All this talk about the Panthera not being a hunting gun cracks me up.

At the same time there are plenty of people bringing up plausible points and they too could see the claims as it being "the perfect" hunter just as unsubstantiated.
I was just about to type that but you beat me to it. All of the conjecture is unsubstantiated about it's performance until we get people with it in their hands. I won't form an opinion on it till I've seen one and shot it, but calling it the perfect hunting airgun is as unsubstantiated as any comment. Time will tell. My only point is why not invest in something you believe in. You can buy one, demo it, and move it along if you don't like it.

Reactions: _CTAIRGUNNER_
So you think that a slug traveling at those speeds is necessary for a shot made 6-8 yards away? That sounds absolutely ludicrous to me. Or maybe you are just referencing the numbers but they have no persuasion in your want/like for the panthera.

The scope on my caiman which I could put on my uragan and be happy with is small, light and compact, to match the small compact rifle, it can focus down to 3 yards....

To me walking around with a long rifle in "tight" conditions sounds cumbersome and another thing i need to pay attention to, with the exception of my marauder walking and carrying any of my rifles i do not have to worry about banging the barrel or any of the rifle off anything i myself wouldnt walk into or get it tangled up in the thick. With a 38 inch long rifle I can tell you that wouldn't be the case (I am only 5'7'')
It's the power I'm interested being that I hunt hogs I just put these numbers down as reference I usually set my guns at 900 fps so I would use heavier bullets.
I also am 5'7" and no gun in these sizes ever been a problem hunting thick environmens,.....good thing with the Pantera that the barrel is solidly secured so if you bang it, no worries 😂 one more plus I forgot to mention

It's the power I'm interested being that I hunt hogs I just put these numbers down as reference I usually set my guns at 900 fps so I would use heavier bullets.
I also am 5'7" and no gun in these sizes ever been a problem hunting thick environmens,.....good thing with the Pantera that the barrel is solidly secured so if you bang it, no worries 😂 one more plus I forgot to mention

Personally I like what FX did with it and I am not an fx fan, I have owned 3 and built 1 slug gun that performed and shot slugs better than this, over the summer I was shooting an MK2 out to 265 yards consistently/repeatedly. That being said the range thing doesn't do it for me as I have moved on from paper shooting and to me there are tons of rifles that are simpler, smaller, and equally as powerful for 0-100 hunting I do.

Reactions: Nomadic Pirate 66
At the same time there are plenty of people bringing up plausible points and they too could see the claims as it being "the perfect" hunter just as unsubstantiated.
After doing this for a long, long time and having tried a lot of guns I can tell by the form of the Panthera that it would make a perfect hunter,...but I also said for my applications, never said a perfect huner foe everyone ;)

After doing this for a long, long time and having tried a lot of guns I can tell by the form of the Panthera that it would make a perfect hunter,...but I also said for my applications, never said a perfect huner foe everyone ;)
Perfect for who? exactly, you said it. So to that point, others who say it wouldn't be are just as valid no? so that makes this entire thread void.

Personally I like what FX did with it and I am not an fx fan, I have owned 3 and built 1 slug gun that performed and shot slugs better than this, over the summer I was shooting an MK2 out to 265 yards consistently/repeatedly. That being said the range thing doesn't do it for me as I have moved on from paper shooting and to me there are tons of rifles that are simpler, smaller, and equally as powerful for 0-100 hunting I do.
Yes that is why my line up is made by 600 bucks rifles that are simple and rugged,....again I don't need nor want a regulated gun long term

Perfect for who? exactly, you said it. So to that point, others who say it wouldn't be are just as valid no? so that makes this entire thread void.
It's the blanket statements that it's not a hunting gun that people make that get me,.....I just say not true since I know for a fact it would be perfect "FOR ME" I'm very careful not to make blanket statements and try remember everytime to finish with "for my application" ...if I forgot that then I apologize but I must have repeated it a million times already 😂

I don’t believe anyone is saying that the Panthera “cannot be used for hunting”. It just wasn’t built with that “purpose” in mind. FX has clearly stated why they built it. That some will hunt and pest with it? Of course they will and its all good.
Of course, is when people come out and say things like " this is not a gun for hunting" and there's been quite afew making that clear statement,

All I'm saying is that is not accurate, like in my case it would be an excellent platform for hunting and I bet you it will be in many more istances........as we will see in the future, I'm confident of that 😂

This is a crazy post. There will always be those who prefer short compact light weight air rifles over traditional length heavier rifles. By traditional length I mean powder burner rifles having typical 24-25” barrels and conventional stocks making them around 44” OAL and around 6 pounds before scope For those who have forgotten what normal hunting gun lengths are. My 500mm GRS Dreamline is 44” with moderator And is too butt heavy. I recently purchased the Wildcat Mk3 Bottle with 600mm barrel. It is 36” with moderator. I tried the Maverick compact before that and did not like the balance. Too heavy in the rear And could not shoot it well off hand. But the Wildcat isn’t much better even with the metal bottle And longer barreI. I have shot off hand competition for years from .22 lr , high power rifle, to black powder long rifles and do best with a 50/50 balanced rifle to slightly heavier in the front. Any dedicated off hand competitor will tell you your better off with some weight forward as it helps steady the gun. I try to take advantage of a rest when hunting like a tree but things pop up and you don’t always have the opportunity to move to the closest tree without spooking the quarry. That’s why I now use a monopod shooting stick . I personally am attracted to this new FX Panthera platform as the length doesn’t bother me at all for a hunting gun And can be balanced with weights . Hell I prefer hunting with my 41 to 44” barrel muzzle loaders than any other guns I owne. I have no problem pushing through the thick multi floral rose and briars in my neck of the woods in PA. This Panthers new block and valve sounds like it may offer better consistency which equals better accuracy which everybody is after. The FX videos mention this is the first of other versions on the new block. I can see them coming out with a shorter compact versions for those of you who must have a under 34” hunting rifle. As far as the small 300cc bottle goes, it suits me just fine. I guess I just haven’t found that dream hunting woods where I get over 50 shots on a days hunt. I have extra bottle just in case!

Outside of gunning the feed lot or the silos, the only time that I want the mega shot count is from the bench. If I am shooting from a bench, I got a bottle close. When I am shooting the feed lot, I got a bottle close.... hmmmmmm

Ohhhhh nooooooo you don't, you guys are not talking me into getting one of those contraptions!!
You guys are a crafty lot, but I am on to you!
🤣

I ordered my panther(a) today from Tom at High Pressure pneumatics. For my situation owning/managing two Chestnut orchards, shooting tree rats at 10 to 200 yards the Pant(h)era looks terrific. I don’t need huge shot counts, but I do need something with very good power that’ll shoot heavier slugs on an often windy Lake Michigan coast. Will I walk the woods much with it - no probably not - I’ve got a 380 crown for that but it will be sitting in my blinds in both orchards hopefully yet this winter if I’m lucky enough to get the gun before season ends. And could I get the job done with many other guns like an M3 or maverick yes but at 6 foot five with ape arms I pretty much hate bull pups. Yes, a purpose built gun, but for me not NRL or PRS, but for squirrel killing.

I ordered my panther(a) today from Tom at High Pressure pneumatics. For my situation owning/managing two Chestnut orchards, shooting tree rats at 10 to 200 yards the Pant(h)era looks terrific. I don’t need huge shot counts, but I do need something with very good power that’ll shoot heavier slugs on an often windy Lake Michigan coast. Will I walk the woods much with it - no probably not - I’ve got a 380 crown for that but it will be sitting in my blinds in both orchards hopefully yet this winter if I’m lucky enough to get the gun before season ends. And could I get the job done with many other guns like an M3 or maverick yes but at 6 foot five with ape arms I pretty much hate bull pups. Yes, a purpose built gun, but for me not NRL or PRS, but for squirrel killing.
Do you ever worry about the slugs coming down on someone? Or Ricochets? Or is it a rather large farm where that doesn't factor into the equation? Having moved to Florida, despite the forests, I still think about what I can't see the older I get.

Reactions: _CTAIRGUNNER_