All this talk about the Panthera not being a hunting gun cracks me up.

The parroting about the Panthera not being fit to be a hunting gun is just so funny to watch

the 500 is 38" long...that is shorter then the majority of rifles and not much longer then a lot of Pups that come in at 35-36" often

the 600 is 43" long and that is on par with the vast majority of rifles out there,...right on par.

So all this talk is utter nonsense,...Once again I take a Panthera in either 500 or 600 suped up to hunt my thick bush/jungle envinroment anyday over a Pup, anyday.

Last edited:
I never noticed any fluff negativity about the gun being used for hunting, in fact fx already did an iguana jungle hunt with it using 30 cal, and it was made comment that people will use this gun for whatever like we do with any gun. It’s all about sales and movement of product with the manufacturer.

LOL, it’s not like FX will have a form for one to fill out prior to buying, to make sure you’re only going to use it for PRS competitions like it was designed for.

I don’t know what it is about this platform, but between the last few guns that have been introduced in the recent years- the wildcat MK3, the maverick, the M3, and the wildcat MK3 BT, I’ve never seen so much chit chat that has led to chest puffing keyboarders like this gun. Don’t know why the ruckus. It’s just another fine, innovative product put out by FX.

I truly like FX as I own four platforms and will more than likely just stick to their guns altogether in the future, but I must say, it’s only been a couple of days since it’s(Panthera)intro and I’m burnt out reading the threads on it mainly because of the bad ruckus that eventually arises, in all the Panthera threads

Manny, when you buy one give us the run down on your impressions.

I did wonder about something after seeing excitement. Have you ever had a carbon fiber bottle gun before? I remember seeing pics of you going over mountains and so on with the little Rex shooter if I remember correctly. Have you ever damaged a carbon fiber bottle from falling on a rock or dropping the gun? I drop airguns sometimes so I am just curious why this PRS shooter is so attractive for you.

Thanks again
-Atlas

Reactions: _CTAIRGUNNER_
I never noticed any fluff negativity about the gun being used for hunting, in fact fx already did an iguana jungle hunt with it using 30 cal, and it was made comment that people will use this gun for whatever like we do with any gun. It’s all about sales and movement of product with the manufacturer.

LOL, it’s not like FX will have a form for one to fill out prior to buying, to make sure you’re only going to use it for PRS competitions like it was designed for.

I don’t know what it is about this platform, but between the last few guns that have been introduced in the recent years- the wildcat MK3, the maverick, the M3, and the wildcat MK3 BT, I’ve never seen so much chit chat that has led to chest puffing keyboarders like this gun. Don’t know why the ruckus. It’s just another fine, innovative product put out by FX.

I truly like FX as I own four platforms and will more than likely just stick to their guns altogether in the future, but I must say, it’s only been a couple of days since it’s(Panthera)intro and I’m burnt out reading the threads on it mainly because of the bad ruckus that eventually arises, in all the Panthera threads
Lol that form comment. Good post Augie.

Reactions: qball
I see no reason a Panthera could not be used for hunting. Not ideal for the air gun hunting I do, but I can easily see it working for low shot count situations.
There seems a tendency among air gunners that if a particular air gun does not meet their needs it is labeled a pice of junk. In reality, most work fine writhing the parameters they were designed to meet. Just not every gun suits every need and people tend to lose sight of that in our me first society.

My .30 uragan with the 580mm barrel is 32 inches OAL..... it is MOA at 100 yards with slugs.

All my other rifles aside from my maurader are even smaller.

Walking around with a 38" long rifle is not something I would like to do, I watched the iguana hunt video where they used the 500 and they stated, I cant think of a better rifle to do this with and I instantly thought of an easy 10. ESPECIALLY for iguana.

Im not saying it cant be used for a hunting rifle but IMO for air rifle hunting there is a good sized handful of better options.

Just seems big TO ME and my liking

Last edited:
Reactions: Deleted 45061

I did wonder about something after seeing excitement. Have you ever had a carbon fiber bottle gun before? I remember seeing pics of you going over mountains and so on with the little Rex shooter if I remember correctly. Have you ever damaged a carbon fiber bottle from falling on a rock or dropping the gun? I drop airguns sometimes so I am just curious why this PRS shooter is so attractive for you.

Thanks again
-Atlas
He’ll never buy one, as it’s regulated. He just made comment a week ago in his regulator leak fiasco that he’d never own a regulated gun again, lol.

Reactions: Nomadic Pirate 66
I see no reason a Panthera could not be used for hunting. Not ideal for the air gun hunting I do, but I can easily see it working for low shot count situations.
There seems a tendency among air gunners that if a particular air gun does not meet their needs it is labeled a pice of junk. In reality, most work fine writhing the parameters they were designed to meet. Just not every gun suits every need and people tend to lose sight of that in our me first society.
I don't label things junk and so on. People don't need to brand bash. If something doesn't meet their needs keep scrolling and vote with the billfold. Will I be buying a Panthera? No. Am I curious about it's performance? Yes. I have some good friends that only buy FX so I will get my hands on it and check it out but until then I have no opinion on it except for conceptual questions. I would like to see some schematics on it so I can see a bit more under the hood.

Reactions: qball
Junk? Nope.......

Well suited to anything I would use it for presently? Nope.....

I will not be totally dismissive of it until I see a few members get theirs. There may very well be a configuration that triggers the old 'WOW that's cool' reflex.
Then again, it may start dominating at long range and become THE rifle to have for ELR, who knows.

If nothing else, FX has mastered the art of polarizing a forum! ;)

Thanks again
-Atlas
As for buying one I cab safely say not a chance, but I would love to field test one ;)

I had the WAR .30 in for field resting for a rew months with the Carbon bottle, I didn't know they where more delicate then other bottles.

Its so attractive because of the power, the low profile, the weight more towars the back and the accuracy.

He’ll never buy one, as it’s regulated. He just made comment a week ago in his regulator leak fiasco that he’d never own a regulated gun again, lol.
Yeah never been a fan of regulated guns, and I really don't need them for what I do so no reason for the extra money or the extra parts in the gun.;)

As for buying one I cab safely say not a chance, but I would love to field test one ;)

I had the WAR .30 in for field resting for a rew months with the Carbon bottle, I didn't know they where more delicate then other bottles.

Its so attractive because of the power, the low profile, the weight more towars the back and the accuracy.
Personally I like to put my money where my mouth is. If you like it you should buy it, rather than trying to get one free. If it's the best for your application, why wouldn't you want it? You can sell some of your collection and come up with the funds I am sure.

My uragan .30 580mm barrel is 32 inches..... it is MOA at 100 yards with slugs.

Walking around with a 38" long rifle is not something I would like to do, I watched the iguana hunt video where they used the 500 and they stated, I cant think of a better rifle to do this with and I instantly thought of an easy 10. ESPECIALLY for iguana.

Im not saying it cant be used for a hunting rifle but IMO for air rifle hunting there is a good sized handful of better options.

580 = 22.8"
just noting the error in length :unsure:

My uragan .30 580mm barrel is 32 inches..... it is MOA at 100 yards with slugs.

The Uragan is an other gun I would absolutely love to field test in .30 cal

Last night after yet an other comment about the Panthera no been suited for huntin I had to do a little checking on rifles dimentions:

lets get a couple from the popular Crosman line up, Marauder and Kratos borh 43" like the 600 and 5" longer then the 500

I checked the Maverick and it's 36" a wopping 2" shorter then the 500

I checked a bunch more and the trend is there, pretty much these are the dimentions.

My small bores Rainstorms are 39" and I think the .30 are 41 maybe 42" and I have had no problems whatsoever using them for hunting in the tight conditions I have here in the standard thick rain forest/bush/jungle ....it varies on different sides of the Island,
I love short guns, but I take a longer one with a low profile and the scope smack on the bore over a Pup anyday for the type of hunting I do where my shot apportunity might come quick and anywhere from 6-8 yards to 40+ and occasionally 50+ in few occasion, A precision rifle like the Panthera shooting a good bullet 50gr @ 1000 fps for the 500 and 60gr @ 1000 fps for the 600 would really be the ticket for me.

The Uragan is an other gun I would absolutely love to field test in .30 cal

Last night after yet an other comment about the Panthera no been suited for huntin I had to do a little checking on rifles dimentions:

lets get a couple from the popular Crosman line up, Marauder and Kratos borh 43" like the 600 and 5" longer then the 500

I checked the Maverick and it's 36" a wopping 2" shorter then the 500

I checked a bunch more and the trend is there, pretty much these are the dimentions.

My small bores Rainstorms are 39" and I think the .30 are 41 maybe 42" and I have had no problems whatsoever using them for hunting in the tight conditions I have here in the standard thick rain forest/bush/jungle ....it varies on different sides of the Island,
I love short guns, but I take a longer one with a low profile and the scope smack on the bore over a Pup anyday for the type of hunting I do where my shot apportunity might come quick and anywhere from 6-8 yards to 40+ and occasionally 50+ in few occasion, A precision rifle like the Panthera shooting a good bullet 50gr @ 1000 fps for the 500 and 60gr @ 1000 fps for the 600 would really be the ticket for me.
So you think that a slug traveling at those speeds is necessary for a shot made 6-8 yards away? That sounds absolutely ludicrous to me. Or maybe you are just referencing the numbers but they have no persuasion in your want/like for the panthera.

The scope on my caiman which I could put on my uragan and be happy with is small, light and compact, to match the small compact rifle, it can focus down to 3 yards....

To me walking around with a long rifle in "tight" conditions sounds cumbersome and another thing i need to pay attention to, with the exception of my marauder walking and carrying any of my rifles i do not have to worry about banging the barrel or any of the rifle off anything i myself wouldnt walk into or get it tangled up in the thick. With a 38 inch long rifle I can tell you that wouldn't be the case (I am only 5'7'')

Personally I like to put my money where my mouth is. If you like it you should buy it, rather than trying to get one free. If it's the best for your application, why wouldn't you want it? You can sell some of your collection and come up with the funds I am sure.
Again I would not want one long term and I would never spend 2 grand on a gun, but I can tell it would make a perfect hunter,.....just have to laugh at those that try put the gun down, I find the comments really unsubstancieted.

Again I would not want one long term and I would never spend 2 grand on a gun, but I can tell it would make a perfect hunter,.....just have to laugh at those that try put the gun down, I find the comments really unsubstancieted.

At the same time there are plenty of people bringing up plausible points and they too could see the claims as it being "the perfect" hunter just as unsubstantiated.