Western Airguns All Things Western Rattler 357 & 45 - Master Thread

Testing different slugs in the 357 rattler:

I saw those videos and it had me wondering. You never know which shape of slug it will or won't like. It could be that even if I size mine down to .452 or .454, they still might be inaccurate. If that's the case, I will have been better off finding a better, swage-able shape and getting it made in the appropriate diameter swage die from the start rather than wasting money on reducers.

If anyone has reducers that would size down either my .46 or .457 slugs to .452 and or .454, definitely let me know, even better if you also have a long strike. Even if you don't, I'd be willing to compensate someone for reducing some and then sending them to someone else with a long strike who is also gracious enough to help, or maybe I'll have one by then, as i am going to get one regardless if my slugs work well or if i have to find something else. I have a good feeling that my slug shape will work OK, but you never know. The good news is I can at least make a variety of lengths and weights.

Side note on the mr hollow point videos...

His chrono reads too fast. His 357 video showed it doing 300fpe which is absurd for a stock rattler. Gotta push every last drop just to get to the advertised 270fpe.
It would also be prudent to be mindful of his terminology. He calls parts of the rifle by misnomers that do not correspond to terms in the owner's manual.