• The AGN App is ready! To compliment this new tech we've assigned the "Threads" Feed & "Dark" Mode. To revert back click HERE.

Air Gun Companies Copying FX?

1. FX airguns have always been made in Sweeden, as far as I know......Not China.
2. Many of the other offerings suggested above, are MORE expensive than a FX.
3. Getting oem parts for an FX has never been difficult or too expensive.
4. Simply examine the top finalist's, of the major long-range events, & see what brands are CONSISTANTLY winning (its almost never Chinese).
5. Continuous Improvement. The 2nd, 3rd, or 4th variation of any product, , is usually better than the 1st. FX is no different.
6. D.I.Y. GUNSMITHS! Years ago, FX airguns were simple, and were always considered top tier. Everything changed with the introduction of the FX Impact. Airguns suddenly became highly "adjustable". At that point in time, suddenly, people that cant even change their own vehicle oil, became gunsmiths overnight, many of which failed miserably! Often, you can simply look back, and see their problem rifle is FAR FROM ORIGINAL! In fact, often the problematic owner has a long history of attempting to squeeze every last FPS out of it, use too heavy of projectiles, modifying oem parts, making their own "special" parts, and/or in some cases, dont even own a chrony! Yet suddenly it becomes the manufactures fault!

Air Nation.JPG

Uck, chatbot. Memory is SO much better but if you went around back when I reckon it is some form of research, kudos.
But, got it correct. Did it mention Tony (Daystate) campaigned it for a year in competition accidently proven it was not nearly as stable a platform as a traditional airgun.

John

Bullpup is tacticool and that seems like the current trend.

John
That's all the reply..

Reactions: Bandito
This is from ChatGPT.

The first airgun company to come up with the bullpup format is generally credited to the British manufacturer Daystate. Daystate released the first commercially available bullpup air rifle, the Daystate Huntsman Bullpup, in the 1980s. This design set a precedent for many other manufacturers to follow, combining the compactness of the bullpup configuration with the precision and power of air rifles.

Did it get it right?
"If you want the right answer on the internet, say the wrong one and someone will correct you."

Congrats on the research, I like being corrected because I don't like going forward being incorrect, thanks!

That being said, In this country, the apparent first contact most of us had with bullpups, was with the Edgun.

Forgotten Weapons should probably do a video on that Daystate, I certainly forgot about it.

1. FX airguns have always been made in Sweeden, as far as I know......Not China.
2. Many of the other offerings suggested above, are MORE expensive than a FX.
3. Getting oem parts for an FX has never been difficult or too expensive.
4. Simply examine the top finalist's, of the major long-range events, & see what brands are CONSISTANTLY winning (its almost never Chinese).
5. Continuous Improvement. The 2nd, 3rd, or 4th variation of any product, , is usually better than the 1st. FX is no different.
6. D.I.Y. GUNSMITHS! Years ago, FX airguns were simple, and were always considered top tier. Everything changed with the introduction of the FX Impact. Airguns suddenly became highly "adjustable". At that point in time, suddenly, people that cant even change their own vehicle oil, became gunsmiths overnight, many of which failed miserably! Often, you can simply look back, and see their problem rifle is FAR FROM ORIGINAL! In fact, often the problematic owner has a long history of attempting to squeeze every last FPS out of it, use too heavy of projectiles, modifying oem parts, making their own "special" parts, and/or in some cases, dont even own a chrony! Yet suddenly it becomes the manufactures fault!

View attachment 472902
That picture is the greatest thing ever and so true 🤣

Where can one find this info on Huntsman bullpup? Cause I can't find anything on it anywhere.
This is all that I was able to locate.

This is all that I was able to locate.

Had I ever seen that monstrosity, I would never even tried a bullpup, ugly & heavy, no thanks🤢

"If you want the right answer on the internet, say the wrong one and someone will correct you."

Congrats on the research, I like being corrected because I don't like going forward being incorrect, thanks!

That being said, In this country, the apparent first contact most of us had with bullpups, was with the Edgun.

Forgotten Weapons should probably do a video on that Daystate, I certainly forgot about it.
Using ChatGPT is hardly a research. :)

Where can one find this info on Huntsman bullpup? Cause I can't find anything on it anywhere.

Don’t hold your breath looking for any meaningful information. I have an old FX Cutlass and while it is basically the same gun as the FX Cyclone there is comparatively little information on the net about it.

Thanks for the Reply's guys : )

MikeVV does have some good points as to a guitar is a guitar....an airgun is an airgun...how can the design really be different. The designs of other airgun manufactures however..DOES look exactly like an FX Impact Bullpup. Imitation is indeed the sincerest form of flattery!!!

The main reason for this question was that I really was just trying to figure out if FX are STILL the top contenders for making "Quality and Reliable" BullPup rifles which is why other companies are copying FX Designs??? Other airgun companies are trying to compete with FX and trying to cash in? BUT.....are their BullPup rifles any good?

Any advices on other great quality Bullpups with less issues down the road? Are there other better BullPups than the FX Impact M3??? Any Advice on the Kalibr or Airmaks Lite BullPups? suggestions? thanks Guys

Mark

Thanks for the Reply's guys : )

MikeVV does have some good points as to a guitar is a guitar....an airgun is an airgun...how can the design really be different. The designs of other airgun manufactures however..DOES look exactly like an FX Impact Bullpup. Imitation is indeed the sincerest form of flattery!!!

The main reason for this question was that I really was just trying to figure out if FX are STILL the top contenders for making "Quality and Reliable" BullPup rifles which is why other companies are copying FX Designs??? Other airgun companies are trying to compete with FX and trying to cash in? BUT.....are their BullPup rifles any good?

Any advices on other great quality Bullpups with less issues down the road? Are there other better BullPups than the FX Impact M3??? Any Advice on the Kalibr or Airmaks Lite BullPups? suggestions? thanks Guys

Mark
I'd take Taipan over FX any day.

Do you just have to have a bottle gun bullpup?

Taipan...
I never cared for the name...
Venomous snake, or a dish at the Chinese restraunt......Or both?
Who cares what it's called, as long as the performance is there.

FX marketing department is 2x as large as their development / acquisition/rebrand department is, with as much time and effort they spend on purely marketing their products.

No such fluff in Taipan, just a very good gun, and if that's what you're after, in a bullpup, you will not be disappointed..

Reactions: bf1956 and Bandito