Air Tanks for Sale pressure guage

I have a 7 year old tank I got from Air tanks for sale it leaks slightly at the fill gauge which hasn’t worked properly in years . Luckily it has a second gauge so I know what’s in the tank. I just want to pull the gauge and put a plug in as I worry that the leak will get worse as it only leaks when filling rifle it’s no big deal. I tried a 1/8 npt plug but it’s not the right size it’s slightly too large. I contacted Them for the info but I don’t know how long it will take , so Can someone tell what the gauge thread size is on the tanks from Joe Brancato when his com was called air tanks for sale. Thanks

I might shy away from Teflon Tape as it can/will leave small shards inside the threaded surfaces (unless you are extremely careful).
It doesn't take much to plug the very small orifices within the not only the gauge, but also the interworking's of the tubing within the rifle itself.
Many here use the silicon lubricated 'X' rings and don't over-tighten as already suggested.
Just my 2¢ anyway.

mike

Reactions: HogKiller
The gauge itself is screwed up the tank fell over on the gauge and the dial it not parallel with the glass it reads about 300 psi too low it’s shot I can’t see spending $75 for a replacement especially when all I need is a plug as I have another gauge on the tank for seeing tank pressure this bad gauge was just for pressure when filling rifle I use the rifle gauge to check that
IMG_0224.jpeg

That gauge has a 1/4 NPT thread. It probably just needs to be removed and fresh teflon tape applied. If the gauge is defective (doubtful) you can get a quality replacement gauge from Directmaterial.com. The PB254B-K05 gauge is $10.44 plus shipping. They are my go to gauge company. Here's the link:

Reactions: HogKiller
It’s definitely not a 1/4 npt even a 1/8 npt is too large it pro a metric size. I’m still waiting for Joe’s team to reply to email I sent on Saturday maybe they are off on weekends but hopefully I hear from them soon.
I've got that same valve set so I know it's 1/4 NPT. The smaller gauge is 1/8 NPT. I replaced the smaller inaccurate tank pressure gauge with a higher quality gauge from Directmaterial.com. NPT gauges are tapered. That's why they will seal with teflon tape. Metric threaded gauges are parallel threaded and seal with either a dowty washer or a delrin seal at the base.

U
I've got that same valve set so I know it's 1/4 NPT. The smaller gauge is 1/8 NPT. I replaced the smaller inaccurate tank pressure gauge with a higher quality gauge from Directmaterial.com. NPT gauges are tapered. That's why they will seal with teflon tape. Metric threaded gauges are parallel threaded and seal with either a dowty washer or a delrin seal at the base.

Apparently over the years they used different size gauges I measured the diameter of the thread on my defective gauge it measures about 9.65 mm in diameter 1/4 npt measures .533 inches or 13.538mm. It’s definitely not 1/4 npt.

Grackleblast is helping me out he has a gauge that should fit that he is sending to me. THANK YOU Herb

IMG_0231.jpeg

I see what you mean. It's not the same as mine. It looks similar to 10mm fittings I have. It is also parallel threaded so the tape doesn't seal it. Was there a delrin disk in the valve housing? There should be. Also, just because it got dented and is off center really doesn't necessarily mean that is what caused the leak. You can gently bend the gauge while it's threaded in the valve in the opposite direction of where it's out of square to get it square again. The best way to find a leak is pressurizing the line and brush the base with soapy water. You may just need a new delrin disk in the valve's female threaded base.

Last edited:
Positive on the Delvin seali didn’t pull it but I could see it. The face of the gauge is touching the glass on on side from 8 o’clock to 1 o’clock I don’t see a way of bending it bake unless I go through the oil filler port which looks like it’s plastic or rubber. If I reverse try to bend it I may break it. I may just look to plug it as the gauge is only used to double check the pressure on the guns gauge. I have a second smaller gauge for monitoring the air pressure in tank

It’s definitely not a 1/4 npt even a 1/8 npt is too large it pro a metric size. I’m still waiting for Joe’s team to reply to email I sent on Saturday maybe they are off on weekends but hopefully I hear from them soon.
It could be a British size, I want to say BSP 1/8, they are slightly different. They are REALLY close to NPT but....not the same....obviously. I've had a great conversation with them at Airtanks, just call them up. They have a killer ground squirrel setup, literally and figuratively.