N/A Almost silent PCP

The slower the pellet, and more efficient the gun, the quieter things will be. This can be applied to nearly all air guns with reasonable barrel length, ie: 500mm or more.

Shooting 550-650 fps is incredibly quiet.

The more unreasonably long the moderator the even more 'suppressed' the muzzle noise will become, to the point you vaguely here it and the pellet smacking the target becomes predominant.

You shoot a pellet slow enough it'll sound like you threw it across the yard...

-Matt

Reactions: Ghostranger169
Noise within a regulated airguns action is basically determined by the force required to open the valve, so if you have a conventional valve, you'll likely here a ding from the hammer smacking the valve stem to unseat the poppet to get air flowing, even balanced valves require quite a bit of hammer and spring to actuate.

Needless to say no mechanical valve operates quieter than a pilot valve that runs on 3-4 grams of hammer and 3-4 lbs of hammer spring. While it doesn't contribute primarily to known 'gun shot' noises that may disturb neighbors, it certainly was always an issue for me until I arrived at this valve, which...if you think balanced valves are quiet or anything you shot has a quiet action that is not electronic, you're selling yourself short, and if you have shot an electronic rifle, pilot valve actions are basically that quiet, just...muzzle and pellet noise.

-Matt

Hi Friends,

So I have recently moved to the Seattle area and have a place with a nice visually private backyard, however I still have neighbors on all three sides. I'd love to shoot in my space, but don't want to alert anyone.

I've figured out my almost silent backstop but now need a almost silent pcp. My current stock dosent really cut it, and the only 2 candidate guns I have that could fit the bill are a Prod and slavia 618.

Do you have any suggestions for a low fpe pcp that I can get to almost silent? Smaller is better, as my range is about 15m. Open to any caliber but naturally gravitating towards .17 for the obvious reasons.

Help me spend my money friends!
My Anschutz 8002 as super tweaked by AZ can shoot 10.3’s at <12 ftlbs nearly silently with only hearing the action.
IMG_7829.jpeg