Air Venturi Air Venturi Avenger .22cal Low Power Tuning Questions

Hello everyone,

I have watched a number of videos about tuning the Air Venturi Avenger .22cal down to a “hand pump” level. I will not hand pump but I am looking for the best lower Pressure and FPS and achieve maxim number of shots on a tube fill of just 3,000 psi.

One video advised to set the Regulator Pressure at 1,200 psi and another at 1,400 psi. I could not get my regulator to set at 1,200 no matter how many times I tried. The regulator screw is just way too sensitive, but I was able to set at 1,400 psi.

Here is what I now have my settings:
Regulator = 1,400psi
Hammer Spring = approximately 3/4 turn open (cw) from fully closed (ccw)
FPS average over 10-shots = 846
Using JSB Jumbo 15.89gr pellets
FPE = 25.25
Received 4-mags ( 40 shots ) from 3,000 fill down to 2,000 which leaves me a 600 psi cushion of reserve air :D.

Much needed rain here so cannot test accuracy at 10-Meters outdoors, but indoors at 15-feet I can stack 10 pellets.

Would like to hear from anybody that has tuned their Avenger for the “low” power setting and what numbers they have achieved.

Thanks and have a great day,
ThomasT

Maybe ask wes at agaf what's changed in the 500 fps Canada vs full power USA guns .. maybe a simple port change / part swap to get it way down to indoor / 10 m shooting levels . ??
Hello @Hateful McNasty

That is a good suggestion and I will contact him.

Thanks and have a safe and great holiday weekend.
ThomasT

Reactions: Hateful McNasty
If you want to take it down lower, measure the Belleville washers and order a bag of thinner ones. The regulator will perform more consistently if the Bellevilles are operating somewhere nearer the middle of their range rather than the bottom end (i.e. where it is now).

The calculations are pretty simple. If you decide to go this route, I'll be glad to run the numbers. Just need the dimensions of the OEM Bellevilles (ID, OD, thickness) and the diameter of each end of the piston.

• Love
Reactions: ThomasT
If you want to take it down lower, measure the Belleville washers and order a bag of thinner ones. The regulator will perform more consistently if the Bellevilles are operating somewhere nearer the middle of their range rather than the bottom end (i.e. where it is now).

The calculations are pretty simple. If you decide to go this route, I'll be glad to run the numbers. Just need the dimensions of the OEM Bellevilles (ID, OD, thickness) and the diameter of each end of the piston.
Hello @nervoustrig

Thank you, however I have no idea where and what the Belleville washers are :unsure:. Sounds like more than I can attempt to work on.

Have a great weekend,
ThomasT

the bellville washers are inside the regulator. Their orientation can also change how the reg responds and such. That would be an easy thing to play with really. Take the reg out, take note of the stack orientation and adjust from there. FX users do this frequently and maybe you can use that as a guide.
This method was also big with Gauntlet users so there is plenty of info out there on this general subject. It may help you achieve lower reg pressures.

• Love
Reactions: ThomasT