Air pistol suggestions for keeping skills sharp

Good evening, I'm an avid pistol shooter, who in recent months, hasnt been able to practice nearly as much as I would like due to ammo shortages and work schedule. Before covid, I was practicing a lot and did a few semi formal bullseye and free pistol matches. 

I havnt been able to get out to the range this year nearly as much as I like. I usually went twice a week, now its been almost 6 months and I feel like a bird with its wings clipped. 

I was looking into air pistols and came across the crosman 2300s, and it seems to tick all my needs and wants. 

I dont want to jump into pcp air guns due to the higher cost of pistols and the added costs like pumps and tanks, but I wanted something that would be accurate enough to actually challenge me. 

Besides the crosman 2300s having feeding issuss with wad cutter pellets, is there anything else thats a negative to this pistol? Ive also considered an fs6004 chiappa (iirc the model number) but its a little more than I'd like to spend. 

So all in all would the crosman 2300s be a good "first nicer pellet pistol" or are there other gems on the market I havnt seen yet?

The 2300s might be THE most accurate co2 pistol on the market. Another advantage is it’s extreme versatility and availability of aftermarket parts. Longer barrels, side lever breeches, modified valves, power adjusters, and the list goes on. You might get tired of single loading and want a multi shot pistol. No need to buy another pistol! There are multi shot breeches made for the 2300 or custom magazine systems to fit on the existing breech. 
Even if you don’t customize it, you will be satisfied with the IMPECCABLE accuracy and about 50-60 shots per co2 cartridge. 
Another option would be to get a 2300 from the custom Crosman shop. You can choose to have a longer barre than the short barrel on the 2300 and even add a pair of nice wood grips. The weeks long wait is totally worth it IMO. Good luck and if down the line you want to customize it you’ll have a bunch of guys waiting to give you info

..I would consider biting the bullet and getting an Ataman AP16 while they are still available...

...it is a PCP but you can easily pump it up...

...it feels like a "real" gun...it is not prefect but it is excellent and widely considered one of the most engaging pistols on the market...

...there are a few left @ PA and AOA and Krale but they are going fast... 

...that said almost anything will be better than not shooting at all...just get something you like enough to make you want to shoot it, eh... 

...a Crossman 2300/2400 from the custom shop would be an excellent solution IMHO...(I want one) (grin)...it's just then you need to stay supplied with co2 cartridges...

...I have a Beeman P1 that has filled that job for neigh on 20 years now and kilt a truck load of rats as well...being a springer I never need air or co2 but it has been rough on optics...

...it was my go to until the AP16 came along recently...I don't think it will serve with no service beyond basic maintenance for 20 years but we will try to test that...

...probably do not have 20 years left though...LoL...

Have a look at the Weihrauch HW75 single stroke pneumatic. Shoots .177 7.3 grain pellets around 400 fps, no CO2 cartridges, nice 2 stage trigger and molded grip. You can shoot open sights or put on a red dot or scope. Relatively quiet also.

...easier said than done...LoL...

...here is a refurb @ $300...

...Weihrauch makes the "Beeman" P1...

https://www.pyramydair.com/s/m/Weihrauch_HW_75/46#4922

No neg's to the 2300s aside from their cost above the 2240. I can't say I have heard of any loading issues, unless some folks are referring to the front location breech screw recess causing the pellet to tip on the way in. All of my 22xx's are .22's and no problem at all.

If you build a 2300 in the online Crosman shop on a Friday I think you get free shipping, also might be able to take advantage to the AGNATION discount.

...I am surprised no one mentioned the Baikal 46M...just good luck finding one...

DSCN1232.jpg

Hi there! I was an avid airgunner myself, but I used a rifle. The closest air rifle range was 2.5 hours away, so I often found myself dryfiring in my house. I had a room that was standard length for air rifle competition, and set up a target on one wall. No shots were ever fired, but it was a great way to keep in shape and practice without having to go to the range.

I understand completely. I find that the Beeman P1 (HW45) with its ample feedback is more satisfying to shoot than the recoilless P3 (HW40). The latter would be a good choice if you wanted to shoot scoped and practice the taco hold. Back to the P1, it's accurate, has plenty of power especially for metal spinners or NRA 1/10th scaled down metallic silhoettes, and for plinking at longer distances (can sized targets or empty pellet tins at 25-30 yards). The trigger will spoil you especially when properly adjusted. I have a Burris Fast Fire III 3 MOA dot on my P1 Santa Rosa .177 and its an awesome combination.

8430AF58-4D0C-4767-AD9E-BB587CEDC866.1600037769.jpeg
9A9314E6-4A87-4632-9DBF-01429056CF42.1600037770.jpeg

Ouch, target of opportunity. 

99A6936D-89A0-462A-AEEE-3DB779689F5C.1600037773.jpeg

Do look at the Crosman Custom shop also. A 2300KT w/10" Lothar Walther long steel breech Williams notch or peep sight & standard grips (and engraving if that's you) for $203. Subtract $60 is skipping sights for a scope. But, yes as issued they do tend to shoot well.

I understand the no pcp and $$ thing but......... $50.00 pump is a value and they work great. So the Crosman 1701P , easy to pump and will truly hit a Fly at 50 yards every time (rub bacon on target). 

Keep us posted.

John