Airgun shooting for people with PTSD

Hello, I run a small airgun sales place and I am veteran myself. I personally know several veta with PTSD who used to enjoy guns but not so much anymore. I don't really want to directly ask them because that kind of thing can be a touchy subject. I was wondering if I should try to contact my local range and kind of host a day where I take a good bit of stock there and just let vets shoot for free. I think a lot of people out there that struggle miss shooting but don't trust themselves around firearms. I am thinking PCPs would be a way to get them enjoying shooting again without having the firearm struggles.

My only comment is that if it looks like a rifle or pistol (Look at how the industry tries to make air rifles and pistols look like powder burners) then to someone with PTSD would have the same reaction as a powder burner. They need to deal with WHY a rifle or pistol causes their reaction not physical therapy of shooting an air pistol or rifle. Many different things can trigger a memory. A rifle or pistol can trigger a memory that is associated with an event occurred when using one. For me, odors trigger a memory response, especially copper smells. Grabbing a bunch of copper shavings and sniffing them would not help me deal with that. I applaud your effort to try and help. I have talked several friends down from the brink. I live in Alabama and here one veteran a day, commits suicide.

Hello, I run a small airgun sales place and I am veteran myself. I personally know several veta with PTSD who used to enjoy guns but not so much anymore. I don't really want to directly ask them because that kind of thing can be a touchy subject. I was wondering if I should try to contact my local range and kind of host a day where I take a good bit of stock there and just let vets shoot for free. I think a lot of people out there that struggle miss shooting but don't trust themselves around firearms. I am thinking PCPs would be a way to get them enjoying shooting again without having the firearm struggles.
I applaud your good intensions. But I strongly advise that you totally abandon the idea. If a customer comes into your store and wants to get into shooting airguns, you help them do that. If you offer a military discount, then let the customer know that a discount exists for veterans and you just need to see their military ID. That is the extent to which you should treat veterans vs non-veterans. They come to you as customers -- don't seek them out. If they take advantage of your military discount, don't ask what they did in the service. Please take my advice seriously.

stovepipe

Don't seek them out, let them come to you.

I used my target shooting and airguns to help with my PTSD. Forcing myself to settle down and focus, in order to make a good shot. This has helped me greatly, but some people it won't.

Don't force it, if they want to use your company they will.