N/A Airgun Regulations in Mexico

Status
Not open for further replies.
Beginning this 09/18/2024 Mexico has have issued a law that regulates all air rifles larger than 22 caliber and the so-called big bore, this according to the security agencies since they want to prevent them from being used to avoid crime, I think that sooner or later they will also be in the USA.
This is in discussion at the Congress, but not an approved law yet.

What this initiative says is that PCP's with caliber bigger than .22 are alike fire arms, somthey need a permission in order to be transport to hunting/range places.

Reactions: Billions
Beginning this 09/18/2024 Mexico has have issued a law that regulates all air rifles larger than 22 caliber and the so-called big bore, this according to the security agencies since they want to prevent them from being used to avoid crime, I think that sooner or later they will also be in the USA.
You're undoubtedly right and I'm sure we'll first see these kinds of laws at the state and local level, but I don't think we should do a damn thing to try and pacify these people. They don't like the fact that we're armed period and they won't stop by banning big bores or full-autos. In parts of Australia they have actually banned gel blasters. That's right, glorified squirt guns are items far too dangerous to trust the citizenry of Australia with. There is simply a puritanical element of the left that thinks that any armament or simulated armament of any kind should be banned for civilians and we shouldn't give in to them because there is absolutely nothing to gain by doing so.

Reactions: Dr. Kralenstein
You're undoubtedly right and I'm sure we'll first see these kinds of laws at the state and local level, but I don't think we should do a damn thing to try and pacify these people. They don't like the fact that we're armed period and they won't stop by banning big bores or full-autos. In parts of Australia they have actually banned gel blasters. That's right, glorified squirt guns are items far too dangerous to trust the citizenry of Australia with. There is simply a puritanical element of the left that thinks that any armament or simulated armament of any kind should be banned for civilians and we shouldn't give in to them because there is absolutely nothing to gain by doing so.
Plenty to lose if we do give in though.

Status
Not open for further replies.