AGT Vixen shooters

Hello georgeb94,

It is a great rifle and you can modify it a bit to your own liking.
Shoots great with jsb 10.34. I sold it a while ago, and now shoots with a Vulcan 3 also a super rifle.

Greetings Cornelis

Kopie van P1120724.jpg

Kopie van P1120723.jpg

Kopie van P1120726.jpg

P1120803.JPG

P1120809.JPG

P1120810.JPG

P1130060.JPG

Attachments

• P1130059.JPG
    P1130059.JPG
    3.3 MB · Views: 6
  • P1130058.JPG
    P1130058.JPG
    3.3 MB · Views: 5
Last edited:
Reactions: georgeb94
Sorry for my bad Englische bud a Picture of my Vixen Short .177

Greetings Cornelis

View attachment 285217

Hello georgeb94,

It is a great rifle and you can modify it a bit to your own liking.
Shoots great with jsb 10.34. I sold it a while ago, and now shoots with a Vulcan 3 also a super rifle.

Greetings Cornelis

View attachment 494193

View attachment 494194

View attachment 494195

View attachment 494196

View attachment 494197

View attachment 494198

View attachment 494199
It looks amazing! Could you tell me what the rail over the shroud is called?

Hope you're enjoying the Vulcan 3! Looks like a great piece of kit.

Screenshot_20240906_102104_Chrome.jpg

Its a Handguard for airsoft 7"

Example:

You can buy them in black or tan for example. on Ebay and in an airsoft shop

drill 3 holes (see photo) and screw them from the inside. as a silencer a Huma 40mm m14x 1.25mm directly on the barrel.

Greetings Cornelis

P1120316.JPG

P1120315.JPG

P1120313.JPG

Its a Handguard for airsoft 7"

Example:

You can buy them in black or tan for example. on Ebay and in an airsoft shop

drill 3 holes (see photo) and screw them from the inside. as a silencer a Huma 40mm m14x 1.25mm directly on the barrel.

Greetings Cornelis

View attachment 494204

View attachment 494206

View attachment 494207
Legend! Thank you my friend!

Reactions: Labwerff
I have the long version in .22. I shoot it in the EBR Speed shoot because of how close the bold handle is to the trigger, and the 12 round magazines. I shoot the speed shoot and the Steel Chainage with it and the only problem I have had is when I try to push my times, I will short stroke the bolt. This will load a pellet but not cock the hammer. ROs will look twice when I hit the target with two shots! The gun is very quite and the RO will often have to tap the timer to record my shots. Our Steel Challenge matches are 100 shots and the Vixen will make it, but I usually refill before the last stage just to be sure.

I have shot it once in a 50 yard benchrest match and I felt I didn't give anything up to my usual BR rifle which is a 1 MOA rifle at that distance.

Ron

Reactions: Shooter22
Well, after all the time, and just out of final curiosity, I finally bought one, a .22 !

What do I think..? For the huge shroud, it's noisy ! And I keep seeing the cylinder blowing up and taking my right cheek with it !!
It's one of only two, non-bullpup rifles in my stash. It's kinda...eh... I don't particularly like it, but I don't dislike it either. Most of it is the sound. I know that quieter shrouds are available, but as far as I know, they all add, unwanted inches to the overall length. Maybe if I do some more shooting with it, I'll grow to accept it.

1728087172514.jpeg

Mike

Reactions: Shooter22
I had Tony de-tune my compact .22 to shoot AA 13 grain Falcons at 590 fps. He machined an insert for the transfer port and this thing is a laser, super quite AND I get >140 shots per fill on the tiny bottle. I use it specifically to hunt pigeons inside barns and it has never let me down. I liked it so much that I bought a back up which I have never done. My buddy hunts with a P-rod wearing a Donny LDC and my stock Vixen is MUCH quieter. The only sound heard is the hammer striking the valve for a small metallic tink sound.

Love the gun! It's my backyard pester with Hades pellets, zero'd at 30 yards. I've also taken it out to a place that I shoot ground squirrels for the property owner. Last time 9 out to 62 yards. I have 7 other pcp's and have bought and sold 10+ over the last 9 years.....mostly on this forum.
I bought this one on this forum and the previous San Francisco owner had it delivered by UBER.

DSC00354.JPG

Well, after all the time, and just out of final curiosity, I finally bought one, a .22 !

What do I think..? For the huge shroud, it's noisy ! And I keep seeing the cylinder blowing up and taking my right cheek with it !!
It's one of only two, non-bullpup rifles in my stash. It's kinda...eh... I don't particularly like it, but I don't dislike it either. Most of it is the sound. I know that quieter shrouds are available, but as far as I know, they all add, unwanted inches to the overall length. Maybe if I do some more shooting with it, I'll grow to accept it.

View attachment 501805

Mike
There are aftermarket replacement shroud kits out there that are much queter, HOWEVER the Shround is far longer than the barrel, So if you remove the shroud (awkward) and get an adapter you can fit a shorty silencer to the Vixen with hardly any extra length.
20241005_144749.jpg

Last edited:
Reactions: Jaxjax
There are aftermarket replacement shroud kits out there that are much queter, HOWEVER the Shround is far longer than the barrel, So if you remove the shroud (awkward) and get an adapter you can fit a shorty silencer to the Vixen with hardly any extra length.View attachment 501894
Yeah, I think that I made that same comment, and added to that about keeping the gun short ! Mine doesn't have the removable air restrictor port. I think that, that was a EU, or lower power country addition.

Also as Jaxjax said, removing the original shroud, and installing a different muffler on the end of the barrel. Yeah, I sort of thought about that, but that's part of the reason that I bought the Viven, the shroud diameter ! (NOT width!).
I dug it out yesterday and removed the shroud, and baffle. Looking to see if there's any modifications that can be done without a total rework. First look, not so much, but will keep looking.
I suppose that, as I've done before, I...could...shorten the barrel, then figure out some arrangement of using a seperate muffler, inside of the original shroud...

I have one idea that might...help some. Will look into that next week.
I'll also take another look at the power level. Since I only shoot little black dots on paper, I don't need it shooting 1000fps. I think I lowered the power back when I got it. Don't recall. All of my other adjustable guns are shooting about 800fps. I'll look and see if dropping 25fps helps some with the sound.

Mike

Any of you boys and or girls that shoot Vixens (or the Vixen Long) out there...

What's your opinion ? While I'm interested in the Vixen (short version), in .22, but both the Vixen and the Vixen Long are basically the same gun, so details from either gun will help.
I don't need the details that I can get from the AGT web site, just your basic thoughts, likes, and dislikes.

Thanks

Mike
My 22 Cal Vixen short is superb, consistantly accurate, massive shot count with 300 bar fill, nice magazines, very well made, Light, Compact, Easy for Americans to derestrict. Its a joy to EDC with or without sling. Mine only has a 25 mm red dot on it but the critters keep falling. I removed the shroud on mine which shortens the gun substantially, slightly offset by fitting a shorty moderator. I sleeved the barrel with a carbon fibre tube, and shortened the hand guard. Mine love AIR ARMS Field 16 grain diabolos and AIR ARMS Field heavy 18 grain diabolos. But will eat most ammo happily enough. Mine shares equal first place with my Brocock Ranger. Being an ex light infantry NCO I'm obssessed with weight saving, I hate anything over 5 1/2 pounds so the Vixen ticks lots of boxes for an EDC rifle.

Reactions: skohl and Jaxjax
How is the barrel removed on the Vixens.?
According to the Schematic there are a couple of grub screws under the front Picatinny riser. NOTE when trying to remove the Shroud from the barrel many people removed the whole thing by removing the barrel from the breach block, then removing the shroud BACKWARDs from breach end by unscrewing the outer shell. This is because the moderator part of the shroud at the front is threadlocked in place and some people have snapped the soft alloy shroud inner baffle piece when trying to unscrew the front part first..

View attachment AGT-Vixen-Exploded-Parts-Diagram-Online.pdf