• The AGN App is ready! To compliment this new tech we've assigned the "Threads" Feed & "Dark" Mode. To revert back click HERE.

Airforce Body Count!

A thank you to @gendoc for this amazing airforce. I've done plenty of pesting with single shot with my old leshiy classic. I did not think that I would have this kind of success with an airforce though.

The gun arrived to me super well packaged and when I took all the parts out of the bag it looked practically unused. I honestly thought he bought it and never took it out of the box, I also thought this because we traded rifles last year, huben .25 for his vulcan .25.

Anyway, I put the gun together and top it off with my LH arked 6-24x50. In the morning I get it sighted in at about 23yrds with the new 30gr slugs that Dale (Varmint Knocker) makes. Initially they were grouping half an inch, but the more I shot them the better they grouped, so I called it good. Fast foward 5 hours of iguana removal at various properties, I head to one of our golf courses to take a gentleman out on a hunt with my partner.

We displayed our options of pcps for him to choose.

VULCAN 3 .25
GK1 .22
FX IMPACT MK3 .25
FX DREAMLINE .22
AIRFORCE TALON P .25

He picks up the TalonP and doesn't even eant to try any of the other ones. I let him know that it's a single shot pcp, so as long as he doesnt mind having to reach for another round or being given rounds as he shoots he'll be good. He says he doesn't mind that at all and prefers the look of it, he also said the eye relief was set up perfect for him with that gun so he got to use it for the whole trip. My partner chose the dreamline and I stuck with my trustee GK1.

This Airforce Talon P surprised me to say the least...not just the gun itself but also the ammo that I got from Varmint Knockers. He out down 43 iguanas, we were only able to recover 36, BUT 43 iguanas were put down in just 3 hours. By a gentleman who has never shot pcps with a single shot. I am thoroughly impressed with this rig, thanks again @gendoc !!

20240621_170215.jpg

20240621_170639.jpg

20240621_170813.jpg

A thank you to @gendoc for this amazing airforce. I've done plenty of pesting with single shot with my old leshiy classic. I did not think that I would have this kind of success with an airforce though.

The gun arrived to me super well packaged and when I took all the parts out of the bag it looked practically unused. I honestly thought he bought it and never took it out of the box, I also thought this because we traded rifles last year, huben .25 for his vulcan .25.

Anyway, I put the gun together and top it off with my LH arked 6-24x50. In the morning I get it sighted in at about 23yrds with the new 30gr slugs that Dale (Varmint Knocker) makes. Initially they were grouping half an inch, but the more I shot them the better they grouped, so I called it good. Fast foward 5 hours of iguana removal at various properties, I head to one of our golf courses to take a gentleman out on a hunt with my partner.

We displayed our options of pcps for him to choose.

VULCAN 3 .25
GK1 .22
FX IMPACT MK3 .25
FX DREAMLINE .22
AIRFORCE TALON P .25

He picks up the TalonP and doesn't even eant to try any of the other ones. I let him know that it's a single shot pcp, so as long as he doesnt mind having to reach for another round or being given rounds as he shoots he'll be good. He says he doesn't mind that at all and prefers the look of it, he also said the eye relief was set up perfect for him with that gun so he got to use it for the whole trip. My partner chose the dreamline and I stuck with my trustee GK1.

This Airforce Talon P surprised me to say the least...not just the gun itself but also the ammo that I got from Varmint Knockers. He out down 43 iguanas, we were only able to recover 36, BUT 43 iguanas were put down in just 3 hours. By a gentleman who has never shot pcps with a single shot. I am thoroughly impressed with this rig, thanks again @gendoc !!

View attachment 474252

View attachment 474253

View attachment 474254
As hunting PCPs, they are considered top-notch. From small to large game, they are the most commonly used. I own a .308; the single-shot mechanism has never posed an issue.

Reactions: JaceSpace1369
As hunting PCPs, they are considered top-notch. From small to large game, they are the most commonly used. I own a .308; the single-shot mechanism has never posed an issue.
My initial thought process on these guns were that they were great for large game/small game hunting due to not I having to shoot a lot, and because they always advertised 1in groups at 50yd. For pest removal of iguanas this just seemed impractical and unethical. But I was clearly proven wrong with this platform. It's not my first airforce, I had a .177 talonss but I couldn't get it to group well with the slugs I wanted, and I had a talon tunes condor .30 that was good on power, but was too long and bulky. It looked like I was walking around with an rpg lol.

Reactions: gendoc