All this talk about the Panthera not being a hunting gun cracks me up.

I just find it so funny how only Pups qualify has hunting guns for so many people nowadays,....with all the shortcomings that Pups carry but still, ho well.
I’m pretty sure Airforce still has quite a market share on hunting guns. But since it’s not the latest/coolest it’s not in the limelight anymore. The panther may be good for hunting because of power and being a non-pup but Airforce has a lot more power options available.

Point being, I don’t feel like ‘hunting’ should be so generalized. Maybe qualify it with squirrel/pesting/hog/deer or something.

I like the panther, will see how it does when it hits the masses.

Dave

Reactions: _CTAIRGUNNER_
This is the longest version of the rifle but even with a barrel 6-7 inches shorter, still too long for a lot of people who walk and hunt (that ive talked to anyways). I am starting to wonder if @AirArcher66 is trolling us tbh

And get this, I was just talking to another member here how if I was going to get a rifle specifically for bench shooting, as much as I despise the FX way, THE PANTHERA IS THE ONE ID PROBABLY GO WITH!!!

Screenshot_20221215_034614_Instagram.jpg

Ya lost me here, like , completely lol.
A gun that has a scope close to the bore is way more conducive to hunting where your shot opportunity might nary from 6 yards to 40 + yards compared to a gun that has a scope high over the bore like Pups have to since your cheek trsy is the action.

That is why I take a 40" rifle rather then a Pup for hunting, and the rifle does not hinder me none in the thick hunting areas I hunt

I have one Pup left and it only goes on Stands/blind hunts where the distance for the shot is consistent.

Reactions: qball
This is the longest version of the rifle but even with a barrel 6-7 inches shorter, still too long for a lot of people who walk and hunt (that ive talked to anyways). I am starting to wonder if @AirArcher66 is trolling us tbh

And get this, I was just talking to another member here how if I was going to get a rifle specifically for bench shooting, as much as I despise the FX way, THE PANTHERA IS THE ONE ID PROBABLY GO WITH!!!

View attachment 313798
That picture looks like it has something in front, a 38 " rifle is a 38" rifle the Panthera 500 is indeed a short rifle

A gun that has a scope close to the bore is way more conducive to hunting where your shot opportunity might nary from 6 yards to 40 + yards compared to a gun that has a scope high over the bore like Pups have to since your cheek trsy is the action.

That is why I take a 40" rifle rather then a Pup for hunting, and the rifle does not hinder me none in the thick hunting areas I hunt

I have one Pup left and it only goes on Stands/blind hunts where the distance for the shot is consistent.
I have zero issue cheeking my rifles for any shots, at any distances, I think when weighing it all out if this is the BIGGEST "why" to your equation then you sir are an odd man out and thats perfectly ok but I will take my caiman for a 6 yard shot any day of the week over an elephant trunk.

That picture looks like it has something in front, a 38 " rifle is a 38" rifle the Panthera 500 is indeed a short rifle
1 thats the 700mm version which I stated in that post, clearly you didn't read. 2 , a 38 inch rifle is not a short rifle, its all relative. Maybe to the unaverage 6'2'' human being sure, but to me IT ISNT.

Last edited:
I have zero issue cheeking my rifles for any shots, at any distances, I think when weighing it all out if this is the BIGGEST "why" to your equation then you sir are an odd man out and thats perfectly ok but I will take my caiman for a 6 yard shot any day of the week over an elephant trunk.
You clearly do not hundrstand, the high scope over the bore has a much bigger fluctuation in holdover and holdunder for distances that the rifle is not zeroed to compared to a gun with a scope super low to the bore,...that is the reason I prefer a rifle over a pup for hunting where shot opportunities come in a big variety of distances.

BTW your Cayman is longer then the Panthera 500 and your marauder is the same length of the Panthera 600 😂 😂😂.....

1 thats the 700mm version which I stated in that post, clearly you didn't read. 2 , a 38 inch rifle is not a short rifle, its all relative. Maybe to the unaverage 6'2'' human being sure, but to me IT ISNT.
I'm 5'7" and consider a 38" rifle pretty short. again that 700 has someting added to the front so it makes look even longer, you just focused so much on the 700 and that one is the one I've never, ever mentioned in any of my posts, I always talk about the 500 or the 600

seems like you are so angry and have so much blood flowing that is clouding your thoughts 😂

You clearly do not hundrstand, the high scope over the bore has a much bigger fluctuation in holdover and holdunder for distances that the rifle is not zeroed to compared to a gun with a scope super low to the bore,...that is the reason I prefer a rifle over a pup for hunting where shot opportunities come in a big variety of distances.

BTW your Cayman is longer then the Panthera 500 and your marauder is the same length of the Panthera 600 😂 😂😂.....
My caiman is longer than the panthera 500? you wanna put your money where your mouth is? because that simply is not true at all, its the shortest rifle on the market.

I do understand, what I am saying is this, it has no ill effect on me, for the ranges im shooting at 0 to 100, its not a concern.
My marauder was bought not as a walking rifle, I would hate to walk with that, its too long. Ive said this from the beginning, maybe you just dont pay attention.

Sorry, sorry my bad I thought Cayman was that Benjamin rifle for some reason, again sorry my bad.

You better know your holdover really well if your pup is zeroed at 25 yards and a shot presents at 6 yard because you will be way, way low on POI, I need to make quick precise shots on Wild hogs in dense conditions I have no time to think where my Holdover has to be I need to get that croshairs there quick and let it rip.

I will take my caiman for a 6 yard shot any day of the week over an elephant trunk.
😂 I don't know what kind of rifle the Caiman is ( I though was the Benjamin one ) but by the sound of it it seems like a low power rifle,.........so You would take that one for a 6 yards shot on a 200 pounds Wild boar on the ground over a 130 FPE .30 cal ?

Well , well I really like to see that come visit and I put you there so I can see it happening😂

....... would take that one for a 6 yards shot on a 200 pounds Wild boar on the ground over a 130 FPE .30 cal ?
6 yards Manny?!?!

With the Panthera 700mm you can just poke it with the end of the gun if it's that close!

Duct tape a knife on the end of that gun and you can bleed em out when the same thrust as the death stroke.

The gun was introduced as a purpose-built long-range competition bench gun. Any bashing outside of its intended use is kinda funny and unwarranted.

I like the power increase over my .30 MKII sniper, but this new platform is not the platform best suited for my needs as a hunter. I suspect FX will introduce this new breech power block into other platforms that are more suited for hunters like the awesome Impact platform.

We all understand we can hunt with a pointy stick. Some with more success than others. No one said the Panthera wasn’t able to hunt. I believe what said was that there are many better choices for hunting. Big ole non issue thread.
Guess we reading posts differently, seen plenty in the 6-8 threads running about the Panthera with quotes like " Not for hunting ! " ......" Not a hunting gun" or long those absolute lines

It's not a gun I would choose for hunting. And guess what? The Market will decide that, and I'll bet Ya dimes to donuts that it's a small market for these.

I'll review this thread about this time next year....when there all on discounted;)
Just out of curiosity, what is your hunting gun or guns ? what do you hunt and how ?

sincerely I'm curious, if I'm not mistaken you have one of those Crosman Turkish gun right ? ...I might be wrong tho, I am often 😂