FWB Airguns of Arizona has more FWB Sports in stock for $695

Just saw them on their website.
General availability (but not a specific quantity. was confirmed by AoA sales.
I put 6 in my cart and it took that quantity to checkout. I could have bought them all I assume.

So if you were bummed that you missed the recent sell out, you have been given a second chance. A nice present on America's birthday.

Enjoy!

Last edited:
I put 6 in my cart and it took that quantity to checkout. I could have bought them all I assume.

So if you were bummed that you missed the recent sell out, you have been given a second chance. A nice present on America's birthday.

Enjoy!
Why do you do this to me! Here I am drooling. This rifle would be the perfect addition to my collection. Orv.

I saw one on Champion's choice about two weeks ago, listed as used. I got it for $200 less than what AOA is asking. If it is used I would beg anyone to show any signs of use. Came in original factory box with owners manual and tags. Everything immaculate.
I got the other 1. SN high 200's and is OK condition wise. I probably will be looking for a tuner for the shot cycle is brutal. Cocking, trigger, etc is nice. I got the R1 out that I consider a beast for a comparison. I now like the R1 for it seems so much nicer in all respects. Champions Choice, now here's a company that delivers. Received it in 48 hrs.

I recently bought a pretty decent used one that I believe is unmodified.
It's creaky and the shot cycle is rough. It is very hold sensitive.
But based on so many similar reports, I expected that and bought it with the intention of tuning it.
I'll soon replace the piston seal and spring guide with properly fitting ones, and I may use a lighter spring (or remove a coil or two from the OEM spring). It seems that many Sport's will need that treatment out of the box, and that they are all worth the effort.

I agree that $700 is a very steep entrance fee, especially since more resources will likely be required to correct the issues that the rifles probably left the factory with.
But, they are rare guns and when they're gone (again) the only chance of getting one will be to turn up a used one. These are certain, and no one has had a chance to mess with them either.

I got the other 1. SN high 200's and is OK condition wise. I probably will be looking for a tuner for the shot cycle is brutal. Cocking, trigger, etc is nice. I got the R1 out that I consider a beast for a comparison. I now like the R1 for it seems so much nicer in all respects. Champions Choice, now here's a company that delivers. Received it in 48 hrs.
Yes, got mine very fast, ordered on a Sunday night, and I think it rolled in Wednesday. Shot cycle is fine, but hard to break open for cocking, but that seems to be smoothing out some after 30-40 shots. I find the easiest way is to hold by pistol grip and forward end of barrel and tap bottom front of forearm on my knee or thigh to break it loose, then it cocks fine.

I have two older ones , tamed . i have been trying to figure out which one i will sell , after a year of trying i give up and keeping both , they are that nice .
Good luck to those that are buying and tuning , these guns are worth it and keep for a lifetime .
Stan in KY.

I have two older ones , tamed . i have been trying to figure out which one i will sell , after a year of trying i give up and keeping both , they are that nice .
Good luck to those that are buying and tuning , these guns are worth it and keep for a lifetime .
Stan in KY.
That's the way I feel about my soon to be 50 year old 125d. Over it's lifetime I have had to have new seals/spring twice. Honestly the shot cycle on it and the new sport seem about the same to me. From my viewpoint both have pros and cons. the 124 is much easier to cock, especially to unlock the breech in the cocking process, and it is a bit lighter and quicker to handle. The Sport other than being very hard to open the breech, which is rather difficult unless I use a procedure where I hold the barrel end the butstock and then rap the bottom of the forearm on my knee or thigh, is much more refined. The rear sight is probably one of the best factory sights, no problem with the front either, it would have been nice to be able to use different inserts, but then it should be no problem to change out for a more standard globe. It is just much more refined than the factory 124 front sight. The machined safety vs stamped steel on the 124 is not resettable, a feature I have not seen on any other air rifle, by that I am only considering springers as that is all I shoot. Finally the trigger on the new sport is better and easier to adjust, although not as good as the HW triggers. I think for a gun at this price point and looking at nice the trigger guard should have been steel instead of the plastic, although the plastic looks and feels good, although I am not a big fan of the angular shape. All in all I suspect in the future they will be sought after on the used market, and bring a good price. That's why I got two, one set up with a Hawke Airmax 2-7 and the other with a Gehmann 590 receiver sight, I have a 530 1.5x magnification diopter in the mail to go with it,

Enjoy!

I couldn't believe it. I supposedly bought the last retail FWB Sport available from AoA back in February. So, I called them up to see what the story was. Apparently, they stumbled across four NIB Sports in their warehouse that they didn't know they had, so these might really be the last retail Sports available in North America.

By the way, I love mine (SN 12400552), and based on the shockingly low production numbers, it's an instant collector's item. Here's a correspondence I had from Volker Müller, an FWB employee, who gave me the following info:

The Sport model was launched in 2014 in variants with 7.5J and 18J muzzle energy and was produced in small quantities until 2022.
Total production figures:
7.5J variant - 120pcs.

18J variant - 607 pcs.

Don't want to be a hater, but it's hard to grasp the fascination you Americans have for the FWB Sport. Over here in Europe, it's considered an abomination, and one of FWB's biggest blunders. When FWB announced a new Sporter, spring piston lovers were thrilled, thinking it might be a new classic akin to the 124 / 127 models. But then we got this... a gun that cocks like a bed in a 19th-century whorehouse, has absurd recoil, needs a hammer to release and an obnoxious shot cycle (even at 7.5J) due to an ill-fitting spring guide, flimsy piston seal, plastic trigger guard...

Sure, the Minelli stock is nice, the LW barrel is great, and the machining is well done. But we're talking about a rifle priced almost as high as top-end underlevers. The return rate on these rifles was HIGH and the retailers who stocked them quickly didn't... Did they all go Stateside?

You can certainly turn them into sweet shooters If you fancy putting in the work and maybe even, in that light, call them collectable, but I can't believe it was ever meant to be a limited edition model.

Last edited:
Don't want to be a hater, but it's hard to grasp the fascination you Americans have for the FWB Sport. Over here in Europe, it's considered an abomination, and one of FWB's biggest blunders. When FWB announced a new Sporter, spring piston lovers were thrilled, thinking it might be a new classic akin to the 124 / 127 models. But then we got this... a gun that cocks like a bed in a 19th-century whorehouse, has absurd recoil, needs a hammer to release and an obnoxious shot cycle (even at 7.5J) due to an ill-fitting spring guide, flimsy piston seal, plastic trigger guard...

Sure, the Minelli stock is nice, the LW barrel is great, and the machining is well done. But we're talking about a rifle priced almost as high as top-end underlevers. The return rate on these rifles was HIGH and the retailers who stocked them quickly didn't... Did they all go Stateside?

You can certainly turn them into sweet shooters If you fancy putting in the work and maybe even, in that light, call them collectable, but I can't believe it was ever meant to be a limited edition model.

Well, for someone who doesn't want to be a hater, you're doing a pretty good impression of one. :p:LOL:

Before I bought mine, I did my research, and I found on US forums and UK forums plenty of satisfied owners. I happen to be one of them. Obviously, some guns had issues, but that's the case with any mass-produced airgun.

My Sport has a shooting cycle that's quick and snappy w/no weird cocking sounds or spring twang, just a sharp cracking sound. It has amazing accuracy, hands-down the best open rear sight on a modern springer, a trigger every bit as nice as the Rekord, and it's one of the most accurate, best made, and most distinctive looking break barrel air rifles I own, and I have quite a few.

Well, for someone who doesn't want to be a hater, you're doing a pretty good impression of one. :p:LOL:

Before I bought mine, I did my research, and I found on US forums and UK forums plenty of satisfied owners. I happen to be one of them. Obviously, some guns had issues, but that's the case with any mass-produced airgun.

My Sport has a shooting cycle that's quick and snappy w/no weird cocking sounds or spring twang, just a sharp cracking sound. It has amazing accuracy, hands-down the best open rear sight on a modern springer, a trigger every bit as nice as the Rekord, and it's one of the most accurate, best made, and most distinctive looking break barrel air rifles I own, and I have quite a few.
That's why I bought a second one while I could.!

Put me in the "happy to have one" column as well.

Whike I agree that FWB certainly sabotaged their own product via their piston seal and spring guide (which I suspect some supply chain Goon is ultimately responsible for, not the product development team), I'm still very happy to have the rifle. I'd buy a second one also for an honest price. There are things I can upgrade after the fact, and things I can't. General design/trigger design, barrel quality, and most other instances of machining precision are examples of things which I can't. FWB certainly got those things right.

Basically, I don't mind doing the first rebuild up front. That's all it really adds up to. Some guys do that to Weihrauchs on day one too.

I'm even OK with the plastic triggerguard....

😁

Last edited:

Thank you for saving me $695 (y)

That's the way I feel about my soon to be 50 year old 125d. Over it's lifetime I have had to have new seals/spring twice. Honestly the shot cycle on it and the new sport seem about the same to me. From my viewpoint both have pros and cons. the 124 is much easier to cock, especially to unlock the breech in the cocking process, and it is a bit lighter and quicker to handle. The Sport other than being very hard to open the breech, which is rather difficult unless I use a procedure where I hold the barrel end the butstock and then rap the bottom of the forearm on my knee or thigh, is much more refined. The rear sight is probably one of the best factory sights, no problem with the front either, it would have been nice to be able to use different inserts, but then it should be no problem to change out for a more standard globe. It is just much more refined than the factory 124 front sight. The machined safety vs stamped steel on the 124 is not resettable, a feature I have not seen on any other air rifle, by that I am only considering springers as that is all I shoot. Finally the trigger on the new sport is better and easier to adjust, although not as good as the HW triggers. I think for a gun at this price point and looking at nice the trigger guard should have been steel instead of the plastic, although the plastic looks and feels good, although I am not a big fan of the angular shape. All in all I suspect in the future they will be sought after on the used market, and bring a good price. That's why I got two, one set up with a Hawke Airmax 2-7 and the other with a Gehmann 590 receiver sight, I have a 530 1.5x magnification diopter in the mail to go with it,
I just checked the safety on mine and it resets just fine.

Are you sure about yours?

Reactions: Bandito