Huben All Things HUBEN K1 - Master Thread

Ran the bore scope up the Huben K1 barrel and got a look at the magazine to barrel alignment. Here's what it looks like.
2020 Huben K1 .25 Bore:Mag alignment1 5-7-23.jpg

Does this look about right to y'all?

I think that looks great. We have to remember that the "rifling" on the magazine does not have any twist to it, so things can never be "perfect" as there will always be some play in the interface from that fact. Just so others are aware, the newer versions only have half as many lands as the barrel has . . .

I keep talking myself out of a borescope, but that use might just be what I need to put me over the top - that looks so much easier to get a good alignment than constantly taking off the mag to inspect through the breech.

What kind of borescope is that?

I have 4 sets of slugs that work well with the K1 25 - Alteros ATP and ATP smooth (work a bit better in mine) at .254 and the NSA .254s I'll have to remember the settings, but I seem to get the best performance from the ATP smooth first, then the NSA 38.5gr. The other 2 shoot well, but these seem to give me a bit tighter grouping at 100 yards. I have them right at 990 - 1000 fps The NSA are much easier on the wallet, but the Alteros smooth really works well for long range.

I have 4 sets of slugs that work well with the K1 25 - Alteros ATP and ATP smooth (work a bit better in mine) at .254 and the NSA .254s I'll have to remember the settings, but I seem to get the best performance from the ATP smooth first, then the NSA 38.5gr. The other 2 shoot well, but these seem to give me a bit tighter grouping at 100 yards. I have them right at 990 - 1000 fps The NSA are much easier on the wallet, but the Alteros smooth really works well for long range.
I am looking for accuracy first, power second, cost 3rd, the rifle I know can really sling lead at speed, we all know that but its finding that right slug. I have heard nothing but good about the ATP Smooth slugs in other applications hmm

I cheat and run a patch through with Balistol from the front and see how dirty it is and use that as my gauge to determine if I'm going to do a full clean on it! For shooting JSB MKII 33.95s it is between 500 and 1000. I have only gone through 200 of the ATP and cleaned the barrel after they were shot. I shoot them "VERY" slowly!!!

Reactions: _CTAIRGUNNER_
I cheat and run a patch through with Balistol from the front and see how dirty it is and use that as my gauge to determine if I'm going to do a full clean on it! For shooting JSB MKII 33.95s it is between 500 and 1000. I have only gone through 200 of the ATP and cleaned the barrel after they were shot. I shoot them "VERY" slowly!!!
I clean about the same on my rifle with 33.95 , if i only had to clean it after every 100 rounds with these slugs, i wouldnt mind that at all

I'm thinking about getting a huben and want to install a sling if you could email me a picture or send a link or posted here it would be great
@jgg765 The person you’re asking says he doesn’t own a Huben. There are photos of the Huben with a sling and info on which sling studs others are using in this thread already. I suggest that you read back through the thread a bit (post #80, pg 4 has a photo).

Last edited: