Tuning Air Venturi Avenger upgrade/mod help

Yes I went to 5.9mm with the stock poppet. I would be interested to see the results of a custom poppet and 7mm port. Though I wonder if the transfer and barrel port will be able to flow the same. I believe 90 FPE may be achievable however it's possible a heavier hammer may be needed. Just speculation though.
You are loosing a little area because of the 3mm pin so without calculations I think this would make it close to the 6.35mm (1/4") that I drill the transfer port and barrel port to. The peek actually needs less force to open it because the pressure doesn't deform it when sealed. 90's wod be awesome.

You are loosing a little area because of the 3mm pin so without calculations I think this would make it close to the 6.35mm (1/4") that I drill the transfer port and barrel port to. The peek actually needs less force to open it because the pressure doesn't deform it when sealed. 90's wod be awesome.
I was kinda thinking the same thing. I really think however the barrel could be the key to unlocking more energy. But alas I just ordered a .30 FX Maverick so my search for power should be met soon lol.

Reactions: Reidy
Custom 3 groove barrels designed by Troy Hammer and manufactured by TJ's are available in any length you want. He sells blanks or drop in. .22 only.
The very first 5 shot group I shot with mine after installing it. 51 yards 17.5 NSA 2.165" 950 fps 24" barrel nothing else modified.
1670194073234.png

I was kinda thinking the same thing. I really think however the barrel could be the key to unlocking more energy. But alas I just ordered a .30 FX Maverick so my search for power should be met soon lol.
If you make your own poppets you can drill the valve housing and press a bushing in for a 2mm poppet shaft.

Custom 3 groove barrels designed by Troy Hammer and manufactured by TJ's are available in any length you want. He sells blanks or drop in. .22 only.
The very first 5 shot group I shot with mine after installing it. 51 yards 17.5 NSA 2.165" 950 fps 24" barrel nothing else modified.
View attachment 310939
Yeah I ordered .25 cal at 28 inches. I think I can make 27" or so fit so want to have it long enough to start with.

The oem size is 11mm so you'll need to turn it full length if you want to use the shroud or make new end caps for the shroud. When you find a machinist tell him not to drill all the dimples as deep as the originals and be sure to blunt any pointed tips on your grub screws. Over tightening pointed ones can push a dimple into the bore. The dimple at the shroud spacer is unnecessary so I'd leave that one off.

Reactions: Reidy
The oem size is 11mm so you'll need to turn it full length if you want to use the shroud or make new end caps for the shroud. When you find a machinist tell him not to drill all the dimples as deep as the originals and be sure to blunt any pointed tips on your grub screws. Over tightening pointed ones can push a dimple into the bore. The dimple at the shroud spacer is unnecessary so I'd leave that one off.
I do this. Those points and factory heavy handedness is ruining many barrels. I feel very fortunate that my .25 isn't dimpled. I immediately took the points off the screws to be sure I don't need mess it up myself.

Dang boys 80+fpe!

Im just trying to increase shot count at about ~30fpe with 22 cal Hades. Maybe a little faster if they are accurate. Sounds like I can do that with ease =)
80fpe is for the .25 you can get in the 50's with the .22. Not hears of anyone breaking the 60's yet but it wouldn't surprise me if someone has .

Im only gonna turn it down for receiver and adapter as I don't intend on using the stock shroud spacer Im gonna put a carbon sleeve on rest of it and use o rings to center the barrel to shroud.

No need to weight it when you can literally see / measure how much you squirted in with a syringe.

I use 7075 and 1-1/4" for my 25cc plenums. 3/4" for the initial main volume bore then counter bore with a HSS tool I made. Rounded on the back side that comes up towards the plug and pointed on the leading edge. I cut bevels in the front side of the bores to lead into the smaller bores. You do have to be careful on how thin you get the walls.

I do all this in the lathe.
I got most of it done I haven’t done my Final Cut on the internal bore yet but I got the rest done. The long one was just for testing to make sure the ends sealed properly and it worked great. I also used 7075 and 1 1/4 shaft stock the total length of the part is 4 1/4 long.

D5F46CC4-CFB6-47DE-BC18-2B79040B051B.jpeg

874FE54F-D042-4F29-9959-8B825BCA5CBA.jpeg

I got most of it done I haven’t done my Final Cut on the internal bore yet but I got the rest done. The long one was just for testing to make sure the ends sealed properly and it worked great. I also used 7075 and 1 1/4 shaft stock the total length of the part is 4 1/4 long.

You only need the first seal on the internal neck but if the outer one works for you then 👍 That thing will be huge when you bore it out! Definitely need to open up your ports and valve to fully take advantage of it.