N/A air gun moderator

Coming from HPA airsoft. A typical gun is 110db. I notice that pcp guns is about the same. Why is most 3d printed moderator has printed baffles and not some sort of foam? I changed from printed baffling to foam in my HPA gun and went from 100db to 64. I noticed lot of videos pcp is dropping only in the 70s. What makes the pcp different,is it the pressure difference?

Reactions: Mike_Lenardon
Coming from HPA airsoft. A typical gun is 110db. I notice that pcp guns is about the same. Why is most 3d printed moderator has printed baffles and not some sort of foam? I changed from printed baffling to foam in my HPA gun and went from 100db to 64. I noticed lot of videos pcp is dropping only in the 70s. What makes the pcp different,is it the pressure difference?

Not allowed to discuss the modification/production of moderators here. Glad you saw improvement with tinkering.

-Matt

Reactions: Kpac
I think foam would not stand the pressure of (especially high caliber) PCP for sure, otherwise we have them on the market :). If you look at DonnyFL designs (and other mods too) they use chambers plus the core is wrapped in felt (or other sound suppressing material). Just baffles are usually used in shrouds where there is not much space. But I'm not a sound suppressor expert, just sharing my POV.

Reactions: psdavidson812
I get what your saying but I didn't modify or produce anything. They was bought that way. Which is legal. So we can't talk about them at all?
Eh you never know. I had a thread shut down that had a video linked that showed in a court of law an airgun was determined to be a deadly weapon basically just like a firearm. Purpose was just so people use the same caution and it was somehow deemed to be talking about self defense use of airguns. 🤷‍♂️