AirMaks Arms All about KRAiT L in .177cal (4.5mm)

In this thread I'd like to see all great and not so great information/data about AirMaks Arms KRAiT L in .177cal (4.5mm).

I've owned mine about two weeks and managed only to chrono some pellets and one sort of slugs. And here is my experience so far.

Weather is turning cold again, but managed to do 3 different pellet test with my AirMaks Krait L. Took full magazine (18 shots), no barrel cleaning or tuning the gun, straight out of the box and it delivered good data.

1 - 18 shots, .177 JSB Exact 8,44gr pellets - 952fps average, 12fps spread and 3.8fps STD Dev. Not bad, not bad at all! 950fps is a bit too much for pellets. 8.44gr is light, too light for my application, so the only way is to try heavier pellets.

2 - Next was 18 shots of .177 JSB Hades 10.34gr pellets - 894fps average, 7fps spread and 2.2fps STD Dev. WOW!!! Even better! Brand new gun, barrel not cleaned and regulator still not worked in - for this it is almost perfect! 890fps is in that perfect pellet speed range. Well, if KRAIT pushes 10.34gr pellets that fast then it gave me an idea to try 10.03gr slugs - JSB KnockOut's.

3 - 18 shots of .177 JSB KnockOut 10.03gr slugs - 875fps average, 25fps spread and 6.4fps STD Dev. In that string Hi was 881fps and Low 856fps. I measured speeds with FX pocket chronograph and it is known to throw low reading when batteries start to get empty. I believe that was the case.
So, I'm not worried about that 25fps spread.

All the above was done with factory settings on gun - regulator at 70 bar, hammer spring tension from factory and all shots were taken with fill pressure from 200bar to 150bar. All together 54 shots + around 10 dryfiring cycles. And that gives us ~0.8bar/per shot - and that is pretty efficient!!! 70 bar on reg. and HS (hammer spring) adjuster almost backed out - there is a big potential in this gun to shoot heavier pellets and slugs.
But accuracy will tell what I'm going to tune that gun for!
I'm stoked!

Sure there is plenty of KRAiT L videos out there in YT but there is always room for another one.

Last edited:
IMG_8355.JPEG

IMG_8331.JPEG

IMG_8359.JPEG

IMG_8357.JPEG

IMG_8361.JPEG

IMG_8362.JPEG

Last edited:
It is funny they thought about being able to place the single shot tray in the MAG holder, i would have assumed that either you use the single shot tray or the magazines, so why carry both and not least at hand on the rifle.

If they deliver the rifle with the single shot tray, that is very cool, every rifle maker should do that,,,,, can you hear i prefer to use single shot tray over magasines.

It is funny they thought about being able to place the single shot tray in the MAG holder, i would have assumed that either you use the single shot tray or the magazines, so why carry both and not least at hand on the rifle.

If they deliver the rifle with the single shot tray, that is very cool, every rifle maker should do that,,,,, can you hear i prefer to use single shot tray over magasines.
Single shot loader placement into mag holder is, I guess, just an option. You never know what people like to carry with gun :cool:
Sadly they deliver only gun, 1 mag, filling equipment and user manual.

Has anyone adjusted valve screw on KRAiT when tuning Your KRAiT?

Starting at 2:10min. It sounds like it adjusts valve return spring tension (like FX Impact M3??).

Today tuned my KRAiT L (.177) to shoot 13.43 gr JSB KnockOut to shoot at 960fps. Reg at 120 bar.

16 shots, avg 957, but threw few low readings. FX pocket chrono batteries were on red, maybe that caused low readings. POI did not drop on that low shot.

IMG_8509.jpg

IMG_8510.jpg

IMG_8511.jpg

Wondering if adjusting that valve screw will do some good? At the moment it is fully wound out from factory.

Today (31. March 2024) managed to get myself some free time from farm work/homesteading/looking after kids and tuned/set/zeroed my KRAiT.

Tuned it to shoot JSB KO 13.43gr slugs at ~960fps. Zeroed scope at 30m/33yd.

Settings:
* Regulator at 128-130bar, it's a smidge under 130bar line on that OEM analog pressure gauge.
* Hammer spring adjuster protruding 9.61mm, measured below the HS adjuster screw, from tip to block.
* Valve return spring adjuster turned in so that there is a gap of 2.8mm (2.5mm HEX key measured from "tip" to "tip" is 2.8mm) between screw and block (infront of screw). How many turns - maybe 3, I lost track of turns.

Settings in pictures.
Hammer spring adjuster:

IMG_8526.jpeg

IMG_8527.jpeg

Valve return spring adjuster:

IMG_8528.jpeg

IMG_8529.jpeg

IMG_8530.jpeg

IMG_8531.jpeg

That gave me 957fps average over one full mag, 18 shots string. With 23fps spread and 5.6fps STD Dev. It's not great but group is better than chrono numbers. With all of my 3 PCP-s, my FX Pocket chrono gives those occasional lower (15-30fps lower) readings. I've shot groups with chrono and when that lower reading comes there is no POI shift, so I blame chrono.

IMG_8524.jpg

Group wise, KRAiT performed better than my FX Dreamline and Snowpeak P35 at the moment (FX Dreamline tuning is on hold and will continue soon).

Scope zeroing 5 shot groups, without moderator and chrono hanging down from barrel shroud. Compared to 15mm spanner.

IMG_8515.jpeg

IMG_8516.jpeg

IMG_8517.jpeg

Full mag (18 shots) without moderator, chrono removed hanging down from barrel shroud.

IMG_8518.jpeg

Full mag (18 shots) with moderator and without chrono hanging off the barrel.

IMG_8520.jpeg

And 5 shot group with moderator to end the session.

IMG_8522.jpeg

IMG_8523.jpeg

All of those were shot from 30m/33yd.

IMG_8502.jpeg

IMG_8503.jpeg

IMG_8504.jpeg

Moderator used is Huma-Air Avalanche .22cal, with felt modification.

IMG_8490.jpeg

IMG_8491.jpeg

Did sound test with and without moderator, but phone app Db meter does not seem to show sense.

Without mod:

IMG_8514.PNG

And with moderator:

IMG_8513.PNG

Took 5 shots on each test. That app measured higher Db with mod than without. Average is lower with mod.
But my own ears tell way other story - You can hear action working and slug hitting target with mod. Without mod, You can hear crack from muzzle.
So, I trust my ears.

Next thing to do is to move target to 50m, 75m, 100m.

Reactions: Preston shoreline
I was wondering about those "fliers" at my full mag (18 shots) groups.
Weighted some pellets from that same tin that I was using to shoot those groups shown in previous (#9) post. I think I found the answer for that.

JSB 13.43gr KO slugs.

IMG_8552.jpeg

Next I will try to shoot 13gr ZAN slugs, they look way better by weight but real story will be told by target.

IMG_8556.jpeg

And modified my Plano case for KRAiT L.
Before it was for FX Dreamline Tactical. AirMaks original case was too small to fit KRAiT L in it with moderator attached.

IMG_8559.jpeg

AirMaks case houses my Snowpeak P35 now.

IMG_8560.jpeg

Today (31. March 2024) managed to get myself some free time from farm work/homesteading/looking after kids and tuned/set/zeroed my KRAiT.

Tuned it to shoot JSB KO 13.43gr slugs at ~960fps. Zeroed scope at 30m/33yd.

Settings:
* Regulator at 128-130bar, it's a smidge under 130bar line on that OEM analog pressure gauge.
* Hammer spring adjuster protruding 9.61mm, measured below the HS adjuster screw, from tip to block.
* Valve return spring adjuster turned in so that there is a gap of 2.8mm (2.5mm HEX key measured from "tip" to "tip" is 2.8mm) between screw and block (infront of screw). How many turns - maybe 3, I lost track of turns.

Settings in pictures.
Hammer spring adjuster:

View attachment 450978
View attachment 450979

Valve return spring adjuster:

View attachment 450980
View attachment 450981
View attachment 450982
View attachment 450983

That gave me 957fps average over one full mag, 18 shots string. With 23fps spread and 5.6fps STD Dev. It's not great but group is better than chrono numbers. With all of my 3 PCP-s, my FX Pocket chrono gives those occasional lower (15-30fps lower) readings. I've shot groups with chrono and when that lower reading comes there is no POI shift, so I blame chrono.

View attachment 451001

Group wise, KRAiT performed better than my FX Dreamline and Snowpeak P35 at the moment (FX Dreamline tuning is on hold and will continue soon).

Scope zeroing 5 shot groups, without moderator and chrono hanging down from barrel shroud. Compared to 15mm spanner.

View attachment 451002
View attachment 451003
View attachment 451004

Full mag (18 shots) without moderator, chrono removed hanging down from barrel shroud.

View attachment 451005

Full mag (18 shots) with moderator and without chrono hanging off the barrel.

View attachment 451006

And 5 shot group with moderator to end the session.

View attachment 451007
View attachment 451008

All of those were shot from 30m/33yd.

View attachment 451009
View attachment 451010
View attachment 451011

Moderator used is Huma-Air Avalanche .22cal, with felt modification.

View attachment 451012

View attachment 451013

Did sound test with and without moderator, but phone app Db meter does not seem to show sense.

Without mod:

View attachment 451014

And with moderator:

View attachment 451015

Took 5 shots on each test. That app measured higher Db with mod than without. Average is lower with mod.
But my own ears tell way other story - You can hear action working and slug hitting target with mod. Without mod, You can hear crack from muzzle.
So, I trust my ears.

Next thing to do is to move target to 50m, 75m, 100m.
What size is your hammer spring as I can not achieve the power your getting, same setup but I need to full wind my hammer all the way into get around 23flbs