Huben All Things HUBEN K1 - Master Thread

JungleShooter - I don't think it is fair to say you have to fiddle with every pellet in the magazine. You just have to find out what pellet your gun likes, and that includes what your magazine works with as part of it. Then you just load it, seating them all the way in. I'd say I pay less attention to loading the mag in my Huben than I do loading the mags for my other guns because every slot is the same and in the same position when I load it. The only difference is that it is still on the gun . . .

Last edited:
JungleShooter - I don't think it is fair to say you have to fiddle with every pellet in the magazine.

Well, Alan, to me at least "loading" a magazine means simply popping a pellet in an empty slot and done. 😄

"Fiddling" to me would be if anything more is required, like needing a special tool besides my fingers, and a special movement (pushing the pellet farther forward than my fingers would).

I understand that many of us are fine with these "special add-ons" — but for a hunter at almost two grand I'd expect "hassle-free" or "fiddle-free" to be one of the features.....
Again, it's just a personal judgement call. 😊

Matthias

Well, I probably shot mine for about a year without seating the pellets - just dropping them in and making sure they were seated enough as I did so not to snag (just like with my other mags) and it worked fine like that. Eventually I tried seating them all the way and found the extra 30 seconds of "work" resulted in tighter groups and more consistent shooting, so I decided to keep doing it.

Do I wish I didn't have to do anything like that? Sure. Do I wish it shot more ammo better than it does with no effort on my part? Sure. But do these small "constraints" or annoyances prevent me from enjoying one amazing piece of equipment? Not at all.

We all get to decide what to do with our money, and you are welcome to not own one. And I'm sure in a few years something better will come out, either by Huben or somebody else (the Sidewinder is sounding good so far). But I for one will be glad that I have been shooting mine up until that point in time . . .

No worries! :)

Has anyone ever slugged the barrel on a .22 or .25? I know the magazine is the restriction but since the barrel isn't choked, knowing the actual diameter of the groove would be the way to go. Then reaming the magazine for those slugs (hopefully common sizes) would likely yield even better results than are already obtained. If someone has done this I missed it.

I will say, I shot my airacuda max .25 with 26.4 grain hades and my Huben K1 .25 with the 33.95 side by side yesterday and both proved to be equal at 100 yards , 1 inch to 1.5inch groups at 100 yards with full magazines. I really have come to the conclusion that the huben might be the most accurate hunting rifle out there with so much form and function. It just is not a bench rifle, doesn't make me disappointed with it at all, just speaking my thoughts out loud right now.

All things considered I'm not upset. Just trying to get the rifles niches sorted out as far as shooting her, getting comfortable behind her,

Getting the rifles consistency down today, little quick 30 minute shoot. For some reason I rock and rolled with the number 7 today as far as shot groups go. Winds were not helping.

100 yards.

Screenshot_20230403_174113_The Weather Channel.jpg

20230403_174502.jpg

20230403_174429.jpg

20230403_174141.jpg

20230403_174153.jpg

Reactions: Pale_Rider
I went out yesterday to the range and it was 80+ out so it was very crowded. So I went to the 300 yard range to practice. The wind was gusting up to 40MPH so a real windy day, but the alternative was to stay home with the wife who got Covid! After a bit of sighting in, I was routinely hitting the 200 yard 4" square with the JSB 33.95gr King Heavy MKII with a lot of horizontal hold over. I move out to the 300 (measured 317) and was at 60% hitting the 10 inch square (all the rest were smaller!) I have to say that the power and accuracy of this gun keeps surprising me. I may have to dig down and get a .22 also!

@MACTEN I’d actually wondered this myself and what the best method is.
I've had the barrel out to put JB bore paste through after I got it but didn't think about slugging it.
It's not difficult to remove the barrel and there isn't a breech o-ring to remove before slugging obviously so not a huge deal.
If I find time this next weekend I may just slug it and see for myself.

First berm is 100 yards, 2nd is 200 and by the hill is 300. I was shooting the BRK Sniper magnum 25 first with the same pellets. The K1 had a lot more "spice" on the shots versus the BRK, so my hold over was a lot more. I adjusted the elevation and windage on the K1 scope (Hawke AirMax 30 WA SF 6x24) and was holding for the wind at the first square past all the mil dots! I didn't even take the slugs out after hitting the target with the pellets.

FUYC2298.JPG

Well, Alan, to me at least "loading" a magazine means simply popping a pellet in an empty slot and done. 😄

"Fiddling" to me would be if anything more is required, like needing a special tool besides my fingers, and a special movement (pushing the pellet farther forward than my fingers would).

I understand that many of us are fine with these "special add-ons" — but for a hunter at almost two grand I'd expect "hassle-free" or "fiddle-free" to be one of the features.....
Again, it's just a personal judgement call. 😊

Matthias
I too was worried about the fixed mag I pushed the huben off many many times and after finally getting it I can't believe I waited so long. Here is my take and everyone has their own thoughts but for me 19 rounds in .22 and 17 in .25 isn't anything to push aside as a hunter. Both are double what the leshiy 2 has at 8 and if you have played with a leshiy 2 the mag covers that gold them is a pain and if you forget the cover the pellets get messed up and even can get stuck when opening to inspect. In the cold I get it when your out and about as a spot and stalk but 17-19 shots should be a decent amount for a bag limit type hunting situation. I have many pcps because I try as many as I can so I have the first hand info so I trade buy and sell etc and even my fully custom Ernest Rowe impact needed the orion inserts to keep some slugs from getting stuck. The huben checks so many more boxes on my want list to look over the non detachable mag.

I wonder how long it will be before other manufacturers start using a hammerless air driven system with semi auto . They seem efficient with air. Amazing range of power without any extras needed. . I'm not a big fan of the 5000 psi fill, seems like expensive compressor would be needed. Definitely has my attention.
I fill mine to 300b and still getting over 100 shots in .22 that's insane for a tube. There are definitely other hamerless ones out there but so far the huben has my favorite spot.

I rotated each mag twice after loading.

My process was place all pellets in mag, then rotate again so I could push the pellets forward and then rotate twice to ensure no jam.

It is a very very pronounced feel and even sound. No mistake about it. At least with these pellets.
All of you that encouraged Huben K1 owners to seat pellets within the mag, THANK YOU.
C107B2B6-D14C-4C27-B73A-E79F7ADDEF14.jpeg

My reluctant self took some convincing, but thanks for your persistence. This is a must before going hunting. The difference is easy to see.

Big difference shooting from 50 yards
32CCD0A6-1B5B-40A2-9FF1-248E76D692D2.jpeg

I think I started seating them in the group in the upper right. The lower left is when I had my holdover figured and the groups started coming together after seating the pellets. The first two groups above I hadn’t gotten my holds figured and I didn’t seat the pellets at all. I just finger loaded them.

Last edited: