Air Arms outsourcing production to India

I caught a clip of someone from Air Arms who was talking about the future of Air Arms and that they are going to use Indian manufacturers.

Is this true?

If this is true, Indian steel is terrible for one, only slightly better than Chinese steel.

Will this mean that Air Arms products will be cheaper to own?

Anyone got any information on this, if I find the clip I will post it.

Reactions: Bandito
Not quite, Air Arms is working with an Indian air rifle manufacturer (Precihole) to produce a replacement rifle for the T200/S200 model, which they are calling the X200. The gun was designed in-house, by Air Arms. But manufacturing in the UK, they cannot achieve the price needed for the X200 model to be competitive in the market, so they needed to find a competent manufacturer in another part of the world. Air Arms is also going to be distributing the Precihole line of airguns in the UK and likely globally.

But the current line of UK produced rifles is not going to be produced anywhere but the UK (aside from the LW barrels of course).

They partnership with these guys

https://www.preciholesports.com/

Where it goes or what is done ???

Maybe you'll see crossbreeding guns or outsourcing?

Prechi has some nice looking stuff . It's not junky

Here ya go

Reactions: Bandito
So....

Just because they can't make the X200 at a price point that meets their needs, then they need to address the issue by going back to the drawing board to see how much simpler the rifle can be made.
They did and decided to outsource to a company that works with lower worker wages and lower cost to operate due to differences in laws for the country. AA will still be making their top lines in England and budget lines will be produced in India. Nothing wrong with having a budget line as long as its clear how and where its made so people can make their own decision on purchasing the product.

I caught a clip of someone from Air Arms who was talking about the future of Air Arms and that they are going to use Indian manufacturers.

Is this true?

If this is true, Indian steel is terrible for one, only slightly better than Chinese steel.

Will this mean that Air Arms products will be cheaper to own?

Anyone got any information on this, if I find the clip I will post it.
Something to note: where a product is produced is not nearly as significant as the degree of consistent quality control employed during manufacturing and prior to distribution. You will note this in many quality "assembled in the USA" products. Then, there is the GK1, which speaks for itself.

Reactions: Vana2
Half the cost of a rifle is in the wooden stock, so if cost is an issue then maybe a polymer stock will be cheaper option.
No its not. 8 years ago when I bought my S510 with walnut stock the rifle was $1250 and you could buy that minelli walnut stock from AA retail for under $400. So Air Arms cost on that minelli stock was probably sub $300. You dont get a budget priced rifle from just changing the stock. Here is a screen shot of the current price for the stock. Its still under $400 on sale and under $450 standard price.
IMG_6259.jpeg

Reactions: Chief Ten-Beers
No its not. 8 years ago when I bought my S510 with walnut stock the rifle was $1250 and you could buy that minelli walnut stock from AA retail for under $400. So Air Arms cost on that minelli stock was probably sub $300. You dont get a budget priced rifle from just changing the stock. Here is a screen shot of the current price for the stock. Its still under $400 on sale and under $450 standard price.
View attachment 484728
Yes it is, posting a cheap discounted itsme doesn' prove a thing. There are many examples that start well above $1,200 that are on sale as alternatives.

I know that the walnut stock I have costs £400 to replace (I have checked) and the cheapest on offer was £350 + VAT.

This is why I advise people with rifles that have walnut (or even other woods) to not ruin the stock with Truoil (a varnish))

A polymer stock for the same rifle is £265.

I know this, I certainly won't be adding any AirArms rifles to my collection.

Something to note: where a product is produced is not nearly as significant as the degree of consistent quality control employed during manufacturing and prior to distribution. You will note this in many quality "assembled in the USA" products. Then, there is the GK1, which speaks for itself.
Anymore I got to take that " made in " with a grain of salt .. more a sales gimmick then a fact today..lol

Yes it is, posting a cheap discounted itsme doesn' prove a thing. There are many examples that start well above $1,200 that are on sale as alternatives.

I know that the walnut stock I have costs £400 to replace (I have checked) and the cheapest on offer was £350 + VAT.

This is why I advise people with rifles that have walnut (or even other woods) to not ruin the stock with Truoil (a varnish))

A polymer stock for the same rifle is £265.

I know this, I certainly won't be adding any AirArms rifles to my collection.
No its not. The stock I showed is not highly discounted its $450 retail and its a factory AA stock made by minelli.
IMG_6260.jpeg

IMG_6261.jpeg

IMG_6262.jpeg

IMG_6263.jpeg

You are wrong. The walnut stocks AA puts on their rifles are not half the cost of the rifle. How many more examples do you need? These are retail prices and still not half the cost. AA will be paying a discounted price for the stocks. If you are paying more than that for a factory AA walnut stock you are getting ripped off.