All Things PARD Night Vision & Thermal Optics - Master Thread

Didnt mean to rattle your cage Ezana4cE !
Whats "lazy" to you, is actually the fact that digital scopes with ballistic calculators useing LRF's, is ever changing and all new to me.
Carry on your highness, without me!
@SpringfieldScooter Resorting to personal insults so quickly, eh? Yea I can sling them when I feel like it. However, my interest here is keeping a useful thread useful. You coming in mucking it up with redundant questions that make it obvious that you either aren't searching, aren't reading, or are not comprehending what you are reading make it that much more tedious for others coming in behind us looking for information. Consider checking your feelings, taking them elsewhere, and dealing with them so that you don't feel hurt by a random person on the internet who is encouraging you to help yourself. I'm not here to hurt or cater to your feelings. If any of this bothers you I suggest you steer clear of me.

Last edited:
  • Haha
Reactions: PumaCarl

I don't know which version you have but I found this. Also, you might want to join someof the British forums because there seems to be people doing their own updates over there but I didn't want to join more groups to read about them, ... yet.

I was fearing I would have to drop $100+ on a Eaglevision rail just to mount my PARD NV007...just to be able to shoulder the weapon. I came across this on Amazon:

https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B00N65LIVG/ref=ppx_yo_dt_b_asin_title_o02_s00?ie=UTF8&psc=1

It works perfectly. I did however, swap out the screws that secure it to the rifles Picatinny rails with more hefty #8 grade steel hex bolts I sourced from Ace Hardware. Its rock solid, sits low, and clears the magazine for the pellets...all for under $30.

PARD Rail.jpg

@KRich Post #31 in the following thread shows the route I went using the NV007a. Interesting adjustable Eagle Vision mount.

That extended rail works well. I used to place a piece of tape on top of the pic rail to mark my scope’s original position so I knew where to place my scope once I remove the clip on NV unit.

Reactions: KRich

I don't know which version you have but I found this. Also, you might want to join someof the British forums because there seems to be people doing their own updates over there but I didn't want to join more groups to read about them, ... yet.
Thank you. That looks like the same version firmware that came on my NV008S. I did the update on the D35 and it added a couple new features like more levels of zoom. I was hoping they added that to the NV008S. It would also be nice if the NV008S recentered the reticle like the D35 does after zeroing.

@KRich Post #31 in the following thread shows the route I went using the NV007a. Interesting adjustable Eagle Vision mount.

That extended rail works well. I used to place a piece of tape on top of the pic rail to mark my scope’s original position so I knew where to place my scope once I remove the clip on NV unit.

Indeed. I saw that, and its looks great. I did look into that mount as well as other offerings from EagleVision, but the cost plus the added US currency exchange rate and shipping, put it out of reach for me. I couldnt find any US or Australian sellers.

Reactions: Airgun Al
Heard back from PARD, they aren't very forthcoming with information. They did say the NV008SP firmware on their website is NOT compatible with the NV008S. I replied back asking if there is a firmware update available for the NV008S, it may be a few days before I hear back. It would have been nice if they had just told me what the latest version firmware was for the NV008S, but I'm thinking it's what came with it.

I'd still love to see an update that incorporated some of the features of the D35, such as reticle centering after zero and a few more levels of zoom between MIN and MAX!

Reactions: Florida_Man
Heard back from PARD, they aren't very forthcoming with information. They did say the NV008SP firmware on their website is NOT compatible with the NV008S. I replied back asking if there is a firmware update available for the NV008S, it may be a few days before I hear back. It would have been nice if they had just told me what the latest version firmware was for the NV008S, but I'm thinking it's what came with it.

I'd still love to see an update that incorporated some of the features of the D35, such as reticle centering after zero and a few more levels of zoom between MIN and MAX!
Yeah, 8 and 10x would be nice. I’m an advocate of the ZB rail or the Eaglevision adjustable. Not only does it center the scope, but I like it as a mounting bracket over what comes with the Pard.

IMG_1530.jpeg

Yeah, 8 and 10x would be nice. I’m an advocate of the ZB rail or the Eaglevision adjustable. Not only does it center the scope, but I like it as a mounting bracket over what comes with the Pard.

View attachment 427695
I did the shim thing and have it pretty close to center, but if I move it to another rifle and re-zero, then it's off center again. Which mount is that you have and where do your get one?

I did the shim thing and have it pretty close to center, but if I move it to another rifle and re-zero, then it's off center again. Which mount is that you have and where do your get one?
ZB Lite Rail. Currently out of stock. Maybe shoot Wes an email and see if he is expecting more. The PARD supplied screws didn't work with me on the mount, they are M6x10mm, I had to buy some M6x12mm to get it attached.

I bought this and used the M6x12
https://www.amazon.com/gp/pM6 12mm screwsroduct/B09GRYJSDG/ref=ppx_yo_dt_b_search_asin_title?ie=UTF8&th=1

ZB Lite Rail. Currently out of stock. Maybe shoot Wes an email and see if he is expecting more. The PARD supplied screws didn't work with me on the mount, they are M6x10mm, I had to buy some M6x12mm to get it attached.

I bought this and used the M6x12
https://www.amazon.com/gp/pM6 12mm screwsroduct/B09GRYJSDG/ref=ppx_yo_dt_b_search_asin_title?ie=UTF8&th=1
Thank you! Looks like Wes is out of stock and the link to Amazon did not work, I get the sad puppy error message saying the page can't be found. Everywhere else seems to be in the UK! I was really hoping to find a US vendor... Thanks

Thank you! Looks like Wes is out of stock and the link to Amazon did not work, I get the sad puppy error message saying the page can't be found. Everywhere else seems to be in the UK! I was really hoping to find a US vendor... Thanks
Wes is good about replying to emails.
[email protected]

Maybe this works , if not search Countersunk Socket Cap M6x12mm

HELIFOUNER 140 Pieces M6 x 8mm /10mm /12mm /16mm /20mm, 304 Stainless Steel M6 Countersunk Socket Cap Screws Nuts Washers Kit https://a.co/d/9txUzcS

That’s what was discussed with a company rep in this thread posts #105-107. The NV008S could definitely use a firmware update expanding the zoom range incrementally. This sort of lack of support does not encourage consumers like myself to purchase a newer model. It sucks that you could not get any info from the company regarding a firmware update.

Wes is good about replying to emails.
[email protected]

Maybe this works , if not search Countersunk Socket Cap M6x12mm

HELIFOUNER 140 Pieces M6 x 8mm /10mm /12mm /16mm /20mm, 304 Stainless Steel M6 Countersunk Socket Cap Screws Nuts Washers Kit https://a.co/d/9txUzcS
Thank you. I did email Wes this morning just waiting to hear back. A Google Search showed Alibaba had them, but the minimum order was for 2 and I only need one. Since they are so hard to find, maybe I should order 2 and offer the 2nd here in the classified!

I have a NV008S and I like it. I’m want to set up another rifle and I’m trying to decide what to get by sifting through all this thread. I don’t need LRF, I shoot at known distances 30y and under. It’s going on a Notos or a P35.

I’m leaning towards a DS35 50mm right now. It has better resolution and some eye relief. I’m trying to figure out the new NV008 model that’s coming out.

I like the D35 better than the NV008S. One of the best features of the D35 is the reticle self centers after you zero it! To get the reticle in the center of the view finder on the NV008S you have to shim the base mount or get one of the adjustable bases that seem to only be available overseas! The NV008S is much more compact, but beyond that, it doesn't have much more going for it over the D35.