All things Rabbit...post your rabbit hunts here :-)

Need to get a new scope to mount this Tactacam on...the retical illumination dial is in the way on this one so it's not mounted properly so apologize for the not so good video. Hope people post more vids and pics here of their rabbit shots so don't have to keep jumping to different threads. Rabbit was about 60 yards away and my zero is farther out so I used hash mark for zero. 60 gn Thor Press slug... 954 muzzle velocity hit shoulder and exited opposite shoulder. Dropped immediately not flinching

1000003439.jpg

1000003440.jpg

Reactions: AmosBurton
Posted this about a month ago.

Hunting Bonds

The year was 1973, me being 12.
In the rugged desert of Southern Idaho, where sagebrush stretched across the rolling hills and basalt with my best childhood friend and I embarked on countless hunting adventures. Our bond was forged in the fresh county air, our footsteps through... https://www.airgunnation.com/threads/another-hunting-story.1312876/

When it snows and you just happen to walk up to a rabbit and wonder why someone would put a fake rabbit there on the edge of the woods...
And then it hits you! That's not a statue, there's no snow on it! It's just a rabbit doing it's best to be a statue!
And it's less than 10' away when you have a 36yd zero...
Aim down the barrel and call it good!
DCC240CB-4CDE-4A1A-BE54-8D28951BF844_1_105_c.jpeg

Went out late was already getting dark but spotted this guy, dropped down to prone cause I'm not taking an offhand headshot at 60 yards on a rabbit (wish I was that good)

Vulcan 3 30 cal 55gn @ 960 fps slug made on my Thor Press

Recorded this on tactacam, still getting used to it, when using the phone app you can get a clearer picture because sometime it looks great through the scope but the vid isn't so clear on the phone. Didn't have time to fine tune it on the phone app. Also not great pic because low light.

1000003534.jpg

1000003536.jpg

1000003535.jpg

Need to get a new scope to mount this Tactacam on...the retical illumination dial is in the way on this one so it's not mounted properly so apologize for the not so good video. Hope people post more vids and pics here of their rabbit shots so don't have to keep jumping to different threads. Rabbit was about 60 yards away and my zero is farther out so I used hash mark for zero. 60 gn Thor Press slug... 954 muzzle velocity hit shoulder and exited opposite shoulder. Dropped immediately not flinching

View attachment 471206

View attachment 471207
Wow, that’s some pretty impressive terminal ballistics!

Those look like some big rabbits
They were adults for sure. I just popped a little one a few minutes ago. Was out talking with the neighbor ladies and saw a little one nibbling on the neighbor ladies flowers. She looked at me and said get it, cleared it with the other neighbors there....and grabbed the Leshiy. 20 yards and a predator pellet to the head stopped the little guy.

Best part was none of the ladies herd the shot. So that's a plus