Huben All Things HUBEN K1 - Master Thread

@jgg765 The person you’re asking says he doesn’t own a Huben. There are photos of the Huben with a sling and info on which sling studs others are using in this thread already. I suggest that you read back through the thread a bit.
I thought hubens came with studs from the factory? Mine has them but not sure if prior owner put them on

I'm thinking about getting a huben and want to install a sling if you could email me a picture or send a link or posted here it would be great
Here's some examples, there are more. You need both parts if you don't want to drill on the gun.

Reactions: jgg765
I enjoy @SONG55 's (aka Air Sniper Song V) Huben videos. Here he discusses his K1s in .22 and .25 with custom TJ barrels from Kelly at Crazy Cool. I found it interesting that he mentioned cleaning the barrels after around 300 shots. He suggests using a brass brush and WD-40 to clean these TJ barrels. I'm curious as to how much WD40 is used and how he positions the gun in order to prevent the WD40 from running past the throat of the barrel.

part 1

part 2

I am ready to take the plunge on a 25 cal K1. Looking to use it to plink and for discreet pest termination.

Where should I buy from? NewEnglandAirGuns on eBay? Straight from Huben?

What assortment ammo should I start with to "see what it likes"? Is there a "break in guide for new owners" somewhere?
I have had fantastic luck with John @ newengland airgun but have also heard nothing but the same about Kelly @ Krazy Kool, with that said either way you'll be happy.

The ammo depends on the pests, I've found the Huben .25 likes higher speeds for its projectiles meaning higher fpe. I shot 33.95 at 955 fps which is just under 70 foot pounds and it loved it.

When I decided to purchase my Huben I wondered the exact same thing. As luck has it, I contacted Kelly at Krazy Kool because he was closest to where I live. It has been nothing but Excellent Customer service since. While I do my own maintenance whenever possible, Kelly will go above and beyond in helping if you have any questions or concerns.

I am running a TJ barrel setup in one of my Hubens with great accuracy with 27.5gr Nelson slugs at 960fps. 6 shots at 100yds.
20221108_171315.jpg

Last edited:
I'm probably going to buy it a huben but I'm also contemplating buying a western rattler how do you like it so far
The Western Rattler is amazing, a powerhouse, and for as much power as it puts out it's quiet. It's not as quiet as my Huban obviously but this thing is destroying whatever you point it at. I have some 180 grain hollow point pellets that were especially made for the rattler, it can fire a full magazine of 15 at over 250 ft-lbs as fast as you can pull the trigger. The thing is just awesome. Now don't get me wrong I love my Huban, I fire it more than the Rattler because pellets are a little cheaper for it, it is quieter, and I can turn the power down on it enough to make it backyard friendly without having to worry about A pellet going through my backstop and going a mile and killing a neighbor If I miss a shot. If you have the money, The western rattler destroys any other 357 on the market in my opinion If you want a true semi-auto powerhouse. The only other 357 semi-auto that I can think of right now is an AEA and there's no comparison, AEA cost a lot less but for the quality and the peace of mind of knowing that you have a product that's going to do what it's supposed to do and not blow a seal or something is worth it to me. Plus the Western Rattler just looks cool. You feel like Rambo carrying that thing around 🤣

I am running a TJ barrel setup in one of my Hubens with great accuracy with 27.5gr Nelson slugs at 960fps. 6 shots at 100yds.
View attachment 357583
Are you running a custom mag with your TJ barrel? Also is it a TJ airgun barrel or liner? I’m running the .25 auto 1:14 TJ liner(.243 bore /.250 groove) with custom mag that has .250 diameter chambers and am getting about 1 1/2” groups at 100

Are you running a custom mag with your TJ barrel? Also is it a TJ airgun barrel or liner? I’m running the .25 auto 1:14 TJ liner(.243 bore /.250 groove) with custom mag that has .250 diameter chambers and am getting about 1 1/2” groups at 100
No custom mag. TJ barrel only. Its a barrel not liner. It will produce these groups consistently.

Last edited:
No custom mag. TJ barrel only. It’s a barrel not liner. It will produce these groups consistently.
I should’ve went that route too but I hopped on the custom barrel and mag train when Kelly was still making them. It’s accurate enough but I want better. Kelly has been phenomenal about it. I told him I didn’t get the results that I expected and he said ship back the TJ barrel and custom mag in exchange for a new 2023 huben barrel and brand new stock mag. I decided not to do it since he has already gone above and beyond when he first installed my barrel and mag. Dude replaced a bad o-ring and didn’t even charge me for it! Then hooked me up with a free loading gate. Top tier customer service. Wish more people were like Kelly

Mike, replace your loading gate with a after market loading gate. It makes loading much easier, 2 pellets at a time. Splurge on the .177 K1. I have one in .177, .22 and .25. I use the .177 more often than the other two, JSB 16.2 GR will put a bad case of hurt pesting and hunting. I've got the abused hands of a 69 year old construction worker, gnarly, eyes a far cry from my from my youthful days and a slight tremor. I have no problems loading the .177. I chose a TJ barrel, 1:18 twist if I remember correctly. I've only dabbled with slugs and feel I've not the experience to pass judgement.

Reactions: Coolhand