American Air Arms All Things EVOL - Master Thread

The .22 cal HMX1000 is stupid loud without the mod too. Not much if a concern. Not a backyard gun.
Most of my shooting is at a private range, along side of the powder burners.

Hunting with .22 and .177 is allowed but without the be quiet device.

I guess I’m asking if accuracy will degrade without the mod. Not only functioning to quiet the bark, it is an air stripper and barrel weight too.

anyone care to try some groups with and without the moderator?
Now, I only ran 1 five shot group without the mod on the .30 Evol, but there was no discernible change in accuracy at 50 yards in my instance.
In your position, I would simply remove the core from the Evol mod housing and screw the empty can back on. Would this be feasible in your area, or still on the NO NO list?

If nothing else, you could remove the Evol mod entirely and replace it with a Donny FL mod adapter. Just leave the thread protector on the Donny adapter and it will look finished and tidy.

@Heavyopp

Here is the Donny adapter installed with thread protector in place to give you an idea.
20230523_115812.jpg

20230523_115806.jpg

Reactions: _CTAIRGUNNER_
I'm looking at getting one of these to set up for bench rest. I have a buddy that has a couple coming in HPS. One set up for slugs and the other set up for pellets, so I'm waiting patiently to see them and how the pellet version performs specifically.
Where is he getting HPS from? new old stock?

Awesome, does the reg and hammer spring need to be balanced? Or does that not really matter?
Ideally yes I would say so but doesn't hurt to try. I used to shoot my Taipan at all different speeds with same reg setting and it did fine. The ES was best where it was balanced but even when out of balance never saw anything worse than say 20fps at most so still usable.

Reactions: Elbowgrease
Ideally yes I would say so but doesn't hurt to try. I used to shoot my Taipan at all different speeds with same reg setting and it did fine. The ES was best where it was balanced but even when out of balance never saw anything worse than say 20fps at most so still usable.
Do you think I would need to rebalance the reg and hammer spring, moving from the 25 grainers to the 15 grainers?

I agree with this. Have adjusted many regulators in various airguns. I almost always set the reg a bit higher so I can shoot heaver stuff but back it off with the hammer spring for lighter stuff. Never noticed to much of a difference between balancing the hammer spring to the reg as far as the numbers spread across a chronograph.

do you know if it's doable to adjust the hammer spring from the 25 grain monster redesigns down to the 18 grain JSBs?
@Calibama22 With the reg set anywhere around 2100-2300 psi will give the thing a pretty good range of adjustment with just a turn on the hammer spring tension, sipping air on the light ammo and slinging the heavier stuff as well.

Reactions: woogie_man