Huben All Things HUBEN GK1 (air pistol) - Master Thread

* I would like to ask that you not clog this master thread with discussion advertising 3D printed parts that you or a friend of yours may have designed. Please locate the appropriate thread and create a single post letting readers know what your design does & where to find it. *

The Huben GK1 has been a long time coming by bringing almost all of the benefits of its big brother (the K1 rifle platform) in pistol format. I believe this pistol is the brainchild of @Gregor (Keminsk) hence the “GK”. Should can find many of his Huben videos in YouTube - some will be included within this thread. I don’t want to over talk this platform since the linked threads can do it better justice than I. I think air pistolero Ron Robinson (@AirNGasman) said it best here in post #s 8, 12, & 16.

Since the release of this revolutionary air pistol in 2023, it is only natural to create a master thread. This thread is dedicated to the Huben GK1. Here you will find links to threads discussing: use, adjustment, optics mounting, ammo selection, custom parts, conversion (carbine, shorty, etc), problem diagnostics and solutions, and more concerning the Huben GK1 PCP air pistol. The point of this thread is to have a repository of information for all things concerning the GK1 so that members and visitors searching for answers can have a starting point for their queries. Think of this thread as an “X marks the spot” on the AGN treasure map concerning the GK1. Certain threads may be omitted because they did not generate effective responses furthering the knowledge base on this air pistol. The point here is to compile a useful framework on this particular pistol for all readers to use as a point of reference to better learn the GK1 or to help others.

Owner's Manual:
GK1 Owner's Manual

Reviews and Testing:
“Huben GK1 Celebration” review thread by @weevil after approximately 10,000 shots!!

“Huben GK1. My First PCP Pistol”

“Latest GK1 Practical Accuracy Testing”

“GK1 at 100 Yards”

General Information:
General discussion about the anticipated
release of the GK1 and user Experience
“Huben Pistol” (the original GK1 thread on AGN)

GK1 Versions:
“Huben GK1 V3 with V1 Wrap”

“Latest GK1 Pistol Wunderpistol Wonderment”

“GK1 vs Leshiy 2 250”

“Charging GK1 with a Hand Pump”

“Huben GK1 Fill Probe” (fits the Notos & Vice versa!)

Setup, Adjustments, “Tuning:
*This is an unregulated airgun from the factory. Therefore I believe the term “tuning” in this context is a misnomer unless one adds a regulator, hence the use of quotation marks.*

“25 GK1 V3” a helpful “tuning”thread by @zx10wall

“GK1 Adjusting Power Question”

“Huben GK1 - Power Adjustment” (video)

GK1 Ammo Discussions:
“New Pills for the GK1!!”

“.25 Slugs for GK1?”

“Another Huben GK1 .25 Ammo Thread”

“AVS Slugs for My Huben GK1”

“GK1 .25 Tuning for Altaros & JSB - Charts and Data”

“Huben Slug - Peanut .22 Caliber”

“GK1 .22 - One of these 20 Pellets is Incredibly Accurate” (video)

GK1 Optics Discussions:
“GK1 Optics”

“What’s the Best Red Dot for the GK1”

“Huben GK1 Moistone Mount”

“Huben GK1 UniMount Optics Mount - Fits ALL GK1s“ (video)

“Huben GK1 Red Dot Sight Mount Installation” (video)

“Huben GK1 Red Dot Sight V2 Mount Installation - New Design”

Modifications:
“GK1 Performance Modifications” (thread)

“GK1 - Carbine or Stock Mods”

“Huben GK1 Carbine”

“GK1 Turned Convertible Carbine With Corcoran Walnut Stock” (thread)

“Huben GK1 .22: A Beginner’s Journey to a DIY Mini Carbine”

“Wood Workers for GK1”
Discussion on Creating a Wood Stock to Turn the GK1 into a compact Bullpup

“First Impression of Huben GK1 .25 Shorty”

“Huben GK1 Unlocked” (thread with video)

“Huben GK1 - Upgrades from Wolfiek Group”

"GK1 V3 Grip Adapter Installation" (video by Buck Rail. Also shows carbine conversion)

Moderator Options (please refer to the AGN rules on moderator discussion before contributing)

“GK1: What Silencer for Backyard Quiet or Almost?”

Shooting the GK1:
Here’s a short video demonstrating what looks to be and sounds like some good offhand shooting with a .22 GK1. “GK1 1st Offhand 24 & 41 yards” thread w/video.

Accessories Disccusions:
“Huben GK1 Rear Picatinny Adapter Complete Redesign and CNC”

“NEW! Huben GK1 Top Mount Picatinny Rail” (vídeo)

"Huben GK1 Lower Picatinny Rail Kit" (video by GoGun)

“Huben GK1 Holsters”

“What Holster for the Huben GK1?”

D/L Files to Print GK1 Accessories: https://www.airgunnation.com/thread...d-loading-gate-silencer-for-download.1304558/

“Huben GK1 Custom Grips for Sale?”

GK1 Maintenance:
“Huben GK1 Dissasembly Part 1” (video courtesy of @krazcool also posted under a @Bernie7 thread. This age-restricted video series must be viewed on YouTube. It demonstrates one of a few recommended methods of emptying the air from the GK1 reservoir (degassing).

“Huben GK1 Dissasembly part 2” (video by @krazcool)

“Huben GK1 Disassembly part 3” (video by @krazcool)

“[follow up] 2 Different Methods for Degassing the GK1 (explosive disassembly?)” (thread by @Bernie7. This thread contains links to 2 videos).
In posts #4 & #9 @krazcool explains other methods of degassing the GK1 in sequential order of importance that he recommends.

“Explore the Inner Workings: Huben GK1 Disassembly Tutorial” (subtitled video w/out talking by the Wolfiek Group/Huben Shop in Spain)

"Huben GK1 Pistol Maintenance Modifications, Tips, and Tricks" AGN thread https://www.airgunnation.com/thread...cations-tips-and-tricks.1302408/#post-1815690

“Huben GK1 Barrel Cleaner (edit: works for .22 and .25)” thread including photos by @weevil

GK1 Barrel Cleaning (see post #42) thread post including videos by @Navig

GK1 Problems and Solutions:
“Any Issues or Problems with Huben GK1 Please Share Your Experience”

“GK1 Leaking When Trying to Fill”

“GK1 Magazine Won’t Index”

“Shot My First Shot in GK1, and the Air is Now Empty & Pellet Jammed Unable to Rotate Mag”

GK1 Photo Threads Showcasing Various User Setups
“My Huben GK1 All Dressed Up”

“Huben GK1 Target Groups (photo thread)”

Where to Buy…:
Huben GK1 (United States & N. America)

- Ares Airguns Tactical - Covington, Georgia

- KRAZ Cool Airguns LLC - Missouri

- GoGun (USA & Canada) - Florida

- New England Airguns - Massachusetts

Africa:
Botswana: Trust Trading (pty) Ltd.
Address: P.O. Box 800ABG Sebele Gaborone Botswana
Email: [email protected]
Mobile: +267-3166242

South Africa: The Airgun Nut
Address: Midrand, South Africa
Mobile: +27 82 855 4222

Europe
Czech Republic: Next Company s.r.o
Address: Trnita 14, 60200 Brno, Czech Republic

Finland: Eräliike Riistamaa Oy
Address: Kotitontuntie 5, 02200 ESPOO Finland
Mobile: 09-4110 1290

Malta: Executive Guns & Ammo
Address: 52,Triq il- Ghadam, Zejtun Malta
Mobile: 00356 79425057

Netherlands/Belgium: Bascule Vof
Address: Utrechtlaan 9, NL-4926 CK LAGE ZWALUWE, Netherlands

Spain/Portugal/UK: Huben Airguns Shop (Wolfeik Group)

Slovakia: BR Team s.r.o.
Address: Bubnova 1, 94505 Komarno, Slovakia

Switzerland: CBR Trading AG│ Richner Waffen
Address: Riedstrasse 8, 4222 Zwingen │ Hintermättlistrasse 4, 5506 Mägenwil, Switzerland
Mobile: +41 61 723 20 00

Asia:
Iran/Iraq: Akram’s Exhibition
Business District 201, Street 60, Shop 7/32. Sulaymaniyah, Iraq.
Mobile 009647701527049

Kuwait: Abdullah Almejren Est.
Address: Block 1, St 20, Building 1505 , Shop 3, Alrai, Kuwait
Mobile: +965-94982322

Lebennon: Fayad Sport s.a.r.l
Beirut - Lebanon
Mobile: 00961 1 393660

Saudi Arabia: Fahad Alabdullatif Est.
Address: 7948 King Khalid RD, Buraydah 52361, Qassim, Saudi Arabia
Mobile: +966503847777

Turkey: Hope Dogǎ Sporlan
Address: Selamiali Mah. Anıt Sk. 1/C Üsküdar / İstanbul, Turkey
Mobile: 00905322324289

UAE: Al Qanna’s Hunting Equipment LLC
Address: Al Garhoud Almuhairbi Building, Garhoud Residence Near Welcare Hospital, P.O.Box 251275, Dubai - U.A.E
Mobile: 00971-4-2828084/2832134

Parts & Accessories:
KRAZ Cool Airguns LLC (highly recommended) - Missouri

New England Airguns - MA

Last edited:
Aftermarket Parts:
Huben 3D Parts by @M0ist0ne

Tactical Grips by @Squirrel hunter (AGN “classifieds” ad)

“Huben GK1 Take Down Stock” by @Squirrel hunter

GK1 Accessories by Buck Rail (folding stock, tube pic rail, side folder, etc)

GK1 Parts & Accessories by GoGun (aluminum top & bottom pic rails, aluminum red dot mounts, etc. Plastic holster doesn't fit GK1)

Ammo:
- Airgun Depot - Draper, Utah

- Airguns of Arizona

- KRAZ Cool Airguns - Missouri

- Nielsen Specialty Ammo (NSA) - Missouri

- New England Airguns - Massachusetts

- Pyramyd AIR - Solon, Ohio

- The Pellet Shop - New York

- Trenier Airguns

Optics (mostly red dot and reflex sights, but you may want to search for a pistol scope):

- CameralandNY

- EuroOptic

- Optics Planet

- MidwayUSA

Accessories:
Huben HB-35 Hand pump with fill probe https://www.newenglandairguns.com/huben-hand-pump-5000psi-350bars-46043569.html

HB-35 owner's manual https://www.hubenairguns.com/download/HB-35 Manual.pdf

Hunting with the Huben GK1 - ‼️WARNING‼️The following links to threads, posts, or uploads may contain photos and/or videos of dead or dying animals. Understand this BEFORE opening these links.

“Making it Rain Iguanas During the Hurricane Season!” (Pesting thread with videos. This is a great example showcasing the potential of the GK1 as a pesting tool for daily use. Periodically read through some @JaceSpace1369 threads to see how his GK1 holds up long-term).

“Huben GK1 Coon”

“2 More for the GK1”

“Huben GK1 .25 Phenomenal Close Range Carry”

“Another Starling, This One with GK1”

“GK1 Is on the Job #2”

“Another Day with the GK1”

“Huben GK1 Groundhog”

“Groundhog with GK1 .22”

"Huben GK1 Iron Sights Squirrel Sniped" (short video)

Last edited:
Hunting with the Huben GK1 - ‼️WARNING‼️The following links to threads, posts, or uploads may contain photos and/or videos of dead or dying animals. Understand this BEFORE opening these links.

“Making it Rain Iguanas During the Hurricane Season!” (Pesting thread with videos. This is a great example showcasing the potential of the GK1 as a pesting tool for daily use. Periodically read through some @JaceSpace1369 threads to see how his GK1 holds up long-term).

“Huben GK1 Coon”

“2 More for the GK1”

“Huben GK1 .25 Phenomenal Close Range Carry”

“Another Starling, This One with GK1”

“GK1 Is on the Job #2”

“Another Day with the GK1”

“Huben GK1 Groundhog”

“Groundhog with GK1 .22”

"Huben GK1 Iron Sights Squirrel Sniped" (short video)
Outstanding job putting this together! I'm not sure why but I didn't get a notification that you tagged me, thanks!

Reactions: Ezana4CE
"GK1 Leveraging the Shroud" a GK1 shroud modification thread by @weevil to help the shroud dampen sound.

I’ve used a 3D printed loading gate on a K1 and it works well, but I am liking this metal loading gate that Ares Tactical sells. I’m no fan of their logo being on every little aftermarket piece, but their loading gate is robust. It’s made of metal and has a magnet to help keep it closed. I don’t think this will break anywhere near as easily as the plastic loading gates.The only thing I’d like to see is some sort of light spring used in the hinge to keep the gate from falling down while loading or seating projectiles. Aside from that this is a nice accessory for me.

You can find them here

Last edited:
Careful using his content many people within AG community can't stand him.

@kkarmical Point taken. I actually watched the entire video before posting. The content is ok as far as I'm concerned. I can also appreciate that he stopped hiding his face. Sharing this particular post is not an endorsement of his channel or his personality. The focus is the Huben GK1. When I saw him shoot and his groups, it reminded me of my shooting because I'm also green (new to shooting PCP pistols).

Last edited:
@kkarmical Point taken. I actually watched the entire video before posting. The content is ok as far as I'm concerned. I can also appreciate that he stopped hiding his face. Sharing this particular post is not an endorsement of his channel or his personality. The focus is the Huben GK1. When I saw him shoot and his groups, it reminded me of my shooting because I'm also green (new to shooting PCP pistols).
I think the one you mean is Nate from the airgun channel. This macabe dude never hid his face. Dude puts out some stuff that aint cool to the airgun community as far as staying lowkey. I mind my own but the dude to loud and flashy for me

David

I think the one you mean is Nate from the airgun channel. This macabe dude never hid his face. Dude puts out some stuff that aint cool to the airgun community as far as staying lowkey. I mind my own but the dude to loud and flashy for me

David
If you all don't like a content creator's videos that I post, don't watch them. I really don't care. Although this thread has nothing to do with these people and everything to do with the GK1, I said what I meant. Here's one of the ones I've seen like this
I've seen several like this and I don't watch his videos regularly.

If you all don't like a content creator's videos that I post, don't watch them. I really don't care. Although this thread has nothing to do with these people and everything to do with the GK1, I said what I meant. Here's one of the ones I've seen like this
Dude you need to chill the f out. I simply posted a correction. I dont give a F what you post. It dont bother me at all. I been here years with zero issues. So bye

David

Ya know what. This guy is got issues. BUT. Dig this. I just received my shorty gk1 and im freaking ecstatic. This thing is awesome. No disrespect to you dude just realized I thought you meant Nate who 98% of time doesnt show his mug.

20240809_103034.jpg

Just a heads-up. Ordered the Huben Shadow moderator from Huben Airguns Shop on July 25, 2024 - not realizing that it would be shipped from SPAIN via DHL vs. from somewhere in the US. Dumb of me, I guess. It was shipped immediately - got the tracking number confirming that, but it has been a NO SHOW. Why? And I quote: "Your shipment is delayed due to customs clearance Jul 26, 10:18 AM" Today is 13 August, NINETEEN DAYS AGO. The pistol is much too loud to shoot unsuppressed (neighbors), so my $181.00 investment is in limbo and I have no clue what to do nexts. It seems Huben Airguns Shop did its part, and perhaps DHL has too, but what of the customs holdup? MAYBE some ignoramus in US Customs thinks its a firearm silencer? SUGGESTIONS? Thanks for any help/wisdom offered. Johnny - LongJnSIlver from Hendersonville NC

DELAYED - CUSTOMS CLEARANCE.jpg

@LongJnSilver Just wait. It should clear customs. For me customs in Kentucky takes a while. If there’s an issue I would think that customs would contact you. Customs clearance can take some time. What’s strange is that you didn’t pick up on Huben Shop being foreign when it came time to checkout and pay. What’s even stranger is that you post about not knowing that it was foreign in a thread that Tells readers that the Huben Shop is in Spain. That’s on you. If ever in doubt about a shop you can check their “About Us” page or search AGN threads to see what other members’ experiences have been like with specific shops.

Last edited:
I am curious - i read that Huben went back to the original checkerboard pattern carbon fiber air cylinder overlay on the original gk1 because the diamond weave pattern was too difficult to manufacture and the failure rate was too high.

I noticed that it seems that the fiber layer on the v3 was literally woven onto the air cylinder itself - manufactured like a carbon fiber bottle - there are no seams, the outer layer is literally layered fiber, there is no plastic or glossy overlay - it looks like graphite. Super durable i have noticed.

I believe the original gk1 wrap was a sticker - in one photo of a disassembled v1, I could see a seam, and the v3 cylinder was manufactured actually like a small CF bottle Do i have that correct?

I can see that the "argyle" style of that V3 wrap is an odd choice, but i am really happy with the dull, durable, seamless raw graphite-like finish and the fact that the cylinder is actually like a small carbon fiber bottle, although perhaps not enough fiber to make much of a difference in terms of safety.

Reactions: LongJnSilver