Air Arms outsourcing production to India

Here you go straight from AA. $360 dollars
IMG_6264.jpeg

Uk sales only ? So there not shipping out side of ? A few places have started that no more out of country shipping ..
Ya seems like some of the stuff isnt shipping directly from the manufacturers outside of the UK. Still plenty of places that have them stateside for the same price. Availability could completely dry up. Hard to say if AA and the other manufacturers in the UK will still offer those parts to vendors here.

I caught a clip of someone from Air Arms who was talking about the future of Air Arms and that they are going to use Indian manufacturers.

Is this true?

If this is true, Indian steel is terrible for one, only slightly better than Chinese steel.

Will this mean that Air Arms products will be cheaper to own?

Anyone got any information on this, if I find the clip I will post it.
India produces absolute garbage. If you're not familiar, check this out. https://m.economictimes.com/news/de...erably-during-trials/articleshow/59257363.cms

Bad move for Air Arms

I like Claire. She grew up in that company. I don't think she is the type of person to sacrifice reputation, or quality, for a few bucks.
I saw this in a short on YT with the owner of AA, that girl / woman
The question for some then seem to be, what color is the future Air Arms airgun's :ROFLMAO:

SRY souldent help myself, smack my wrist if i am naughty
Claire grew up in that company. You don't read a lot of threads complaining about Air Arms quality.

I have two AA airguns (TX200 & S510) and both are well designed and made.

My comment on Air Arms (AA) is that they prefer to stick with a design (forever) making small (mostly cosmetic) changes. The 510 is a dressed up 400.

Making a TX200 in India where labour is cheap (and quality questionable), then calling it an X200 is a prime example of AA milking a design for all it's worth.

I really like my AA's but the airgun world is evolving. When looking for new and innovative (current) technology I have to look to other companies. IMHO, AA is stuck in a rut, and I don't know if they (still) have the engineering expertise to develop a new product.

Just my 2 cents.

Cheers!

My comment on Air Arms (AA) is that they prefer to stick with a design (forever) making small (mostly cosmetic) changes. The 510 is a dressed up 400.

Making a TX200 in India where labour is cheap (and quality questionable), then calling it an X200 is a prime example of AA milking a design for all it's worth.

I really like my AA's but the airgun world is evolving. When looking for new and innovative (current) technology I have to look to other companies. IMHO, AA is stuck in a rut, and I don't know if they (still) have the engineering expertise to develop a new product.

Just my 2 cents.

Cheers!

Maybe you misread something along the way. The TX200 is not being made in any place other than the UK. There is no "other" version of the gun being made in India that has been discussed at this time.

The gun in question is the S200/T200 model, which was made by CZ. CZ discontinued the gun, which required Air Arms to either find or create a replacement. That is what the X200 is. So it's a gun that they designed in house in the UK, being made in India, replacing a gun that was never made in the UK to begin with.

What we don't know just yet, is how good these Precihole guns are and what kind of prices they will reach the US market at (or potentially IF they'll reach the US market). Regardless, we will definitely be seeing the X200 here in the states, so I am taking the wait and see approach before passing any judgement.

While I agree with you on the mostly cosmetic changes comment, don't forget that Air Arms chose to focus on a new Field Target rifle development with the XTi-50 that was released last year. That rifle features a number of innovations and unique design elements. And historically, AA have always taken their time with new models. It's definitely a different approach within the Airgun World, and I think most can/will agree that they'd like to see some new developments focused on the needs of the higher power US market.

Reactions: DeanB
12 or 15 ??? years ago, I had a S410 and loved it.
A year latter, I sold it and purchased a FX Royale, (which I still have).
More recently I decided to price a new S510 Carbine, FAC, with a thumbhole stock.
Special order only, $1700 as I recall, paid upfront, and wait aprox. 8 or 10 or 12 weeks ??? for its arrival.
To this day, I have not seen one in stock, and available in the U.S.
Id love to have another, but in my opinion, there are better options these days.
I hope Air Arms continues with their tradition of fine crafsmanship.
I would also love to see them surprise us, with new, refined, and modern PCP models, that offer more power, and more modular offerings.
Hang in there Air Arms!

Seems like some folks think they have a seat on the AA Board. I'm sure Claire would be very willing to listen to a solution to the manufacturing dilemma that has escaped their consideration. Every company would prefer to do everything domestically, since going offshore introduces a whole host challenges. But they have to compete in a world market. I wouldn't assume that the joint venture rifle will be garbage. Looking at China, some very shoddy stuff has been produced. But, with quality driven oversight, some good things have been produced too. We'll see.

Reactions: Arzrover and DeanB
IMHO something happened at AA post Covid. I have been shooting AA guns for more than 15 years, mostly S510's. They used to be great guns & supply was no issue. Post Covid Pyramyd sold me a broken gun & after a painful 6 month ordeal I came to the conclusion that AA must have suffered the loss of key employees, or their material supply/cost has pushed them into a corner. No other excuse for the terrible quality issues, as well as the poor availability of product. Whenever you look at most of their models on any of the websites: "available for pre-order". Or you get a newsletter: "we've received a few, act fast".
So I decided to never buy AA again. Now this... validation that they can't produce quality guns in sufficient numbers to stay affloat, so they do the overseas thing. Bad juju. I foresee a very troublesome future for AA. You'd think that they would learn from names like BSA & Webley, who couldn't stay true to themselves & figure out a way to keep producing in the UK, instead of going the Turkey route, then later Gamo (BSA). Where are those brands now? Nowhere near the leaders they once were.

Reactions: coastal drifter
Maybe you misread something along the way. The TX200 is not being made in any place other than the UK. There is no "other" version of the gun being made in India that has been discussed at this time.

The gun in question is the S200/T200 model, which was made by CZ. CZ discontinued the gun, which required Air Arms to either find or create a replacement. That is what the X200 is. So it's a gun that they designed in house in the UK, being made in India, replacing a gun that was never made in the UK to begin with.

What we don't know just yet, is how good these Precihole guns are and what kind of prices they will reach the US market at (or potentially IF they'll reach the US market). Regardless, we will definitely be seeing the X200 here in the states, so I am taking the wait and see approach before passing any judgement.

While I agree with you on the mostly cosmetic changes comment, don't forget that Air Arms chose to focus on a new Field Target rifle development with the XTi-50 that was released last year. That rifle features a number of innovations and unique design elements. And historically, AA have always taken their time with new models. It's definitely a different approach within the Airgun World, and I think most can/will agree that they'd like to see some new developments focused on the needs of the higher power US market.
Thanks for the comment! I misread and thought that the X200 was just an Indian made TX200, didn't realize it other roots.

Saw the XTi50 somewhere in passing, not into FT and didn't check it out.

I like AA products and have been waiting to see if they release a more modern sporter type airgun. Nothing yet.

Cheers!

Just my 2 cents.

Cheers!
I understand them sticking with the age old design when it comes to the TX200, after all, what exactly are they going to improve on it?

When it comes to the S510 on the other hand, it really is just a slightly updated S400 and as good as that rifle was it was a design from the 1990’s and unlike springers, PCP’s have been significantly improved since then.

I understand them sticking with the age old design when it comes to the TX200, after all, what exactly are they going to improve on it?

When it comes to the S510 on the other hand, it really is just a slightly updated S400 and as good as that rifle was it was a design from the 1990’s and unlike springers, PCP’s have been significantly improved since then.
Yeah, agree. The TX200 is probably as good as it gets. Like mine alot, wish it was lighter.

I always likes the AA PCPs. Looked at the 500 when it first came out but it lacked a regulator and the Weihrauch magazine system is far superior so I ended up with a HW100 (two of them actually). Kept on looking at the S510 over the years and picked up a walnut .22 FAC Extra recently. The stock didn't fit so I upgraded to the adjustable laminated and all is good. The 510 is old tech but shoots well. Was hoping that AA would release something new.

Cheers!

Yeah, agree. The TX200 is probably as good as it gets. Like mine alot, wish it was lighter.

I always likes the AA PCPs. Looked at the 500 when it first came out but it lacked a regulator and the Weihrauch magazine system is far superior so I ended up with a HW100 (two of them actually). Kept on looking at the S510 over the years and picked up a walnut .22 FAC Extra recently. The stock didn't fit so I upgraded to the adjustable laminated and all is good. The 510 is old tech but shoots well. Was hoping that AA would release something new.

Cheers!
I shot my S410 last weekend for the first time in several months and I was reminded of just how good a rifle it is, but if I didn't already have one and I was buying a new PCP today it wouldn't be anywhere near the top of my wish list. For the $1500 or so that a new one would cost I feel I could do better.