Air Rifle Coyote

Just started in with my Fall coyote calling. Was out early near home calling some old burn areas in Oregon's high Cascades.

Was using a combination of howl, fight and pup distress sounds. After about 20-mins of calling I finally heard some coyotes howl back from a long ways away! I thought, "they are at least a mile away and probably won't come from that far". About 5-mins more passed and the coyotes howled again but sounded much closer! I knew then they were coming and prepared for their arrival! About another 5-mins and I saw one of the yotes coming in hard from my left at about 200yds!

The first coyote arrived but was about 100yds out which is father than I choose to shoot with an airgun at coyotes. The second coyote arrived seconds later and it was the larger male! He was about 80yds out and heading toward my downwind! I made quiet rodent distress sounds with my lips to stop him! When he stopped I got my hold-over with the reticle and was about to take the shot! Right then the big male looked over his shoulder at the other coyote and I had the shot right behind his ear into the back of the brain!

Instantly, the big 'dog' yote fell over and never even twitched! 'Stone' dead instantly! The 44gr H&N slug fired at 915fps had hammered the coyote's 'off-switch' and he was dead before he even hit the ground!

Was a very memorable experience the way it all unfolded and one I won't soon forget.

Uragan 2 700 .25 with a beautiful high country timber coyote

I was sitting with my back against the old log where my rifle is leaning but on the opposite side. Coyote was shot where the little orange spot is that I added to the photo.