American Air Arms All Things EVOL - Master Thread

I’ve searched all over this thread and via Google with no definitive answer. So I’ll post it up here now to the hive mind. Shoot me a link in case I did miss a post or thread.
Can the .22 HPS Evol achieve 50 fpe and a high shot count? Its only 3” inches more than the 15”. However on AAA website it indicates 36 shot count. Id imagine you could do this. Either way I’m thinking of adding a .22 HPS to my evol collection. Currently Evol Mini .22 only

@Yoda_1794 - I get close to 40 shots on my EVOL 15 @ 40 FPE using H&N 21.14g at 926 FPS. That's about the highest I get - a bit more with some heavier pellets but not much. I have the reg set at 2100 psi (stock from AoA/Tom) and the hammer spring is about 1/2 way down. I suppose I could milk a bit more, but I'm extremely happy with the grouping at this level so I won't tinker with it. With a 3" extra barrel and a bit of tuning, I think you could get 50 FPE and have some great groups.

@Yoda_1794 - I get close to 40 shots on my EVOL 15 @ 40 FPE using H&N 21.14g at 926 FPS. That's about the highest I get - a bit more with some heavier pellets but not much. I have the reg set at 2100 psi (stock from AoA/Tom) and the hammer spring is about 1/2 way down. I suppose I could milk a bit more, but I'm extremely happy with the grouping at this level so I won't tinker with it. With a 3" extra barrel and a bit of tuning, I think you could get 50 FPE and have some great groups.
Thanks for the reply Pfddi. Is it safe to assume a higher spot count than 36?

This thread is dedicated the the American Air Arms Evol. A while back someone posted asking for a thread like this. I thought that it seemed fitting to compile Evol threads, information, videos, photos, and questions in a single thread for easier reference. This will take some time to do. I am far from an expert on these guns. I'm just an airgunner who enjoys his Evol. My impression has been that this is a well-built and thoughtfully engineered air gun. It's not fragile or made from cheap parts. Some of the most intimidating tasks concerning these rifles (for me anyhow) were taking them apart and tuning. So I'll begin by posting videos and thread about these tasks first.

American Air Arms Evol .30 Full Review

Evol Tear Down Video
This covers removing the barrel, barrel cleaning, degassing, removing the reservoir, removing the regulator, swapping AR pistol grips and buttstocks. It also discusses removing the buffer tube. There are some nice reassembly tips in here.

Evol Trigger Adjustment Video (Tactical and Paradigm)
This video shows you how to degas your gun as well.

Evol Tuning Tips by Derrick Wall (@zx10wall)

Early Evol Setup by @mtnGhost

Changing Evol Manometers (Gauges) and Manometer O-rings (See an example of how to use the printable o-ring chart here).

If you're wondering how durable this air gun is, take a look at Dana Web's Torture Test of this gun. This is a 3-part series entitled "Will They Survive" in which the Evol was subjected to extreme stress and tested against a couple of other popular air rifles for durability, accuracy, and consistency. The result is astounding.

"Will They Survive" (Torture Test)
Part 1
Part 2
Part 3

Here's the Restoration Video of Dana's Evol post torture test

@Airgun Advisor 's "Evol Mini .22 "Ultimate Critter Getter: EVOL Mini .22 by American Air Arms"

Hunting with the AAA Evol Mini

Evol Schematics and Owner’s Manual (source- https://americanairarms.com/technical/manuals/)

Evol Master Assembly Schematic
https://americanairarms.com/wp-content/uploads/2021/02/E-100-1010-31-A1.pdf

Evol Receiver Assembly Schematic

Evol Gauge Block Schematic

Evol Regulator Assembly Schematic

Evol Magazine Schematic

Evol Trigger Schematic

Evol Trigger Adjustment (written instructions)

Evol O-ring Identification Chart (printable)

Purchase an Evol and accessories from the following vendors:

American Air Arms Evol Tactical Carbine @ American Air Arms website (look at the various models in the drop-down menu) https://americanairarms.com/product/evol-tactical/

Buy Your American AIr Arms Evol (in the United States) @ Airguns of Arizona (various models, magazines, and tools). Check with AOA for shipping to other parts of North America. *AOA is also an authorized Evol service and repair center. https://www.airgunsofarizona.com/in...search_in=all_but_description&search_str=evol

Baker Airguns https://www.bakerairguns.com/product/american-air-arms-evol-30-in-stock/

For people in Europe, Purchase Your AAA Evol from Krale Shop https://www.krale.shop/us/catalogsearch/result/?q=Evol

I've been gathering some of this info for a while, so please be patient as I add to the thread over time. You will also find hunting videos, reviews, info on benchrest and long-range shooting are as well. If you have relevant info or input to add, please feel free to do so.

Here's my Evol .30 set up to shoot at 100 yards off of a tripod.
View attachment 357249
Make a .177 paradigm and take my money 🤩

My 15" .22 developed a leak in July , and I have chased my tail for over a month.
I completely disassembled it, including pulling the valve. After a fresh set of rings, still leaking.....
Got the reg gauge to seal to the adapter ring using a slightly over sized o ring, but still leaking......
Submerged it and the front gauge is leaking so I used another slghtly oversize ring thinking it would cure it. WRONG..... Second dunk in the water with the clear gauge cover renoved and it is leaking from the gauge itself internally.
AOA parts dept. has a new one on the way to me as of today. Gauge was $35 and the rifle is way out of warranty. Go figure:confused:
Removing the valve is really no big issue. You must remove the DO NOT REMOVE set screw, and the valve pushes right out from the front, out through the hammer bore.

Last edited:
As a follow up

DO NOT take the above as me griping and grumbling.
The rifle is 3 years old and never missed a beat until recently, and it has been shot oodles and lots. Evols are solid units, and I own 3. Mine was simply due for a service.
As a funny aside, I have officially replaced more O rings in my Evols than in either of my Impacts! So take that you fanboys 😉

I’ve searched all over this thread and via Google with no definitive answer. So I’ll post it up here now to the hive mind. Shoot me a link in case I did miss a post or thread.
Can the .22 HPS Evol achieve 50 fpe and a high shot count? Its only 3” inches more than the 15”. However on AAA website it indicates 36 shot count. Id imagine you could do this. Either way I’m thinking of adding a .22 HPS to my evol collection. Currently Evol Mini .22 only
So did you buy that 22 HPS? I was seriously thinking about it but it sold rather quickly. The benefit with that particular HPS model, aside from the longer barrel is the faster 15:1 twist rate. This gives it the ability to be a good slug shooter, as it was designed.