Airforce Airforce Texan .457 top hat o-ring keeps breaking off every couple of shots

Hello All,

This will be my first post as I just joined the ranks here , and I was hoping I can pick some.., if not all of your brains... on some good intel as to why my Top Hat o-ring keep sheering off every few shots?.

So, I have the Airforce Texan .457 heavily modified.. w/the latest AAO equipment,(valve, hammer, spring etc for max performance) that I've been using all of his upgrades for well over 8 years now without issue. I have Thousands of rounds through it, but the gun seems to really like the NSA 350 HPBT's and really Love!... the Zan 380 HPBT..
Anyway, I can also get around pretty well, and am extremely familiar with this rifle... but, seem to have run into this snag of having my gun do this issue fairly recently.....since I started shooting it again.
I'm thinking that possibly that the breech seal could be gone? , or maybe that the hammer may not be striking true to the hat due to an alignment issue, and sheering the ring if that's the case?
Anyway, all of your help would be greatly appreciated, and curious if anyone else has ever encountered this issue, as it's been a while since I shot this gun and maybe just missing a very obvious fix without having to pull her apart.... Cheers and thanks!!

Watching this post
Actually I found the issue...

I'm running a Maddog stock on my AFT 45, and was running a 500cc Acecare CF tank , which is around 12-1/2" from flat to round ends of the tank.
It seems to stick out past the butt of the rifle around 1" along with the butt pad.. so when taking shots, as I pulled into the gun, changing my posture recently.... my shoulder grazed the tank enough for my entire tank and valve to move ever so slightly on shots,,... sheering off the rings....
The Acecare 500cc with a new 2024 AAO MOAV valve on a my Maddog is 16-1/2" in it's entirety..
So I plan on sacrificing the 500cc for a 480cc from "Joe Brancato- TopGun Airguns" (which comes to 10-1/2 and will now lay inside on top of the bed of the Stock... Phew.... had my grey matter spinning on this.... But anyway , thank you for keepin an eye out regardless,.. stay safe and happy shooting:cool:(y)

Reactions: Bowhunter73