Huben All Things HUBEN K1 - Master Thread

And Turbo911 - please add how high a fill you use . .

We have to remember to add our top fill level when we talk about shot count on our Hubens as very few people fill these things to the max of 5000 psi - usually something less, and it varies greatly, probably even in use as fills from tanks are lower on each refill.
Hi, my reg is set close to 200 and i fill to 3000 psi i recharge after every mag to keep it topped up as it drops of reg if i shoot more than a mag, my power wheel is more or less maxed out too these are powerful pcp,s, but not as powerful as my Vulcan 3 that thing is unreal….

Haven’t shot .25 pellets out of it in a while. IIRC the heavies were most accurate with higher pressure. 140-150 bar then adjust the power wheel until speed reaches 900-950 fps. The higher pressure allows for a quick burst of air that will ensure the valve is closed before the pellet leaves the barrel.
Maybe this is the issue I'm having.... my huben .25 is set at 14mpa which is 140 bar , was shooting around 920 fps , would watch them do hole in hole at 100y then fliers. Then do the dance all over again. I'm going to try n run it at 16 to 17mpa

After you’ve done all your testing with different reg pressures and speeds I would check the alignment of the mag chambers to the barrel. It’s possible that the mag isn’t properly aligned
Hmm definitely something to check, if I go that far I'm going to polish my barrel ... 🤔

This is what's happening pretty regularly

20230326_155730.jpg

Reactions: Pale_Rider
Man that’s frustrating when you see it making a ragged hole and then fliers pop up. Do the fliers occur consecutively or do they happen randomly?
It is random.. I may get 3 or 4 in a hole and then 2 fly then a couple to few more in the hole then a flier or 3. I can't pin point it. I almost 💩 myself when I was same holing them .

Mine is a 2018 with the LW barrel and I shoot .25 heavies and it was doing the exact same thing. The problem was that the pellets were too loose in the magazine and the were getting blown backwards and when the mag rotated they were getting deformed. My fix was to flare the skirts on the pellets so the fit snug. Problem solved.

Mine is a 2018 with the LW barrel and I shoot .25 heavies and it was doing the exact same thing. The problem was that the pellets were too loose in the magazine and the were getting blown backwards and when the mag rotated they were getting deformed. My fix was to flare the skirts on the pellets so the fit snug. Problem solved.
My magazine is very loose actually, it also doesn't appear to have any rifling in it like they should have ... mine appears to be 2020 model year

My magazine is very loose actually, it also doesn't appear to have any rifling in it like they should have ... mine appears to be 2020 model year
The rifling in the mag is pretty faint so it is hard to see especially if its leaded up a tad, i also had to line my mag up with the barrel its a rite PIA job but worth checking, i found that when you tighten the barrel it moves very slightly which then off sets it to mag you have to try to pre empt this it is trial and error…

Is the mag loose or are some pellets loose in the mag?
Pellets loose in the mag, I apologize for my poor choice of words.
The rifling in the mag is pretty faint so it is hard to see especially if its leaded up a tad, i also had to line my mag up with the barrel its a rite PIA job but worth checking, i found that when you tighten the barrel it moves very slightly which then off sets it to mag you have to try to pre empt this it is trial and error…

It could be very well leaded up now, 3 tins since Sunday. I guess I've got a handful of things to try.

Bare with it they are awesome rifles, Out of my collection i would like to say its my favourite but not sure it is…
I love the rifle, I am using it for a task it's not really designed to do and have limited time to get it ready lol. John at New England Airgun asked me to shoot it at the Northeast Airgun Classic and I'm using it on the bench there as semi auto is not allowed for prs. It's not a bench gun but I believe it could still do well.

I love it so much that 2 Saturdays ago.i bought a .22 and have that dialed in perfect for its job.