Air Venturi All good things must come to an End? LOL

Well, I was hoping to get at least 2 days of shooting in with the Avenger. But.....

This Morning I took it out to see what speeds I get with higher Reg Pressure and I saw what I wanted to see with My Heavier weight projectiles. So I brought it back in and de-gassed again to put the pressure lower like it was before. So I fill it to 4000 and sit down to adjust the Reg again. I did and all of the air started leaking as soon as I opened the Valve Screw. I then let the rest of the Air out again and closed the Valve screw again. So I refilled it again, up to 4000 again. I let it sit for a while and all of the Pressure stayed. So I thought let's try opening the Valve screw again. Sure enough, it started leaking air again. I released the rest of the air, and called it quits. LOL The Airacuda had a full charge, so I went and shot that! lol I did not plan on working on a Rifle on the second day.

Any thoughts? I have never disassembled one of these things and am a Little Nervous.
Thanks!

Yes, it came with a complete set for the Rifle. Was your Oring on the Valve itself? I have never worked on any of these PCP's.
I don't remember which one but these PCPs have a million orings inside. Check youtube for disassembly vids. Look for a damaged oring near the area it was leaking and replace it with the correct size.

Reactions: maxtrouble
I don't shoot my Avenger much and haven't had to replace any O-rings. But I have had to replace O-rings in two of my three P35s. I had to remove the regulator of my Caiman and rebuild it. Every time I do something for the first time it is a bit scary. But afterwards it feels good to know I can do it. Not everything goes smoothly but if I keep after it I have been able to get it done. Fixing leaks seems like something PCP shooters just have to learn to do. Seems like it is your turn to do it for the first time. If you hit a snag, we will help (probably not me on that gun but I would try).

I don't shoot my Avenger much and haven't had to replace any O-rings. But I have had to replace O-rings in two of my three P35s. I had to remove the regulator of my Caiman and rebuild it. Every time I do something for the first time it is a bit scary. But afterwards it feels good to know I can do it. Not everything goes smoothly but if I keep after it I have been able to get it done. Fixing leaks seems like something PCP shooters just have to learn to do. Seems like it is your turn to do it for the first time. If you hit a snag, we will help (probably not me on that gun but I would try).
Thank you for the words of Encouragement!

...I did not plan on working on a Rifle on the second day...
Some folks seem to have good luck with the Avengers. Not me. After paying to ship mine back due to a frozen hammer adjustment screw (which I didn't feel like forcing, and having it break off in situ), I gave mine away to a local friend getting into airguns, and who used to be a (powder burner) gunsmith.

He played with it a bit, but he also had an FX Dreamilne Classic, so the Avenger was once again given away to someone else. I think that it was working at the time?

Best of luck with yours!

Reactions: Chief Ten-Beers
Reactions: Chief Ten-Beers
Here is a link to the Avenger schematic with a focus on the two (2) regulator O-rings: https://www.pyramydair.com/model-schematic/m/air-venturi-avenger-regulated-pcp-air-rifle/5136#13562. Unfortunately Pyramidair does not provide sizes any information concerning the parts availability. Anyway, getting to the regulator and making repairs to the O-rings is fairly straightforward.
Thanks. Yes I saw the schematics and Air Venturi gave Me the Part# for the Orings. 2 O rings, $12.95 + $9.95 Shipping! LOL Oh well, I got 2 sets to be safe. The only O ring not in the Bag was that one. Murphy's Law!

Well, I was hoping to get at least 2 days of shooting in with the Avenger. But.....

This Morning I took it out to see what speeds I get with higher Reg Pressure and I saw what I wanted to see with My Heavier weight projectiles. So I brought it back in and de-gassed again to put the pressure lower like it was before. So I fill it to 4000 and sit down to adjust the Reg again. I did and all of the air started leaking as soon as I opened the Valve Screw. I then let the rest of the Air out again and closed the Valve screw again. So I refilled it again, up to 4000 again. I let it sit for a while and all of the Pressure stayed. So I thought let's try opening the Valve screw again. Sure enough, it started leaking air again. I released the rest of the air, and called it quits. LOL The Airacuda had a full charge, so I went and shot that! lol I did not plan on working on a Rifle on the second day.

Any thoughts? I have never disassembled one of these things and am a Little Nervous.
Thanks!
Are you just turning the screw the wrong way?