All Things PARD Night Vision & Thermal Optics - Master Thread

@PARD_Tech AGN member @Florida_Man needs a couple of mounting screws for his Pard NV008 unit. How can he obtain these screws? Where can he look to obtain the size of these screws? Does Pard have a parts list available for Pard owners or a place where we can buy spare screws, shims, battery compartment covers, mounts, throw levers, lens covers, eye cups, etc.?
Thanks @Ezana4CE , I still haven't received a reply from ZB Rail folks or Pard via email...
I guess I might have to take it to the hardware store and see what fits.

Thanks @Ezana4CE , I still haven't received a reply from ZB Rail folks or Pard via email...
I guess I might have to take it to the hardware store and see what fits.
@Florida_Man No problem. You may find what you’re looking for there or at a hobby shop. I think @PARD_Tech may reply in time. I don’t think English is that person’s first language and I don’t see that account too active on the forums on a regular basis. If you find something that fits, please let us know.

Reactions: Florida_Man
anyone know the size of the screw that mounts the pard. My zb lite universal ate it up. I thought it screwed directly into it ….

View attachment 395906

View attachment 395907

View attachment 395908
anyone know the size of the screw that mounts the pard. My zb lite universal ate it up. I thought it screwed directly into it ….

View attachment 395906

View attachment 395907

View attachment 395908
Countersunk head screw hexagon socket M6

I have the NV007V and use the Eagle Vision mount as well. Yes, the NV can get knocked out of alignment, much to my dismay. What's even worse, is when you have no choice but to mount your scope at the very end of your breech due to no forward running picatinny rail, and this NV adds 5 inches to the end of your scope. Can't even shoulder the rifle. Aside from that, it's awesome.
Meme_144.jpg

@KRich I bought a dedicated Eagle Vision mount that is adjustable and provides some extra eye relief with the NV007. The thing is, the mount is heavy, but allows for the daytime scope to be moved back into place for normal use. Check out the Eagle Vision mount with just the scope and with the scope and Pard NV007a in the thread below, post #31.

Understood. This is the one I bought:
https://northeastairguns.com/products/eagle-vision-pard-007-scope-adapter

It works great, but does have a very small amount of play which knocks the cross hairs out of perfect alignment just a tad. I havn't fooled with it, but I think I can use an O-ring or something to take up the slack. I "trial fitted" it on a Primary Arms scope I have lying around, put it on a rifle and realized the whole rig stuck out so far rearward I couldn't shoulder the rifle. I have no picatinny rail left to mount the scope any more forward.

I'm afraid I will have to buy this Vortex Optics CM-103 Cantilever Mount with a 3" Offset ($109.00)
s-l1600.jpg

AND this incredibly short scope that Cyclops Joe found for me:
https://www.edgunwest.com/store/optics/optisan-optics/item/optisan-cp-3-12x32p/
Money I can't really afford to spend right now.

The Cantilever mount may not work, as it will more than likely have to span the gap where the pellet drum slides into (Airacuda Max). The Airacuda has picatinny rails that are split in half almost, with just a few rails forward of the magazine slot.

@KRich I was going to suggest a cantilever mount, but linked the adjustable mount because with the cantilever mount the scope will likely sit too far forward to be able to use your scope across the magnification range. With the adjustable Eagle Vision mount you can slide your scope backwards and forward as needed by simply loosening, adjusting the mount, and then re-tightening a few screws.

Last edited:
Reactions: KRich
@KRich I was going to suggest a cantilever mount, but linked the adjustable mount because with the cantilever mount the scope will likely sit too far forward to be able to use your scope across the magnification range. With the adjustable Eagle Vision mount you can sled your scope backwards and forward as needed by simply loosening, adjusting the mount, and then re-tightening a few screws.
Damn. Please forgive my stupidity. I see now. That's exactly what the Dr. ordered. I'm going on the hunt to find that mount. THANX !!!!!

I own a 008lrf and a 008s lrf. Pretty impressed with them for identification.

1)If you turn off the date stamp, your videos will not have a reticle displayed.

2) You should use flattop batteries in the PARD. If you use the others, do not screw in tight. Damaging a 18650 can result in those batteries having a meltdown or exploding.

3) The IR illuminator on the PARD is a laser. It is not eye safe and care should be taken to not have the IR reflecting back at the user. Specifically I shoot out of opened windows often and have set my PARD to not use the on board illuminator unless manually turned on. On the flip, the on board IR illuminator is usable out past 200+ yards.

@PARD_Tech Is there a newer, higher resolution unit available than the 008s? Primarily using the PARD(s) for positive identification and sorting of small animals (raccoons/possums/cats) at ranges out to 200 yards. While I'm happy with the 008/008s, I would purchase another if there is a higher resolution model available.

Last edited: