All Things PARD Night Vision & Thermal Optics - Master Thread

The engineer has given me a new version. You can contact me by email and I will send you the modified firmware. [email protected]
I answered you back in an email regarding the last firmware update you just sent. My scope wouldn’t download it like it has the other update prior. The latest one says it’s an RAR file. The others prior that download without a problem were bin files; I don’t know if the difference between RAR and bin is the issue or not.

@rut A RAR file is a compression file like a .zip. You will need to uncompress the RAR and you should find a BIN file inside, which you can copy to the sd card etc. You will need software like WINRAR to decompress the file.
Thank you sir. I’m certainly not the most computer savvy person, so I guess I’ll have to research how to do it. Hopefully if @PARD_Tech reads this he can send me the unzipped file.

@PARD and @PARD_Tech....Similar request here for the DS35.....can we get a firmware upgrade to get 22.4x for the DS35? The fact that max magnification is 11.2 is the only reason why it's currently not mounted on any of my guns. Get me some 22.4x and I'll be sharing Pdog footage all summer, and that would even get me enough mag for recording some Ultimate Field Target action.
The night stalker also contains a 2x 4x 6x digital magnification, it is not an optical magnification

I sen it again
Ok. I loaded the bin file you just sent me onto an SD card, inserted it into my scope and nothing happens. The light does not blink indicating it is updating to the new firmware. My firmware shows the same as it has been (20231106). Something is not right, because it loaded the other version just fine.

Ok. I loaded the bin file you just sent me onto an SD card, inserted it into my scope and nothing happens. The light does not blink indicating it is updating to the new firmware. My firmware shows the same as it has been (20231106). Something is not right, because it loaded the other version just fine.
I had test it fished version 20240428

I’ve tried several times now to load this latest firmware update that you sent me to a micro SD card for my scope but nothing shows on the card after inserting it into the scope. I have loaded other firmware updates for this scope with no problems. This update is not loading to the card for some reason. Can you please look into this and resend it again?

I’ve tried several times now to load this latest firmware update that you sent me to a micro SD card for my scope but nothing shows on the card after inserting it into the scope. I have loaded other firmware updates for this scope with no problems. This update is not loading to the card for some reason. Can you please look into this and resend it again?
OK , Format the SD card in the device and copy the software

Ok. I formatted the SD card, loaded the file to it, and nothing loads to the scope when I install the card to the scope. Something is not right with the file; or it’s just not compatible with the scope. Below I’ve attached of a picture of what shows is downloaded to the card. This is getting frustrating. I’ve never had problems with earlier updates to the scope.

IMG_8173.jpeg

Last edited:
  • Wow
Reactions: WoodWelder
Ok. I formatted the SD card, loaded the file to it, and nothing loads to the scope when I install the card to the scope. Something is not right with the file; or it’s just not compatible with the scope. Below I’ve attached of a picture of what shows is downloaded to the card. This is getting frustrating. I’ve never had problems with earlier updates to the scope.

View attachment 468613
If your device can record video, it means that the SD card is being read. If it cannot record video, it must be a motherboard failure.

If your device can record video, it means that the SD card is being read. If it cannot record video, it must be a motherboard failure.
My card does record video. But for whatever reason the new firmware update will not load into my scope. The light does not come on. I’ve tried several different cards, and the firmware update still does not work. My scope still shows the older version 20231106 that I loaded a few months ago.

Last edited:
are you sure the file is :

in its pure form ( some times a firmware come as a ZIP file )
The firmware is the correct name ( in dashcams most often something.bin ) if you have several DL of the file your computer will tag on a (1) suffix and this mean if the file are not the correct name it will not read.
Also i have had problems updating dashcams with a big memory card, so i have always used old 8 - 16 GB ones for firmware updates.

are you sure the file is :

in its pure form ( some times a firmware come as a ZIP file )
The firmware is the correct name ( in dashcams most often something.bin ) if you have several DL of the file your computer will tag on a (1) suffix and this mean if the file are not the correct name it will not read.
Also i have had problems updating dashcams with a big memory card, so i have always used old 8 - 16 GB ones for firmware updates.
It shows as a bin file. I had no problem loading the other firmware update prior to this one.

Reactions: Peashooter
Are you sure it is the correct file, i have seen dashcam users pick the wrong firmware file, one belonging to another model, and so the boot loader prevent it from loading.
I don’t know if it’s the right file or not. I was sent the 20231106 version a while back and it loaded perfectly. I’m thinking it’s the wrong one though, since it does nothing.

You can always try to flash the same firmware you already have on the thing, just to see if that will take, and so things should be sort of alright.

Working with dashcam companies i have some times been so deep that i would have to load a boot loader first and then a firmware after that, but that is mostly very much so preproduction hardware.

I have not kept up with this thread so not even aware what hardware it is you have, i am talking in general here pulling on experience from other kinds of cameras.
Also have a little CCTV camera knowledge, been dabbling in those to for a few years, but in this environment never worked with companies.

You can always try to flash the same firmware you already have on the thing, just to see if that will take, and so things should be sort of alright.

Working with dashcam companies i have some times been so deep that i would have to load a boot loader first and then a firmware after that, but that is mostly very much so preproduction hardware.

I have not kept up with this thread so not even aware what hardware it is you have, i am talking in general here pulling on experience from other kinds of cameras.
Also have a little CCTV camera knowledge, been dabbling in those to for a few years, but in this environment never worked with companies.
Thanks Peashooter, but I have no clue what flash the same firmware even means. The same firmware ( version 20231106) is still showing in the menu that I loaded into the scope a while back. And that version loaded without a problem. Pretty irritating not being able to update to correct the issue I’m having with the scope that I mentioned back in this thread.