Airgun Royal Thunder anyone?

The other day I was checking Talon Tunes and I ran into this gun.

https://talontunes.com/shop/airgun-royal-thunder-22/

Looks interesting to me coming from a Taipan Veteran. This gun looks a lot like a Veteran with a forward cocking lever. 

Coming from the Czech republic I'll assume the quality will be on par with the big bullpups we all know.

It also has a high capacity magazine. 15 shots in .22 and 13 in .25 sweet.

It looks really interesting to me but I haven't seen this gun out there yet.

Anyone has one??!

I bought the Airgun Royal Thunder seeing that they are affiliated with Taipan. The verbiage in their adverts heavily speak on the Taipan’s positive attributes; one being the trigger.

With all those hopes of it being an upgraded Veteran with forward biathlon switchable cocking, I got one coming. As it arrived, I quickly learned that the trigger was totally different. More of a Kalibrgun style but not near as good!! The cocking was not smooth at all. Unlike Vulcan & Uragán which is velvet like/buttery smooth, the Thunder is like actuating a cheap car jack while preparing to change a flat tire. Flat tire is a good analogy of what happened to my high hopes for the Thunder! The whole cocked indicator thing, isn’t what I hoped for either. The mags are nice but changing them isn’t as quick as I hoped it would be. You see, I wanted to use this gun in EBR Speed Silhouette and it was too clunky for this. 

I didn’t even scope the gun or shoot it on target. I did shoot it over the chrony and the reg worked great. It had good power and could have been lights-out accurate. I decided to box it back up and go a different route.

Does the Thunder have potential, yes. The trigger, for me, really was a downer. I was able to get a light one stage trigger that I could have lived with if I had to. It’s their first offering and it can improve. 

Reactions: Ezana4CE