All this talk about the Panthera not being a hunting gun cracks me up.

Curious, what is this PSR competition thing ? how does it work ?

Think of it as long range field target with many difficult positions, ergonomics is king.

Last edited:
wRm7uIS.jpg

My preferred Airgun of choice. My first was the Cayden. Too long and too heavy. I want something light, reasonably short and has good capacity.

I'm a small game hunter, So I don't need the any of the features the FX Panthera offers. Like I said, the Market will decide.

wRm7uIS.jpg

My preferred Airgun of choice. My first was the Cayden. Too long and too heavy. I want something light, reasonably short and has good capacity.

I'm a small game hunter, So I don't need the any of the features the FX Panthera offers. Like I said, the Market will decide.
nice gun what is it ? I like it

My caiman is longer than the panthera 500? you wanna put your money where your mouth is? because that simply is not true at all, its the shortest rifle on the market.

I do understand, what I am saying is this, it has no ill effect on me, for the ranges im shooting at 0 to 100, its not a concern.
My marauder was bought not as a walking rifle, I would hate to walk with that, its too long. Ive said this from the beginning, maybe you just dont pay attention.
No comment on the new Panthera here. But the Mrod that I had was a miserable hunting rifle. My best small game hunter was the Talonp. It weighs like 4.7 pounds stock I think. 12" barrel. Smaller airguns for hunting (in length) and lighter is preferable for me. I currently have a Brocock Concept Lite XR but that Atomic would be even better with the weight/size requirements I have for hunting. When I do go hunting I am hiking a LOT so the airgun needs to be light, small, and tough (holding zero even after dropping it and hitting it against something). The American Air Arms 22 mini looks to be the best of the best in that genre, as well as the Leshiy 2. But to each their own. I know guys that love hunting with the Mrod. More power to them for having a 9+ pound rifle. I am younger and still find myself complaining.

Last edited by a moderator:
I guess the FX Impact .357 isn't a hunting gun either then.

Nor the Dreamline .30
This was never implied, at anytime, by anyone, so with this question asked, if you all don’t mind, I’ll bow out as I find myself also getting sucked in to the “whose on first?” Shenanigans. Big circle jerk I feel like I got pulled into.

I’m done participating on any Panthera threads moving forward. I see success with this gun in the hands of very capable people, using it for all matters airgunning. I plan on getting one of these in my hands one day, mainly to see the inner workings

This was never implied, at anytime, by anyone, so with this question asked, if you all don’t mind, I’ll bow out as I find myself also getting sucked in to the “whose on first?” Shenanigans. Big circle jerk I feel like I got pulled into.

I’m done participating on any Panthera threads moving forward. I see success with this gun in the hands of very capable people, using it for all matters airgunning. I plan on getting one of these in my hands one day, mainly to see the inner workings
At some point this thread feels like a big troll… hunt with whatever is legal… Manny specializes in these types of threads. Then he can impart his hunting wisdom on us with his replies.

At some point this thread feels like a big troll… hunt with whatever is legal… Manny specializes in these types of threads. Then he can impart his hunting wisdom on us with his replies.
😂 😂 😂 😂 😂 😂....... Ho yeah we sure are on completely different planets when it comes to airgun hunting.

• Haha
Reactions: qball and L.Leon