All this talk about the Panthera not being a hunting gun cracks me up.

Do you ever worry about the slugs coming down on someone? Or Ricochets? Or is it a rather large farm where that doesn't factor into the equation? Having moved to Florida, despite the forests, I still think about what I can't see the older I get.
Valid point, but for my situation, not really an issue - as you say one farm is 80ac the other 30, with woods surrounding both orchards - thus lots of squirrels - only one neighbor at one orchard - obviously I don’t shoot anywhere near their place even though they’re quite a long ways away. I recognize that I have a very unique / specific application for this gun.

Valid point, but for my situation, not really an issue - as you say one farm is 80ac the other 30, with woods surrounding both orchards - thus lots of squirrels - only one neighbor at one orchard - obviously I don’t shoot anywhere near their place even though they’re quite a long ways away. I recognize that I have a very unique / specific application for this gun.
I wasn't assuming anything about your shooting situation just fyi. Mostly thinking about that issue for me. The forests are so thick here that I need to find a permission, perhaps something I have to pay for.

That sounds like an awesome spot you have. Good on you.

Reactions: cra627
Do you ever worry about the slugs coming down on someone? Or Ricochets? Or is it a rather large farm where that doesn't factor into the equation? Having moved to Florida, despite the forests, I still think about what I can't see the older I get.
Did you hear those ricochets in the iguana video?

What iguana video?

In the area they are in this is all well and good, however, all I can hear are ricochets. Way over powered for what they are doing/need. In the end he says "I cant think of a better rifle to do this with" looking at how long that is, the distances they are shooting, and what they are shooting , theres a million better ones I could think of that id rather use.

In the area they are in this is all well and good, however, all I can hear are ricochets. Way over powered for what they are doing/need. In the end he says "I cant think of a better rifle to do this with" looking at how long that is, the distances they are shooting, and what they are shooting , theres a million better ones I could think of that id rather use.
Gotcha. Honestly with the iguanas they have very soft skin (I had one as a pet for years). I think a lower powered pellet (not slug) airgun is more "perfect" and safer for that specific task. Shoot safe!

Last edited by a moderator:
The parroting about the Panthera not being fit to be a hunting gun is just so funny to watch

the 500 is 38" long...that is shorter then the majority of rifles and not much longer then a lot of Pups that come in at 35-36" often

the 600 is 43" long and that is on par with the vast majority of rifles out there,...right on par.

So all this talk is utter nonsense,...Once again I take a Panthera in either 500 or 600 suped up to hunt my thick bush/jungle envinroment anyday over a Pup, anyday.

I'm not sure I have heard this "you can not hunt with the Panthera" argument even once. It seems like you started this argument so you could give your rebuttal for it and tell us all that you know the length of rifles?!?

But in the future if this argument comes up....I will send this link to people. Way to be proactive.

Reactions: qball and L.Leon
I'm not sure I have heard this "you can not hunt with the Panthera" argument even once. It seems like you started this argument so you could give your rebuttal for it and tell us all that you know the length of rifles?!?

But in the future if this argument comes up....I will send this link to people. Way to be proactive.
Well, just go back to the many threds about the Panthera stated last week and you will find many post with the quote " Not a hunting gun " or something long these lines,...and that is why I'm cracking up 😂 and laughing.

Reactions: qball
They(the forum critics)mainly said it wasn’t designed for “their type”(key words)hunting, because of the bottle size, but FX and others in the PRS know made it clear that the shot count offered in that size bottle was adequate for what it was designed for. No where did FX themselves discourage it’s use for hunting, which was proven by an iguana video presented.

The forum critics that said “it wasn’t for them”(key words) also pointed that the Panthera was too long for “their type of hunting”, as most of these guys favor the compact versions of whatever FX they already owned.

Anything that hurls something with enough force can be used for hunting, but was it designed for it originally? I don’t think David’s slingshot was meant to kill Goliath but it did.

Heck, once I upset my wife by badgering her while she was knelt down packing up her work satchel. I sat on the couch behind her five feet just talking smack, antagonizing her, and finally she did a quick 1/4 turn(without facing me)and hucked a freshly sharpened #2 Ticonderoga pencil at me and stuck it in my forehead like a dart on a dart board! I was screaming with this pencil bobbing up and down! She freaking could’ve killed me if that was a throat shot!! But that wasn’t what a pencil was designed for, was it, lol

To finalize, a high dollar Thomas gun could easily take out small game, but that’s not what it was designed for. But if I choose to buy a Thomas for squirrel hunting that’s my choice as a buyer.

Last edited:
I just find it so funny how only Pups qualify has hunting guns for so many people nowadays,....with all the shortcomings that Pups carry but still, ho well.
Manny, your style hunting allows for a long gun. Let me know if I’m wrong, but going off of your past hunt pics and stories, it appears to me that you are a sniper to these hogs. You sit patiently awaiting for them to show up on a pathway you’ve studied, and you got there early to set up.

Most of the guys on here(and YOU ALL let me know if I’m wrong) based on their stories hsve guns set up by doorways, windows, awaiting for the opportunity on the chicken thief or crop terrorizer. Mainly grab n go, or run n gun guys. So a compact or even a 600 barrel version is ideal.

Have you ever held a compact impact, or even a 600mm barrel version of an FX? If not, you will be surprised. I know I was, the day Matt at JSAR handed me an impact at their shop back in 2019 just for a touchey/feeley. I was on my way to buy my first FX from an AGN member, a wildcat MK2, and decided to stop in and visit. Up till that point I had never held anything FX.

Here’s another perfect example- those leshy’s. Never was attracted to one, and two weeks ago a member named REDTICK brought his over to show me his model. All it took was one shot, and now I see why it has a big fan base. Accurate too that thing is! At 100 yards in the offhand position Redtick unloaded the mag out to 100 yards on my 2 3/8” diameter steel fence post! I kept hearing that district lead to steel TING! noise. And he did it with open sights! In the rain!!

Do I want one? YES! Will I buy one? Probably not, but I’ll never tell myself when I see others talk about their Lesheys “what’s the big deal with those, anyway”

Last edited:
Manny, your style hunting allows for a long gun. Let me know if I’m wrong, but going off of you last hunt pics and stories, it appears to me that you are a sniper to these hogs. You sit patiently awaiting them to show up on a pathway you’ve studied, and got there early to set up.

Most of the guys on here(and YOU ALL let me know if I’m wrong) based on their stories hsve guns set up by doorways, windows, awaiting for the opportunity on the chicken thief or crop terrorizer. Mainly grab n go.

Have you ever held a compact impact, or even a 600mm barrel version of an FX? If not, you will be surprised. I know I was, the day Matt at JSAR handed me an impact at their shop back in 2019. I was on my way to buy my first fix, a wildcat MK2, and decided to stop in and visit. Up till that point I had never held anything FX.

Here’s another perfect example- those leshy’s. Never was attracted to one, and two weeks ago a member named REDTICK brought his over to show me. All it took was one shot, and now I see why it has a big fan base. Accurate too thst thing is! At 100 yards in the offhand position Redtick unloaded the mag out to 100 yards on my 2 3/8” diameter steel fence post! I kept hearing that district lead to steel TING! noise. And he did it With open sights!

Do I want one? YES! Will I buy one? Probably not, but I’ll never tell myself when I see others talk about their Lesheys “what’s the big deal with those, anyway”
Actually the vast majority of my hunting is walking and stalking, yes occasionally I do the blind hunt but mainly is walking around and having to take shots as the appear.

And I had a bunch of Bullpups, maybe 7 or 8 I got on the Pup craze way before FX even started making Pups, I even put my Marlin 60 in a Bullpup stock because I was going all out on Pups, until I realised that a standard rifle is more conducive to take shots that can be as close as 6-8 yards or as long as 40 and it does not take anyrhing away in manuvrability in the the thik conditions I operate.

I have to give an advantage to Pups and that is you can carry them in a one point sling and have both arms free to navigate seriously tough terrain,....but I can do that with my shortish carbines.

As for any other FX gun ? no way,....I really abuse my rifles in the field, lean them agains trees and rocks by the barrel pick them up by the barrel and so on, I need rifles with a solid barrel system and that is why I have what I have and why I like the Panthera

Last edited:
I felt like Ted gave the Edgun Leshiy a subtlety biased review. He kept mentioning how niche it was. But I'm sure he's not gonna stress how niche the panthera is.

Paraphrasing below on his review on the leshiy

"It's niche" "not gonna be for everyone" "first PCP, heck no, "no way Jose, it's niche" "unwieldy" to describe shouldering ... "Trigger snobs not gonna like it" Also showed a terrible group with the leshiy due to wind he says. Not saying he gave a fully negative review, he mentioned some positive things about the Leshiy. But it seemed for every positive he gave he downplayed it with a negative, or started with a negative then said something positive. Not saying he is being dishonest, in fact he could very well have been 100% honest but I FEEL he put it in a bad spotlight as opposed to how he prob would have put an FX airgun. I could be wrong though. Perhaps he is just as critical of FX airguns when he reviews them. I will have to go back and watch his other reviews but that's for another day.

Back to the panthera yeah it seems niche to me, but again I could be wrong. All speculation and gut feeling on my side right now

Reactions: fatmatic