Air Arms Air Arms Alfa Proj

This is NOT a WTS or WTB post although I am looking in classifieds. My team of youth shoots the Alfa Proj PCP air pistol for competition. Why does it seem that these are so hard to find used? There is the typical new ones for sale but other than 1 or 2 sellers who have an in on major auction sites they are virtually nowhere to be found. We are very fond of these models but I am beginning to wonder are they hard to find because people are holding onto them? Or are they hard to find because they are somewhat outdated. Really having a hard time balancing budget with quality for these kids so open to a comparable or better PCP air pistol without dropping 3K. I think price point is a huge factor for parents and the air world is relativley new to me. Anyways, any insight into Alfa Proj lack of used airguns out there or a potential alternative would be greatly appreciated. the club was originally supplied with Crosman 1701P but those havent been as popular as the Proj. Waiting on the arrival of a Snowpeak to test out as well.

***Again I'm looking for input, suggestions, and information. thanks

Last edited:
Reactions: coastal drifter
Mine sits among the other 10M pistolas and they only gets shot every several years.
It is a simple & unique little AG that shoots rather well. looks cool too !

Think your right that folks who have them, just keep them for there uniqueness and affordability .... similar to the Bakai 46 :unsure:

thumbnail.jpg

I have one myself, and quite like it. It is a fine shooting pistol, and I liked it "as shipped" but it got even better when I eventually added a handed grip (right, in my case).

I got it as it was a low cost entry into the world of 10M pistols and the accuracy they provide to try out informally, and maybe grow with if the bug really held - it did not hold, but I do enjoy working on my shooting with it especially over the winter.

I do think that they probably sell in relatively low volume - at least here in the States - as, for anyone serious about 10M shooting, they will probably want something that at least has a bigger reservoir for more shots. The Alpha has a tiny reservoir (since it is in the grip) of only 27 ccs (I got this fact directly from Air Arms) and thus has a shot count of only about 70, which is too close to the match count for anyone not tightly constrained on budget (who wants to have to refill after sighters to be confident in completing the match?).

Bottom line, I think the initial sales here are not as high as with the other usual 10M guns that have larger reservoirs, and that most people that get one choose to hang on to them. I'm sure some get sold by people that "upgrade" but I bet it is not a huge number - others might just hang onto it to let friends shoot (especially as an ambi gun).

Anyways, that is my theory . . .

One other thing to look into is that a "clone" exists since the gun is made under license for Air Arms - you could look for a "Listone Victor" and see if they are available, as it is the same basic gun but not to AA's standards. I have no direct experience with them, but I have read that they are much cheaper, not as good, but well worth the money.

Last edited:
Hey, if you've still got folks on the team looking for a used Alfa please let me know. I've got one available. I bumped into your thread while checking resale prices, so I thought I'd reach out before I list it here or on eBay. Thx
Your not allowed to sell on the forum yet as you just joined today

Hey, if you've still got folks on the team looking for a used Alfa please let me know. I've got one available. I bumped into your thread while checking resale prices, so I thought I'd reach out before I list it here or on eBay. Thx
Longshot since it's been a couple months, but I'm looking into getting into 10m air pistol, and since I'm new to the forum I can't PM either, but do you still have it by chance, or is it gone?

Mine sits among the other 10M pistolas and they only gets shot every several years.
It is a simple & unique little AG that shoots rather well. looks cool too !

Think your right that folks who have them, just keep them for there uniqueness and affordability .... similar to the Bakai 46 :unsure:

View attachment 473429
I like the black one on the botton. is it a springer? the sight looks good. Any more info on it would be appreciated

Longshot since it's been a couple months, but I'm looking into getting into 10m air pistol, and since I'm new to the forum I can't PM either, but do you still have it by chance, or is it gone?
Hey, thanks for asking. Mine was recently promised to someone at our club. All I’ve got for 10 meter at the moment is an eagle eye for a rifle sight. Sorry I couldn’t help out. Good luck.