been part of the initial discussion/agreement? If they won't let you buy anything with "gun" in the description, why are they even an option to begin with?

I see Affirm listed as a purchasing option on a lot of different "gun" sites, airgun and otherwise. If they are so anti-gun, why are they even listed as an option? Seems the company would have had some agreement with Affirm to use their service and wouldn't the products being sold have been part of the initial discussion/agreement? If they won't let you buy anything with "gun" in the description, why are they even an option to begin with?
They probably make enough money off the non gun sales that the gun part ain't a priority . Like in the end who are you to them ..lol

"The Thought Police" at work. It is becoming much more common.

Agreed. I think it's a practice that's become all too common. Affirm seems to believe that it has a position that allows it to steer our culture. It's the sort of cultural mission creep that merits a large pushback. Look at what's happened with the exposure of John Deere, Harley Davidson, Tractor Supply and others.

Once they realize that their source of golden eggs is drying up they'll change their tune. If we can make them feel as much fear as the cats, geese, ducks, and children of Springfield, Ohio do, we'll win.

Cheers,

J~

Last edited:
pyramyd has the F5,
and takes affirm :)

i use affirm often,
and have had the exact same thing happen,
frustrating to say the least.
Pyramid doesn't have gun in the name I bet that is why. I didn't think of that and should have because you know the eBay seller is breaking MAP with no overhead. They can't hurt AoA or Pyramid but look at all the smaller shops trying to get a foothold. That's who the eBay guy was hurting. Don't get me wrong I was happy to pay a couple dollars less but seriously it was an experiment to see if it would work.

I didn't know they are fine with other gun stores. But it makes sense because they let me buy the same damn thing on eBay from a seller that wasn't airguns it was just "The Gun Company" so I'm sure you are right. Maybe Affirm won't let me use it just because AoA lists Credova??? Maybe that is the real reason.

Agreed. I think it's a practice that's become all too common. Affirm seems to believe that it has a position that allows it to steer our culture. It's the sort of cultural mission creep that merits a large pushback. Look at what's happened with the exposure of John Deere, Harley Davidson, Tractor Supply and others.

Once they realize that their source of golden eggs is drying up they'll change their tune. If we can make them feel as much fear as the cats, geese, ducks, and children of Springfield, Ohio do, we'll win.

Cheers,

J~
I'm actually totally unaware of the HD, Tractor and John Deere situation. What's that about?

Reactions: Treefrog
Affirm is not the best choice to finance any purchase. Most credit cards provide 2% reward incentive that can be withdrawn as cashback / credit card statement which means, extra 2% off the sale price. Imagine 2% of your annual expenses, returning to your wallet.

-Matt
That's the way to do it. I use my credit card and pay it off every month. The cash back bonuses on mine paid for most of my DRS.