AirMaks Arms Airmaks Krait L Or RTI Profit 3 22 Cal What’s the consensus😀

The Krait L is not even in the same zip code as a P3 when it comes to power. With power comes versatility. I thought I was a committed .25 guy with my P2. Then one day I switched it to a .30 slug gun and said this is it. My niece texted me to bring a long range pellet shooter when we came to visit. In 15 minutes it was back to a .25 cal. Dropped the reg back to 110b. Then shot it over the chronograph as I dialed back the hammer screw until the speed dropped. Then added a 1/2 turn. Done. Just as accurate and consistent as it was before. I had a Krait L. If it would have performed to my standards, I would have kept it. Very neat gun even though my .25 was pellet picky. I don’t think the .22’s are. If you are absolutely sure that all you will ever want it to be is a .22, maybe you should take a chance on the Krait.

The Krait L is not even in the same zip code as a P3 when it comes to power. With power comes versatility. I thought I was a committed .25 guy with my P2. Then one day I switched it to a .30 slug gun and said this is it. My niece texted me to bring a long range pellet shooter when we came to visit. In 15 minutes it was back to a .25 cal. Dropped the reg back to 110b. Then shot it over the chronograph as I dialed back the hammer screw until the speed dropped. Then added a 1/2 turn. Done. Just as accurate and consistent as it was before. I had a Krait L. If it would have performed to my standards, I would have kept it. Very neat gun even though my .25 was pellet picky. I don’t think the .22’s are. If you are absolutely sure that all you will ever want it to be is a .22, maybe you should take a chance on the Krait.
Thanks bud 👍 I have a P3 in 25 caliber. most accurate gun I’ve ever had but I want to get a small 22 so I was thinking about the RTI but I’ve been looking at the KRAIT standard, which is so tiny both have external adjustable regulators. I’ve had every other high-end rifle, you can think of PCPs and the P3 out performs Them.

Thanks bud 👍 I have a P3 in 25 caliber. most accurate gun I’ve ever had but I want to get a small 22 so I was thinking about the RTI but I’ve been looking at the KRAIT standard, which is so tiny both have external adjustable regulators. I’ve had every other high-end rifle, you can think of PCPs and the P3 out performs Them.
Even with a Prophet compact, you still have the same gun so I would try the Krait. Especially if you have zero interest in slugs. That’s when having more than enough horsepower on tap comes in very handy. I personally have no use for a Krait again because it won’t outperform the stuff I own from .177 to .30. But if something happens to my Lelya, I would immediately order the tiny Krait in .177.

Even with a Prophet compact, you still have the same gun so I would try the Krait. Especially if you have zero interest in slugs. That’s when having more than enough horsepower on tap comes in very handy. I personally have no use for a Krait again because it won’t outperform the stuff I own from .177 to .30. But if something happens to my Lelya, I would immediately order the tiny Krait in .177.
What's the max power your krait could put out?

I had a katran Lb .22, I hated the length but it was lightweight and a lazer with 25gr pellets both fx and aea branded although the AEA pellets edged the FX's. It could put out 53-55 fpe with the reg around 144b. I kept mine ariund 135 shooting the 25gr at 905fps and it had one of the most consistent shots out of any gun I had shot, which is why I've wanted a krait compact since. I've heard and seen the krait x in .25 put out close to 70fpe right out of the box, remember the long is a 520mm barrel and the x is a 700mm. Do you have the prophet long or standard?

Reactions: DR PROFET
Pulling the trigger thanks gentleman Krait compact 22 pictures coming in four or five days

IMG_0002.jpeg

What's the max power your krait could put out?

I had a katran Lb .22, I hated the length but it was lightweight and a lazer with 25gr pellets both fx and aea branded although the AEA pellets edged the FX's. It could put out 53-55 fpe with the reg around 144b. I kept mine ariund 135 shooting the 25gr at 905fps and it had one of the most consistent shots out of any gun I had shot, which is why I've wanted a krait compact since. I've heard and seen the krait x in .25 put out close to 70fpe right out of the box, remember the long is a 520mm barrel and the x is a 700mm. Do you have the prophet long or standard?
You are making me really dig deep in my memory banks with that question. I keep notes on all my guns but I tossed my Krait notes. I believe I was shooting around 900fps with 25gr and around the 135b mark. The problem was no matter what a lot of us did, the gun wouldn’t stay consistent from a full fill all the way down to when it dropped off the reg. Airmaks sent me regs and a new block but it still wasn’t good. I finally had mine humming along nicely when I had dual regs on it. But it was still no power house. 135b to shoot 900fps is so 10 years ago. Finally one day my gun just dropped to like 840fps and I couldn’t get it to shoot any faster. Sent it back. They called and said they got it dialed in but it’s 840fps. I said keep it. I don’t want it back. Mine also shot JSB and Hades pretty good. But when I shot AA 25gr, I saw what it was capable of. I found that odd but planned to live with it. I liked a lot of things about the gun. Mine also started chewing up the barrel where the cocking mechanism rides. Here’s a pic of mine when it was a dual regger.

69742465461__C61D687A-182E-4419-8519-1DE7E57B5AE4.jpeg

You are making me really dig deep in my memory banks with that question. I keep notes on all my guns but I tossed my Krait notes. I believe I was shooting around 900fps with 25gr and around the 135b mark. The problem was no matter what a lot of us did, the gun wouldn’t stay consistent from a full fill all the way down to when it dropped off the reg. Airmaks sent me regs and a new block but it still wasn’t good. I finally had mine humming along nicely when I had dual regs on it. But it was still no power house. 135b to shoot 900fps is so 10 years ago. Finally one day my gun just dropped to like 840fps and I couldn’t get it to shoot any faster. Sent it back. They called and said they got it dialed in but it’s 840fps. I said keep it. I don’t want it back. Mine also shot JSB and Hades pretty good. But when I shot AA 25gr, I saw what it was capable of. I found that odd but planned to live with it. I liked a lot of things about the gun. Mine also started chewing up the barrel where the cocking mechanism rides. Here’s a pic of mine when it was a dual regger.

View attachment 475037
Thay being the case I can understand your frustration, specially with a .25, mine didn't have any issues. Mine was a .22 and was pellet picky with the factory katran moderator, but it shot everything amazingly with the huma mod 30 and the donyFL Fx mod. It would shoot 1" group shooting the 16gr pellets at 1044fps and the 25gr pellets would be 1/4" groups at 900fps, it shot the 23gr javelin slugs really well at 930fps but it shot then best at 990fps and the 21 and 23gr h&n although no expansion which is something I usually pass up on, at 105yds it wouod stack them in 3/4" groups or less. My biggest gripe was the length, I shoot everywhere from public parks, to between homes and being that the gun was 44" long unfolded, was too much for me. Mine was also super consistent unless I brought the fps down below 890fps, it would shoot the same fps 4-8 times in a row without fail, regardless of pellet weight.

• Love
My P2 is a standard length. But I have a FX Superior .30 under that shroud. It’s a 970fps slug shooting monster. And the reg is set at 140b.

View attachment 475041
I haven't shot any RTI but I've seen what they are capable of in .177 so dream .177 rig would be an RTI.

Thanks for all the feedback!

I have a standard Krait in .22 cal shooting 15.89 grain pellets at 893 fps so around 28 fpe. I'm getting this with the reg set at 98 bar.
I'm sure I could push it higher but no need. I have a .25 cal for more power. I also haven't had any issues with inconsistency from shot to shot.
It's new so I'm sure I have the newest reg generation.

I have a standard Krait in .22 cal shooting 15.89 grain pellets at 893 fps so around 28 fpe. I'm getting this with the reg set at 98 bar.
I'm sure I could push it higher but no need. I have a .25 cal for more power. I also haven't had any issues with inconsistency from shot to shot.
It's new so I'm sure I have the newest reg generation.
That’s why I’m buying this new one exactly because it has the new huma regulator the guys told me that this latest generation is absolutely outstanding

Reactions: JaceSpace1369
Thay being the case I can understand your frustration, specially with a .25, mine didn't have any issues. Mine was a .22 and was pellet picky with the factory katran moderator, but it shot everything amazingly with the huma mod 30 and the donyFL Fx mod. It would shoot 1" group shooting the 16gr pellets at 1044fps and the 25gr pellets would be 1/4" groups at 900fps, it shot the 23gr javelin slugs really well at 930fps but it shot then best at 990fps and the 21 and 23gr h&n although no expansion which is something I usually pass up on, at 105yds it wouod stack them in 3/4" groups or less. My biggest gripe was the length, I shoot everywhere from public parks, to between homes and being that the gun was 44" long unfolded, was too much for me. Mine was also super consistent unless I brought the fps down below 890fps, it would shoot the same fps 4-8 times in a row without fail, regardless of pellet weight.
I realized I never stated the distance but the groups were shot at 50yds for the 1/4 and 1" sized groups