Air Venturi 4500 psi compressor issue

Doc, I didn't catch it if you did or didn't check the two check valves in the system. The first being in the top of the low pressure cylinder head and the second one that is in the bottom of the filter housing where the high pressure tube connects. There is a green oring seal on that one. The first one is just a white hard plastic of some sort. I can tell you the first stage puts out about 400psi by itself. 

Jking

Hi JKing,

I sure did and replaced the o-rings and check valve and cleaned up all surfaces etc...

Pyramyd is looking into a set of piston rings for me as well as the pressure seals....I was told they offer a piston complete with rings and rod with seals so will order that so can just pop it in.....Have the gaskets set etc. so will replace the head gasket on the high side and hopefully I got more than 12 hours out of it this time....

Guys can't thank you enough for the help and advice!!! I am NOT mechanically inclined in any sense of the word but you guys sure make it easy!!

Speaking of mechanically inclined got my new "play" truck back!! 77 F250 rebuilt 400 big block, 4 speed with granny low, Dana lockers!! Will pull the house off the foundation if I wanted it to!!

1597001301_11087283535f304e55433fd3.14574847.jpg

Hi JKing,

I sure did and replaced the o-rings and check valve and cleaned up all surfaces etc...

Pyramyd is looking into a set of piston rings for me as well as the pressure seals....I was told they offer a piston complete with rings and rod with seals so will order that so can just pop it in.....Have the gaskets set etc. so will replace the head gasket on the high side and hopefully I got more than 12 hours out of it this time....

Guys can't thank you enough for the help and advice!!! I am NOT mechanically inclined in any sense of the word but you guys sure make it easy!!

Speaking of mechanically inclined got my new "play" truck back!! 77 F250 rebuilt 400 big block, 4 speed with granny low, Dana lockers!! Will pull the house off the foundation if I wanted it to!!

1597001301_11087283535f304e55433fd3.14574847.jpg

Well, not really that easy, I believe the screw that holds the small high pressure piston in place has to be removed from the inside of the larger piston, part number 29 which you can only access by removing the front cover off the crank housing yadayada.... 

BTW Doc, I have a lot of photos on how to replace the seals and other schematics as well. 

1597084202_7377320165f31922aa7a6e9.42106249.PNG

It sounds like you have a blockage somewhere in the system if the pump pushes water but it's not circulating. Are you sure that everything was reinstalled as before? I'd disconnect the hoses to the two cylinders then use an air compressor to see if air flows easily through the cylinders. It's either reassembled incorrectly or there is debris blocking the water flow somewhere. Check the water path through the cylinder jackets. You can blow through a hose connected to one end of the cylinder with the other end disconnected from the hose to check. You could also use a shop compressor with an air cleaning attachment blowing through a water line with the other end disconnected.

Yo, could you stop spamming op's thread with your useless crap, my mom once said, if you dont have shyt to say that is helpful to others. Don't say it.

To op. The first thing to look for when its not building pressure is leaks. Even the smallest leak will prevent it from building pressure. Check all lines. Turn the compressor on and stop it. Listen to hissing. Look at the guage. Is pressure dropping? If there is no leaks and pressure doesn't drop. It can be the high piston rings. You have to take the cylinder heads and replace the high piston rings. It should come in a kit with the compressor.

The av compressor aint bad. I have the hatsan lighting which is basically the same compressor for 2 years and its still running fine. All compressor will have a problem with it, doesn't make it bad. Even a $2000 daystate have issues with it too.

The hide member button works great !